Windows 10: Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu

Discus and support Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently bought laptop gigabyte g5 kd i5-11400h rtx3060. I installed graphic drivers, so now my graphic card shows in the list of devices, but whenever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Damir Faridonov, Oct 24, 2022.

1. Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu

Recently bought laptop gigabyte g5 kd i5-11400h rtx3060. I installed graphic drivers, so now my graphic card shows in the list of devices, but whenever I launch a game in a fullscreen mode it looks like a slide show. When I use window mode it's pretty smooth. I've tried to turn off my integrated graphic card, since in fullscreen mode my GPU load is 0% while CPU starts to work too hard, but it didn't help, so I went to display settings and noticed that instead of my GPU it shows that it uses Microsoft basic display driver. How do I fix it?

:)

Damir Faridonov, Oct 24, 2022

2. The graphics driver shows as “Microsoft Basic Display Adapter” after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

With regard to your query, your Display Adapter is listed as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter instead of the correct driver name. If you have recently update your display card driver, and this problem comes along, what we can try to do here is to roll the
    display adapter's driver back to it's previous version.

Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter's category, and right-click Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, select
      Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, choose Roll Back
      Driver.

If rolling back the driver is unavailable, update the display driver manually.

• In Device Manager, expand Display
      adapter's category and right-click Microsoft Basic
      Display Adapter, and select Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, choose Update Driver.
    • Select Browser my computer for driver software.
    • Click the Browse button, then navigate to the folder where you place the downloaded display card driver setup file.
    • Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Oct 24, 2022
  3. Laptop started using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and not my Intel and Nvidia drivers.

-Whenever i open Dxdiag, under display i shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. Under the render tab, i shows my Nvidia GTX 960m.

-Whenever I open my games, it won't use the Nvidia GPU ( I have tried setting my nvidia control panel o high performance and manually added my games to the list).

-Whenever I open Device Manager -> Display Drivers, it only shows 1) Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and 2) Nvidia GTX 960m (It does not show my intel driver)

-I have tried reinsalling the drivers

-I have tries troubleshooting the drivers

PLEASE HELP.

MartinAfable, Oct 24, 2022
  4. Arabh Jha Win User

Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu

Microsoft basic display adapter

The name of GPU is not shown in device manager, it's showing MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER.

And when I try to upgrade GPU DRIVERS it's told best drivers are already installed.

And Nvidia installer cannot continue is also being written when I try to install it by Nvidia game ready drivers.

Please Answer

Arabh Jha, Oct 24, 2022
Thema:

Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu

1. Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu - Similar Threads - Display shows microsoft

2. microsoft basic display driver AMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft basic display driver AMD: microsoft basic display driver AMD problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-basic-display-driver-amd/c49b6b98-8c3a-4550-b9e6-c6e18aa30923
  3. microsoft basic display driver AMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft basic display driver AMD: microsoft basic display driver AMD problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-basic-display-driver-amd/c49b6b98-8c3a-4550-b9e6-c6e18aa30923
  4. microsoft basic display driver AMD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu: Recently bought laptop gigabyte g5 kd i5-11400h rtx3060. I installed graphic drivers, so now my graphic card shows in the list of devices, but whenever I launch a game in a fullscreen mode it looks like a slide show. When I use window mode it's pretty smooth. I've tried to...
  6. Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display shows microsoft basic display driver instead of my gpu: Recently bought laptop gigabyte g5 kd i5-11400h rtx3060. I installed graphic drivers, so now my graphic card shows in the list of devices, but whenever I launch a game in a fullscreen mode it looks like a slide show. When I use window mode it's pretty smooth. I've tried to...
  7. Windows 10 using "Microsoft Basic Display Driver" instead of my GPU Drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 using "Microsoft Basic Display Driver" instead of my GPU Drivers: Hello everyone,Sorry for the sccreen in french but I rather use the english forum that the french one.Here are my specs :OS : Windows 10 version 20H2CPU : Intel® Core™ i5-6600K 3.50 GHzGPU : Radeon RX 480 GraphicsRam : 8 GBI juste downloaded a new game and i have been unable...
  8. microsoft basic display driver

microsoft basic display driver: my graphics is set as microsoft basic display driver, its a recent problem after my son tried to install a high tech graphics driver for his gaming and I got the BSOD and have been trying to fix the problem myself. I uninstalled the original graphics driver but I can't...
  9. Display driver failed to start using microsoft basic display driver instead

Display driver failed to start using microsoft basic display driver instead: HI, Ever since the recent 1909 update my pc has been freezing even tho voice keeps continuing .. Discord calls are still connected and I can hear the other person clearly ; A disconnect reconnect device sound come and I have to restart the pc with the physical button. My...
  10. microsoft basic display driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft basic display driver: Hi, I have dell N1050 Laptop. For some reason I cannot use intel graphics driver and can only use Microsoft basic display driver. I went to repair shop to fix this. they say its hardware and can't be fixed without changing motherboard. I can't spend that much right now. I...