Windows 10: display setups

Discus and support display setups in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a laptop that I take back and forth to the office and home. I have a multi monitor setup at the office and I have a multi monitor setup at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisLuke1, Aug 12, 2020.

1. display setups

I have a laptop that I take back and forth to the office and home. I have a multi monitor setup at the office and I have a multi monitor setup at home. When I boot the laptop at each location, the layouts change on the desktops. How can I setup windows so when I connect at work I tell it to use one monitor layout and when at home i use another monitor layout so I don't have to continually start my day with rearranging my windows and desktop.

:)

ChrisLuke1, Aug 12, 2020

2. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Projecting to an external display

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to use external display with windows 10.

This usually occurs if the video driver was not installed properly or not configured correctly.so I would suggest you to reinstall the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Uninstall Display Adapter drivers

I suggest you to uninstall the display drivers and reinstall them in compatibility mode.

To uninstall the driver, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type devmgmt.msc
    • Right click on the driver you want to uninstall
    • Click on Uninstall
    • Restart the system
    After the computer restarts, install the driver in compatibility mode.

• Select the setup file
    • Right click on it and click on
      properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select the operating system
    • Click Ok.
    Hope it helps, do get back to us if you need further assistance with Windows.

Arul_D, Aug 12, 2020
  4. display setups

Taskbar displaying in an incorrect position when using scaling on a dual monitor setup

Hi Jav,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the display on dual monitor. Do not worry will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of your device?

This issue might have occurred due to display drivers. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Steps to Update Graphics Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Also, check if the issue persists on 100% screen resolution as well.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

display setups

1. display setups - Similar Threads - display setups

2. Dual Screen Setup: Monitor Wakes with PC, but Won't Display an Imagine Until Second Screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Screen Setup: Monitor Wakes with PC, but Won't Display an Imagine Until Second Screen...: As the title says, I have a dual screen setup; one PC monitor, and one TV. Prior to having the TV also connected, the monitor would wake with the PC no problem. Even with dual monitors, it was not an issue. When I upgraded my second screen from a 1080p PC monitor to a 4K TV,...
  3. Dual Screen Setup: Monitor Wakes with PC, but Won't Display an Imagine Until Second Screen...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Screen Setup: Monitor Wakes with PC, but Won't Display an Imagine Until Second Screen...: As the title says, I have a dual screen setup; one PC monitor, and one TV. Prior to having the TV also connected, the monitor would wake with the PC no problem. Even with dual monitors, it was not an issue. When I upgraded my second screen from a 1080p PC monitor to a 4K TV,...
  4. Dual Screen Setup: Monitor Wakes with PC, but Won't Display an Imagine Until Second Screen...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do you make a laptop display show on monitor during window setup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you make a laptop display show on monitor during window setup?: Hello all,I'm not sure if this is possible, but I figured I'd try here. I currently have a gamming laptop with a broken screen. I'd been using a monitor and treating it like a tower. Unfortunately I had to do a window reset on the machine. However during the setup process the...
  6. How do you make a laptop display show on monitor during window setup?

How do you make a laptop display show on monitor during window setup?: Hello all,I'm not sure if this is possible, but I figured I'd try here. I currently have a gamming laptop with a broken screen. I'd been using a monitor and treating it like a tower. Unfortunately I had to do a window reset on the machine. However during the setup process the...
  7. Windows setup display driver broke

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows setup display driver broke: Hi. My laptop screen has been broken for a while now and I just connected it to my tv/monitor and it works great until I decided to dual boot windows 11 and 10I opened up my laptop and disconnected the cable to the built in display and just closed it bios works and everything...
  8. Windows setup display driver broke

Windows setup display driver broke: Hi. My laptop screen has been broken for a while now and I just connected it to my tv/monitor and it works great until I decided to dual boot windows 11 and 10I opened up my laptop and disconnected the cable to the built in display and just closed it bios works and everything...
  9. Dual Monitor Setup Display Jittering While on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitor Setup Display Jittering While on Windows 10: So, I recently switched from MacOS to windows on my Dual AMD FirePro D700 Graphics Mac Pro 2013. Everything was fine and i installed it without Bootcamp because i don’t want to Dual Boot. I simply just plugged in a USB stick that had the Windows 10 installer on it, and booted...
  10. Dual Monitor Setup Display Jittering While on Windows 10

Dual Monitor Setup Display Jittering While on Windows 10: So, I recently switched from MacOS to windows on my Dual AMD FirePro D700 Graphics Mac Pro 2013. Everything was fine and i installed it without Bootcamp because i don’t want to Dual Boot. I simply just plugged in a USB stick that had the Windows 10 installer on it, and booted...