Windows 10: Display slow to turn on after sleep mode.

Discus and support Display slow to turn on after sleep mode. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I was able to fix this after a few hours of searching and watching videos. All I needed to do was to type in "create a restore point" in the search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RichardLeBlanc2, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Display slow to turn on after sleep mode.

I was able to fix this after a few hours of searching and watching videos. All I needed to do was to type in "create a restore point" in the search bar. From there I was able to restore the PC to a point before the problem began. I had to do it twice because Malwarebytes premium prevented the system files from being restored to the previous point. So I just disabled that program for the second attempt. It was also more than just the display being slow to turn on. Everything was slow and not working properly. All is well now. I hope this helps and works for others having the same issue.

:)

RichardLeBlanc2, Aug 18, 2019
  2. lollygags Win User

Turn off display and sleep mode problem

I have the Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 and my computer will not turn off the display or go into sleep mode according to the power settings. I currently have it set to turn off the display after 5 minutes and go to sleep after 30 minutes. I ran the Power
    Troubleshooter and it said it found an issue with the "Turn hard disk off after" selection and changed it to 20 minutes but the displays still won't turn off and the computer doesn't go into sleep mode as scheduled. I am however able to put the pc into sleep
    mode manually from the start menu so it's not like sleep mode doesn't work it just doesn't happen automatically according to the power settings. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

lollygags, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Display slow to turn on after sleep mode.

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Display slow to turn on after sleep mode.

1. Display slow to turn on after sleep mode. - Similar Threads - Display slow turn

2. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.: Hello everyone, It's been a month since I've been trying every solution suggested, plus those I found on here in other answered topics. However, none seems to fix the waking up of the PC some 3 -5 seconds after it shutdown or goes to sleep. Finally, did a clean reinstall with...
  3. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.: Hello everyone, It's been a month since I've been trying every solution suggested, plus those I found on here in other answered topics. However, none seems to fix the waking up of the PC some 3 -5 seconds after it shutdown or goes to sleep. Finally, did a clean reinstall with...
  4. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop display turns on and off after restarting/resuming from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop display turns on and off after restarting/resuming from sleep mode: Hello! Recently, I've been having issues with my laptop Dell Inspiron 15, where the display will turn on, display nothing, and then turn off again. It keeps doing that until I perform a hard-shutdown holding the power button. The computer hasn't had this issue prior to...
  6. external display slow to wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    external display slow to wake up after sleep: I use windows10, 64 bits last version. After a windows update my Dell laptop had the following problem: the external display does not wake up instantly as the laptop display does. The longer the sleep, the longer it takes to wake up. A windows technician repaired this...
  7. external display slow to wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    external display slow to wake up after sleep: I use windows10, 64 bits last version. After a windows update my Dell laptop had the following problem: the external display does not wake up instantly as the laptop display does. The longer the sleep, the longer it takes to wake up. A windows technician repaired this...
  8. Do not display the monitor after sleep mode

Do not display the monitor after sleep mode: hi. When the system is turned off from sleep mode Sometimes the monitor does not display. And the monitor screen stays black. But the graphics card is on and the fans are spinning. The keyboard freezes and nothing can be done. I can only restart from the case. This error is...
  9. problem with display after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    problem with display after sleep mode: hey. so i have gaming laptop, now its working on the battery i woke up my pc from sleep mode and that what happens every time , what can cuse this ? https://i.imgur.com/sTSe30m.png https://i.imgur.com/GRknaDM.png submitted by /u/Shadowshoot [link] [comments]...
  10. Issues with turning off display and sleep mode

Issues with turning off display and sleep mode: Hi I have a brand new Asus VivoBook laptop and the display is not turning off and the computer is not going to sleep for the times I've set. I've tried the Power troubleshooter, restoring Balanced plan to defaults, and turning off fast start up with no success. The screen...