Windows 10: Display shifted to right and right part is on left side. "X" is not on left

Discus and support Display shifted to right and right part is on left side. "X" is not on left in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Display of windows all of a sudden shift to right and right side part screen is visible on the left side. Things get normal after a restart. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GAUTHAM KUMAR MOKA, May 23, 2020.

1. Display shifted to right and right part is on left side. "X" is not on left

Display of windows all of a sudden shift to right and right side part screen is visible on the left side.

Things get normal after a restart.

I am using recommended display setting .

Two photos on different dates.

Display shifted to right and right part is on left side. "X" is not on left 73416b74-4fb1-48af-b2be-729b9607f898?upload=true.jpg

Display shifted to right and right part is on left side. "X" is not on left [​IMG]

please help with the solution!

:)

GAUTHAM KUMAR MOKA, May 23, 2020
  2. Jakob Win User

Windows + Shift + right doesn't shift window to the right screen (shifting to the left works fine)

When I use Windows Key + Shift + left the active window jumps to the monitor on the left like expected Display shifted to right and right part is on left side. "X" is not on left :)
    But when I try to do it the other way around: Windows Key + Shift + right the window doesn't jump back to the right Display shifted to right and right part is on left side. "X" is not on left :( Nothing happens. Why? How can I fix this?

PS: I am using Windows 10 Version 1903 (64 bit) on my ThinkPad with two additional external monitors.
    Windows Key + right moves the window correctly to the right (step by step but not directly to the next monitor).
    Maybe the Windows Key + Shift + right was overwritten by something else? How can I find out?

Jakob, May 23, 2020
  3. DISPLAY SHIFTS TO THE LEFT

Whenever I restart the computer the display is shifted to the left, I can see it starting during the restart, the Dell logo is off center, to the left. I have to go into settings when it's back up then change the display resolution
    and then click revert to have where I want it, 1280 x 720. Any ideas?

JosephBoone, May 23, 2020
  4. Display shifted to right and right part is on left side. "X" is not on left

Display shifted to right

This morning, when I turned on my computer and tried to access a webpage, the display above the taskbar was shifted about half-way off the screen to the right. I was able to click on the left page margin and drag the page to the left, but it will only
    go as far as my desktop shortcut icons. The portion of the page that displays is not distorted in any way. The right inch or so of the page is cut off, however. I cannot access the maximize/minimize/close controls in the top right corner.

sesquialtera, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Display shifted to right and right part is on left side. "X" is not on left

1. Display shifted to right and right part is on left side. "X" is not on left - Similar Threads - Display shifted right

2. Left is right, right is left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left is right, right is left: I want to switch the monitors so my single-screen taskbar is on the left monitor, not on the right. I tried using settings, switching cables, etc., without success. I'm sure that there's something simple that I'm missing....
  3. Left is right, right is left

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left is right, right is left: I want to switch the monitors so my single-screen taskbar is on the left monitor, not on the right. I tried using settings, switching cables, etc., without success. I'm sure that there's something simple that I'm missing....
  4. Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.: The left and right shift key works with all other letters and numbers besides A. I can use caps lock to get uppercase A. But, I would prefer to use my shift key on A rather than caps lock. I have tried using another keyboard but still have the same issue. I have updated...
  5. Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.

Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.: The left and right shift key works with all other letters and numbers besides A. I can use caps lock to get uppercase A. But, I would prefer to use my shift key on A rather than caps lock. I have tried using another keyboard but still have the same issue. I have updated...
  6. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  7. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  8. left and right audio on wrong side

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left and right audio on wrong side: My audio channels are coming out of the wrong side, right is left and left is right... please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-and-right-audio-on-wrong-side/8a2867e2-3de4-4d30-aa1b-f0b257da08cd
  9. Display shifted to the right so right part of display is on the left of the screen,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display shifted to the right so right part of display is on the left of the screen,...: Hello everyone, I know my subject is listing many separate issues but I think they might be connected because they all started one after the other, so listing everything that's been going on might give people a clue as to what's wrong. Last night I turned on my laptop and...
  10. Screen brightness different on left and right sides of display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen brightness different on left and right sides of display: I just updated my display driver to the latest from Nvidia. Now the left half of the display is darker than the right half. I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling, but the problem remains. The driver is Nvidia 355.60 WHQL , and yes my display card in on the list...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monitor screen shifted

2. windows 10 display shifted left