Windows 10: Display size

Discus and support Display size in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A black bar on the left side just showed up. It makes everything looked jammed together. How do I make the display wider?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnHenley2, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Display size

A black bar on the left side just showed up. It makes everything looked jammed together. How do I make the display wider?

:)

JohnHenley2, Jul 8, 2019

2. how to enable normal/bigger size from small font size in toolbar and next to icons

Hi Tim,

For us to address you concern, we suggest following these steps on how to increase the text size of toolbars, application labels and folder names:

• On Cortana search, type display settings.
    • Choose Display settings from the list.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Under Related settings, select on Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • Under Change only the text size, change specific items on your preferred text size then click on
      Apply.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Display size

Desktop Icons are giantt size and layered on top of each other

Hi Gloria,

The size of text, apps, and other items in the display settings might be higher than 100%. For us to isolate your concern, we would like to ask these questions:

• Which Windows build version do you have?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check the size of text, apps, and other items in the display settings on your computer by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type in Display, and then select Display settings
      from the list of results.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, make sure that it is on
      100% only. If not, change it to 100% by moving the slider from right to left.

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Display size

1. Display size - Similar Threads - Display size

2. Windows display icons, Taskbar and apps doubled in-size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows display icons, Taskbar and apps doubled in-size: My laptop screen icon display and all have doubled in size... Like some accessibility for a person with sight problem has been turned on... This is the first time I'm experiencing this and I've tried and checked my settings throughly not seems wrong. The screen display has...
  3. Windows display icons, Taskbar and apps doubled in-size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows display icons, Taskbar and apps doubled in-size: My laptop screen icon display and all have doubled in size... Like some accessibility for a person with sight problem has been turned on... This is the first time I'm experiencing this and I've tried and checked my settings throughly not seems wrong. The screen display has...
  4. Windows display icons, Taskbar and apps doubled in-size

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Display settings say my monitors are different sizes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings say my monitors are different sizes: I have two monitors, both 15.6", and display settings say they are both different sizes, and I can't find a way to correct this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-settings-say-my-monitors-are-different/f1b22478-b128-4025-bc96-e29f50443da7
  6. Display settings say my monitors are different sizes

Display settings say my monitors are different sizes: I have two monitors, both 15.6", and display settings say they are both different sizes, and I can't find a way to correct this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-settings-say-my-monitors-are-different/f1b22478-b128-4025-bc96-e29f50443da7
  7. How can I display Paper size option in Windows Photo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I display Paper size option in Windows Photo?: When open a JPG file in Windows Photo, I found since I shift the printer to my printer, the paper size option disappears. The driver is developed by my team, and paper size option with a list A4, A5, Letter... is no problem , correcly displayed on any other Apps like MS...
  8. How can I display Paper size option in Windows Photo?

How can I display Paper size option in Windows Photo?: When open a JPG file in Windows Photo, I found since I shift the printer to my printer, the paper size option disappears. The driver is developed by my team, and paper size option with a list A4, A5, Letter... is no problem , correcly displayed on any other Apps like MS...
  9. How can I display Paper size option from my driver in Windows Photo?

How can I display Paper size option from my driver in Windows Photo?: When open a JPG file in Windows Photo, I found since I shift the printer to my customed printer, the paper size option disappears. The driver is developed by my team, and those paper size list A4, A5, Letter... is no problem , correcly displayed on any other Apps like MS...
  10. How can I display Paper size option from my driver in Windows Photo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I display Paper size option from my driver in Windows Photo?: When open a JPG file in Windows Photo, I found since I shift the printer to my customed printer, the paper size option disappears. The driver is developed by my team, and those paper size list A4, A5, Letter... is no problem , correcly displayed on any other Apps like MS...