Windows 10: Display smaller than monitor

Discus and support Display smaller than monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Wiped off my key board now the screen doesn't fit. How do I reset the screen? Cant find the right settings!!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by et&10333, Jun 26, 2020.

1. et&10333 Win User

Display smaller than monitor

Wiped off my key board now the screen doesn't fit. How do I reset the screen? Cant find the right settings!!!

:)

et&10333, Jun 26, 2020

2. Screen smaller than monitor in Windows 10.

Hi,

Since the initial troubleshooting steps were already performed, we suspect that the cause of this issue is due to a user profile corruption. To further troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you create a test user profile. Check if you will have the
    same issue with the display of your device. This is for us to verify if the issue is isolated with one user profile or with multiple accounts.

To create a test user profile, follow these steps:

• Using Cortana search, type Settings and then hit the Enter key.
    • In the Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Choose Add someone else to this PC.
    • Click I don't have this person's sign-in information.
    • Click Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    • Name the user as TEST and then provide a password.

Keep us updated about the result.

Darleen Pen, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Amy Hart Win User
    Projector display is smaller than it used to be

I connect my computer to a projector often for presentations. I realized this morning that the projectors display is smaller than it used to be. I connected the projector to another laptop that uses Windows 8.1 and the display was much larger. What settings
    do I need to change to increase the size of the projection?

Amy Hart, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

multiple monitors worse on 10 than 8.1

Hi Getho,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Missing Windows Updates.

• Incorrect settings.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Update including the Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refer the article and which will help you.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Display smaller than monitor - Similar Threads - Display smaller monitor

2. Physical monitor dimensions smaller or bigger than what's detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Physical monitor dimensions smaller or bigger than what's detected: Hello, I have a laptop connected to an ultra wide monitor utilizing it as a dual monitor set up. Under display settings the physical height dimensions of the monitors detected are the same the only difference is the length one is longer than the other. It's a minor...
  3. Physical monitor dimensions smaller or bigger than what's detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Physical monitor dimensions smaller or bigger than what's detected: Hello, I have a laptop connected to an ultra wide monitor utilizing it as a dual monitor set up. Under display settings the physical height dimensions of the monitors detected are the same the only difference is the length one is longer than the other. It's a minor...
  4. Display larger or smaller than monitor in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Display larger or smaller than monitor in Windows 10: You may want to use a monitor with your Windows 10 laptop or desktop in order to increase your productivity. However, some Windows users are experiencing an issue, where their display is larger or smaller than the monitor size. In this article, we are going to see some simple...
  5. Screen display is smaller than the monitor screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen display is smaller than the monitor screen: I was scrolling sideways to the left to see an image that went off the screen to the right. The curser caught the wallpaper and narrowed the display so it does not fill the monitor screen. I went to settings and choose the full screen recommended but got an error message....
  6. display is larger than my monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display is larger than my monitor: I'm having a problem where my display is larger than my monitor.. How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-is-larger-than-my-monitor/70f54546-51c2-4328-b9cf-3d6c2b702d92
  7. display became smaller

display became smaller: when i updated windows 10 a few days ago and after it restarted the display became smaller and the icons were smaller too. when i launch a game cs:go it has an "engine error". what should i do?...
  8. Display bigger than monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display bigger than monitor?: My display is bigger than the actual monitor. I am on the recommended resolution and icon size, still cant see edges of display as my screen is too small. It is set to the Samsung Monitor which has worked fine for my PS4 during the last 4 years. What can I do to fix this?...
  9. Windows.old is smaller than Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows.old is smaller than Windows: After I made a recovery drive, there was a new folder in my C: drive that was called windows.old . I now that it does that on purpose because it copies all the windows system files and stores it there. But for some reason, from this image I took, "Windows.old" has more files...
  10. Hard drive shows much smaller than is

Hard drive shows much smaller than is: You're quite welcome. Glad we can help. However, I suggest to use the smaller drive for Windows, 200 GB is enough (186 GB shown). You can transfer Windows back to it then use 1TB drive strictly for data. Easier to manage and backup. If you need help on this, let me know.