Windows 10: display shows wired color when wake up from sleep.but the mouse cursor is showing fine.

Discus and support display shows wired color when wake up from sleep.but the mouse cursor is showing fine. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The display shows wired color when wake up from sleep.but the mouse cursor is showing fine.so I think nothing is wrong with my hardware.how can i fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NaveethShehin, Aug 14, 2020.

1. display shows wired color when wake up from sleep.but the mouse cursor is showing fine.

The display shows wired color when wake up from sleep.but the mouse cursor is showing fine.so I think nothing is wrong with my hardware.how can i fix this.

display shows wired color when wake up from sleep.but the mouse cursor is showing fine. [​IMG]

:)

NaveethShehin, Aug 14, 2020
  2. asus2016 Win User

Wake from sleep - unwanted ethernet, versus mouse?

About a week ago I started noticing that my PC, which normally goes to sleep at the three-hour mark of inactivity, would be awake when I returned from work, or to a lesser extent, in the morning.

Using the event viewer, I found that the source of these unwanted wakes - honestly, virtually all my wakes including the "wanted" ones - was Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V.

But I use my mouse - double-click - to wake my computer. Which, as far as I know - confirmed by the wake times earlier than last week - was how/when the computer was waking.

So I turned off that Ethernet connection's ability to wake the computer (using Device Manager). Put PC to sleep manually from the start menu. Double-clicked the mouse, which woke the PC. And the wake source was USB Input Device (my USB mouse).

I'm comfortable I've disabled the unwanted wakes, and relieved that the mouse can still wake the computer.

But I'm also wondering:
    1. Why did the ethernet connection suddenly start waking the computer when I was away?
    2. Why did my mouse wakes show up as ethernet wakes before I disabled the ethernet connection from waking?

asus2016, Aug 14, 2020
  3. DaleDarin Win User
    WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep or hibernation

I am running windows 10 19041.388 on an HP All in One PC and cannot get it to wake up from sleep. I have done the following:

1. Allow mouse and keyboard to allow device to wake up computer.
    2. Updated drivers
    3. Turn off fast start up
    4. Re-enable Hibernation via Command Prompt
    5. USB Selective Suspend Setting - Disabled
    I have tried the above steps using both a wired HP mouse and a wireless Jelley Comb mouse

DaleDarin, Aug 14, 2020
  4. display shows wired color when wake up from sleep.but the mouse cursor is showing fine.

Wired Mouse not responding after wake up

Since I upgraded to Win 10 when my pc wakes from sleep the wired mouse slowly stops working.

John D'Apice, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

display shows wired color when wake up from sleep.but the mouse cursor is showing fine.

1. display shows wired color when wake up from sleep.but the mouse cursor is showing fine. - Similar Threads - display shows wired

2. Mouse cursor doesnt show up when reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor doesnt show up when reinstall windows: Due to some troubles, I have to reinstall Windows 11, guided in this link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/reinstall-windows-d8369486-3e33-7d9c-dccc-859e2b022fc7After downloading the installation media through this link...
  3. Mouse cursor doesnt show up when reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor doesnt show up when reinstall windows: Due to some troubles, I have to reinstall Windows 11, guided in this link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/reinstall-windows-d8369486-3e33-7d9c-dccc-859e2b022fc7After downloading the installation media through this link...
  4. Mouse and Keyboard not showing the ability to wake computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mouse and Keyboard not showing the ability to wake computer from sleep: Hello,When I go to device manager and look at the various keyboards, mice, HID devices or USB devices, the option under "Power Management" to "allow this device to wake the computer is greyed out. Also, on most of the devices listed, "power management" is not even an option....
  5. Mouse cursor not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor not showing: My mouse is not showing after I rest my computer I have a screen that says “a configuration change was requested to clear this computers tpm” so on and so on, how can I fix this?...
  6. Display changing color on wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display changing color on wake from sleep: Hello all! I'm new to the forum and hope you gurus will be able to help me sort out what's going on with my laptop. Since the last update I've been having an odd issue upon wake from sleep. The screen is dimmed a bit and is a more muted yellowish hue. When I open...
  7. Mouse cursor not showing up on Messenger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor not showing up on Messenger: I have the Messenger app downloaded on my laptop, and everytime I open it up from the window's search section, my cursor will not show up on the page. It's not the mouse's problem since i've tried it with my touchpad as well. The cursor shows up everywhere else, it's just...
  8. Display wakes up when computer sleeps

Display wakes up when computer sleeps: Hi When I put my Windows 10 desktop to sleep the display keeps waking up every 50 seconds or so even though the PC remain in sleep. After the display have been awake for about 10 seconds it turns off again. Any ideas? Kind regards Mikkel Mortensen...
  9. Display changing color on wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Display changing color on wake from sleep: Hello all! I'm new to the forum and hope you gurus will be able to help me sort out what's going on with my laptop. Since the last update I've been having an odd issue upon wake from sleep. The screen is dimmed a bit and is a more muted yellowish hue. When I open...
  10. Win 10 after waking up from sleep display shows the extended area

Win 10 after waking up from sleep display shows the extended area: This problem has only appeared recently. I have only a single monitor. After waking up from sleep mode the background appears to be the extended area. The task bar displays "Start, Search, Cortana, Task View, 'Fixed' Apps, Running Apps and Clock". If you push the mouse off...