Windows 10: Display, some areas faint.

Discus and support Display, some areas faint. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop a Toshiba Satellite L870-18V is about five years old now. My problem is that some areas of my display are sometimes very faint, notably the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MikeBlakeney, May 31, 2019.

1. Display, some areas faint.

My laptop a Toshiba Satellite L870-18V is about five years old now. My problem is that some areas of my display are sometimes very faint, notably the search bars and also in for example the Settings menu when some line of print are normal and some faint. If I do a full restart this clears the problem until next time which could be the next day or not for a week or more. Is this just old age for my computer or is this a problem that I can fix?

:)

MikeBlakeney, May 31, 2019

2. notification area on all display

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding notification area, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right click Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • Untick Show taskbar on all displays; then, Apply.
    • Drag the remaining primary monitor taskbar to the screen you want.
    • Tick Show taskbar on all displays.

We appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, May 31, 2019
  3. KM96 Win User
    Faint text display?

I've noticed the standard text on my display has become faint, as if it is a paper printer running out of ink. It improves if I enlarge the touch screen. Does anyone know how to fix this? It is very annoying.

4. SueTrnka Win User

Display, some areas faint.

Faint text display?

I've noticed the same faintness. I thought it was just in Outlook, but noticed it today in Publisher and that's really annoying because I need to be able to clearly see the ruler. Found this tread, tried the fix above and the update resulted in me finding
    out I have the most recent updates for my display drivers. Frustrating. What changed suddenly?!?!

SueTrnka, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Display, some areas faint.

1. Display, some areas faint. - Similar Threads - Display areas faint

2. display problem small area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display problem small area: display has out of focus icons in just in one spot on the display - it is a rectangle of about 1.5 icons tall and 4 icons wide. - what icon in settings have i pressed or key combinations have i pressed to cause this?- it is apparent it is not a malfunction of the display...
  3. display problem small area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    display problem small area: display has out of focus icons in just in one spot on the display - it is a rectangle of about 1.5 icons tall and 4 icons wide. - what icon in settings have i pressed or key combinations have i pressed to cause this?- it is apparent it is not a malfunction of the display...
  4. display problem small area

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Blank area at top of some programs when displayed in Maximized mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Blank area at top of some programs when displayed in Maximized mode: I asked this question back on July 2020, but have updated it and am reposting in hopes that someone knows a solution. Others are experiencing the same problem. The problem manifests itself as a blank area at the top of a maximized window. It occurs Only for certain programs...
  6. Notification area not on main display

Notification area not on main display: I have 3 displays 2 monitors and a TV/HDMI display. In the last week the notification area and Taskbar toolbars have been appearing on the TV display, instead of display #2 which is set as my main display in Display Settings. How can I get the notification area and Taskbar...
  7. Faint words.

Faint words.: The headlines on my computer are very clear but narrative is faint and blurry. Tried Display Settings but can't resolve this issue. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/faint-words/e581427c-02ec-4e62-b9ac-dcc2c383a641
  8. faint font

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    faint font: I have a new inspiron 7380 brand new. the font when you open file explorer is really faint. trying to get to support is almost impossible. I have a 4 year old inspiron and the font is strong and clear. any idea how to fix please?...
  9. Notification area partially displayed

Notification area partially displayed: Hi, Since i've installed windows, i have the following bug ; i can not see all the icons as, i suppose, one row of icons is missing (screenshot below). Is there a way to fix it ? Thank you [ATTACH]...
  10. Notification Area Display Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area Display Problem: On Build 14271 my notification area changed to, Main monitor, [img] Other two monitors, [img] How do i get the main monitor to display the same as the other two (without the two white bars)? 42037