Windows 10: Display size

Discus and support Display size in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A black bar on the left side just showed up. It makes everything looked jammed together. How do I make the display wider?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnHenley2, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Display size

A black bar on the left side just showed up. It makes everything looked jammed together. How do I make the display wider?

:)

JohnHenley2, Jul 8, 2019

2. how to enable normal/bigger size from small font size in toolbar and next to icons

Hi Tim,

For us to address you concern, we suggest following these steps on how to increase the text size of toolbars, application labels and folder names:

• On Cortana search, type display settings.
    • Choose Display settings from the list.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Under Related settings, select on Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • Under Change only the text size, change specific items on your preferred text size then click on
      Apply.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Display size

Desktop Icons are giantt size and layered on top of each other

Hi Gloria,

The size of text, apps, and other items in the display settings might be higher than 100%. For us to isolate your concern, we would like to ask these questions:

• Which Windows build version do you have?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check the size of text, apps, and other items in the display settings on your computer by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type in Display, and then select Display settings
      from the list of results.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, make sure that it is on
      100% only. If not, change it to 100% by moving the slider from right to left.

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Display size

1. Display size - Similar Threads - Display size

2. display size on monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    display size on monitor: I cannot get my display to fill up the monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-size-on-monitor/b6db0b92-5c81-48fd-9eb4-4d0d49381271
  3. File display size

in Windows 10 Support
    File display size: Since the 1903 update, whenever I open a file that is pinned to the taskbar, it opens as a thumbnail, even though they are set to open maximized. how do I get them back opening maximized? Any advice appreciated. Thank you. 136691
  4. Display size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display size: I have two Dell laptops with Windows 10 that I use sometimes with an LG Ultrawide monitor. One will use the full width of the display but the other only uses 75% of the width of the display....
  5. Data not being displayed in notepad despite being 118kb's in size.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data not being displayed in notepad despite being 118kb's in size.: I have a text document that is 118kb that when I open it using notepad or any other word processor appears to show a blank page. However, clicking on "select all" highlights the entire area and seems to encompass multiple pages, yet still does not display any visible data....
  6. Text size changes even though percentage in Display Settings remains the same

Text size changes even though percentage in Display Settings remains the same: I have a 3840x2160 and text size is set to the recommended 150%. Text size changes on its own to a smaller font - though it still says 150%. Can get it back to "normal" sometimes by toggling the size and doing a reboot. This happened occasionally but, the last couple of...
  7. Screen display size

Screen display size: I have Windows 10 on myPC. Everything was working fine until I stupidly set the display to 500 percent and now I cant get it back to normal size. Pressing the Windows key on my keyboard I can see Settings but dont know where to go from there. Any ideas?...
  8. Desktop Icons displaying sizes instead on their names

Desktop Icons displaying sizes instead on their names: Hello, I really need help please. My desktop icons instead of displaying their real names on the desktop they display size in KB. Attached is the picture of my desktop for help.[ATTACH]...
  9. changing the display size

changing the display size: At one point in time, before MS decided to do thing backwards, I was very easily able to find how to change my screen size. Now with the unorganized and just a mess of settings between having settings and control panel and numerous options located in numerous locations for...
  10. Incorrect Drive Usage Size being displayed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Incorrect Drive Usage Size being displayed in Windows 10: Hello there ! OS : Windows 10 (64 bit) - version 1809 (OS build 17763.404) Recently, I faced a very peculiar issue with my Laptop. I noticed that the size statistics of Volume A: of Hard disk are incorrectly displayed. If I check for usage by right clicking drive A:...