Windows 10: display size on monitor

Discus and support display size on monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot get my display to fill up the monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Office 11, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Office 11 Win User

display size on monitor

I cannot get my display to fill up the monitor

:)

Office 11, Aug 14, 2019
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

monitor display size

Hi Kathy,

This issue with monitor display can be caused by screen resolution problems.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try changing the screen resolution by following the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop screen.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click Display.
    • Under Resolution, click on the drop-down menu and change the screen resolution.

Note: You can select the most recommended resolution (1920 x 1080) if applicable and see if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Desktop Size exceeds Monitor Display Size

Hi Spud,

For us to better assist you with your monitor display size issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Which build and version of Windows are you running on your computer?
    To check, press Windows key + R > type winver
    > hit Enter.

• Is this the first time you've tried connecting your monitor to the Windows 10 computer?
    • If no, were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 14, 2019
  4. display size on monitor

Size of display on screen

Hi Nicolas,

To resolve your concern with the size of your monitor, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click Advanced display settings.
    • Check if the Resolution is at "Recommended" level, if it isn't set it to that and click
      Apply.

For further troubleshooting, we recommend that you update your
    graphics card driver

Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

display size on monitor

1. display size on monitor - Similar Threads - display size monitor

2. Display settings say my monitors are different sizes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display settings say my monitors are different sizes: I have two monitors, both 15.6", and display settings say they are both different sizes, and I can't find a way to correct this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-settings-say-my-monitors-are-different/f1b22478-b128-4025-bc96-e29f50443da7
  3. Second Monitor - Display Size Incorrect

Second Monitor - Display Size Incorrect: I am trying to connect my laptop to an external monitor. However when I do so, my laptop Identified as 1 appears much larger then the additional monitor Identified as 2. However, in actuality the external monitor is larger then the laptop red drawing. This is causing my icons...
  4. Second Monitor - Display Size Incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor - Display Size Incorrect: I am trying to connect my laptop to an external monitor. However when I do so, my laptop Identified as 1 appears much larger then the additional monitor Identified as 2. However, in actuality the external monitor is larger then the laptop red drawing. This is causing my icons...
  5. Dual monitor Display size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor Display size: I am using two monitors and trying to set it such that windows do not change size when dragged between them. Essentially I would like the left monitor to have the same sizing as the right since the monitors are pretty close in size.I have already looked at the solutions to...
  6. Dual monitor Display size

Dual monitor Display size: I am using two monitors and trying to set it such that windows do not change size when dragged between them. Essentially I would like the left monitor to have the same sizing as the right since the monitors are pretty close in size.I have already looked at the solutions to...
  7. Dual monitor Display size

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Monitor display sizing

Monitor display sizing: I use two monitors at 2 different % displays 125% & 100%; how can I get my display sizing choice to stick? Every time the machine goes to sleep or I lock it, I have to re-adjust the sizing on my main computer while the 2nd monitor remains correct....
  9. Extending equal sized displays on monitors

Extending equal sized displays on monitors: When extending my open page into monitor the page is enlarged more than twice the size. How do I manage my monitor and computer to show equal size image in both screens?...
  10. 1080p monitor and 4K TV to the same display size?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    1080p monitor and 4K TV to the same display size?: Is it somehow possible to get both displays to the same size in the display settings despite different resolution ? Because it annoys me a lot when I go up sideways with the mouse that I end up at a different point on the TV than I am out of the monitor. [ATTACH]...