Windows 10: display size all of a sudden is wrong.

Discus and support display size all of a sudden is wrong. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; the display size that my monitor is meant for is 1900x 1024 (i think) but windows makes it 1280x 1024 and it wont list 1900x 1024 as an option. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Hmmmmmmm, May 24, 2021.

1. Hmmmmmmm Win User

display size all of a sudden is wrong.

the display size that my monitor is meant for is 1900x 1024 (i think) but windows makes it 1280x 1024 and it wont list 1900x 1024 as an option. I have done a clean reinstall for my gpu's and reinstalled windows 10. my gpu is nvidia quadro p1000 and intel(r) UHD 630 my os 19043.985 .Can anyone help me?

:)

Hmmmmmmm, May 24, 2021
  2. Windows9 Win User

External second display wrong size

I have two extra displays connected to my laptop, and my largest one (technically a TV but whatever) is appearing the wrong size relative to my internal laptop display. My laptop's display is set to 1920x1080, and my TV is at a recommended 1366x768. Here are two pictures showing my situation.

Displays in real life:

display size all of a sudden is wrong. [​IMG]

Displays as shown on my computer:

display size all of a sudden is wrong. [​IMG]

Windows9, May 24, 2021
  3. how to enable normal/bigger size from small font size in toolbar and next to icons

Hi Tim,

For us to address you concern, we suggest following these steps on how to increase the text size of toolbars, application labels and folder names:

• On Cortana search, type display settings.
    • Choose Display settings from the list.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Under Related settings, select on Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • Under Change only the text size, change specific items on your preferred text size then click on
      Apply.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, May 24, 2021
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, May 24, 2021
Thema:

1. display size all of a sudden is wrong. - Similar Threads - display size sudden

2. Wrong screen size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong screen size: Hello! I have a laptop with wrong screen size. I updated display and video drivers. I have correct settings for screen resolution and text size, but I have an image is bigger than screen taskbar doesn't show because it is bottom. Any ideas? Thank you!...
  3. Wrong screen size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong screen size: Hello! I have a laptop with wrong screen size. I updated display and video drivers. I have correct settings for screen resolution and text size, but I have an image is bigger than screen taskbar doesn't show because it is bottom. Any ideas? Thank you!...
  4. How to increase the font size on all displays?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to increase the font size on all displays?: Slowly deteriorating eyesight means I need to increase the font size of everything typed - by a small amount. e.g. change texts from 100% to 120%....
  5. How to increase the font size on all displays?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to increase the font size on all displays?: Slowly deteriorating eyesight means I need to increase the font size of everything typed - by a small amount. e.g. change texts from 100% to 120%....
  6. Wrong size of Wallpapers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wrong size of Wallpapers: I have a problem with the size of my wallpapers and how they are displayed on the screen. In the link down below is an image where you can see what the problem is. I think it may be because of the resolution of the selected image for the wallpaper since a few full hd pics get...
  7. Wrong file size displayed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong file size displayed: [ATTACH] I am getting this in my F drive. I updated windows, scanned it using Windows Defender Offline scan but still it's appearing like this. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-file-size-displayed/7d4b0e10-4611-4f3b-a497-abdc51e4c306"
  8. change the font size for all display

in Windows 10 Customization
    change the font size for all display: Would someone please tell me how to increase the size of the font for displaying on my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-font-size-for-all-display/d9409518-186e-4da3-8566-0bf0f0c24759
  9. Outlook suddenly displaying at wrong size in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook suddenly displaying at wrong size in Edge: Not sure if this is a MS issue. Default zoom setting for Edge is 125% but Outlook email is suddenly really tiny in size despite Edge showing 125%. The right hand 30% of the screen is now just empty white space. If I change it to 100% and back to 125% then it corrects until I...
  10. External second display wrong size

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External second display wrong size: I have two extra displays connected to my laptop, and my largest one (technically a TV but whatever) is appearing the wrong size relative to my internal laptop display. My laptop's display is set to 1920x1080, and my TV is at a recommended 1366x768. Here are two pictures...