Windows 10: Display stays dim after last update

Discus and support Display stays dim after last update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I just updated the Windows 10 to the 2004 version but now my screen is very dim. When I go to displays it does not show the option to change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tineke vdM, May 31, 2020.

1. Display stays dim after last update

Hi I just updated the Windows 10 to the 2004 version but now my screen is very dim. When I go to displays it does not show the option to change the brightness as it did before. The device manager says the Intel HD Family driver is blocked. What can I do to change this situation?

:)

Tineke vdM, May 31, 2020
  2. Joan Pin Win User

display dimming

Hi,

There's a possibility that this issue is due to the Display settings of your device. For us to isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Is it only happening when you connect your device to Windows 10?
    • If it's not connected, have you noticed certain activities wherein the screen dims automatically?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Joan Pin, May 31, 2020
  3. Screen Display Dim

Since I updated to the new windows 10 version, my display is quite dim. I go into settings to adjust it and it will not let me. The brightness is at full and the screen is at about 20%.

Suggestions to fix?

Jason (live.com#azpd3189), May 31, 2020
  4. Display stays dim after last update

2600 display dims

Apparently the 2600 display dims after 15 secs and annoyingly cannot be changed. Can anybody suggest what button to press so I get the display back up but not disturb what's on screen? Thanks

macjac---01, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Display stays dim after last update

1. Display stays dim after last update - Similar Threads - Display stays dim

2. Display dim after 20s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display dim after 20s: Hi!Since some update ago my display dims after exactly 20 seconds of inactivity. In fact, it does not dim, this seems to be a software effect. The reason why I make this deduction is because all of the background lowers in brightness but the mouse pointer stays the same...
  3. Display dim after 20s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display dim after 20s: Hi!Since some update ago my display dims after exactly 20 seconds of inactivity. In fact, it does not dim, this seems to be a software effect. The reason why I make this deduction is because all of the background lowers in brightness but the mouse pointer stays the same...
  4. After last update taskbar stays large

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After last update taskbar stays large: After the last update KB5022913 Windows taskbar becomes large. Trick with TaskbarSi do not work. How to make taskbat small? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-last-update-taskbar-stays-large/489e4dc9-89a5-4486-a344-7e1d0f59cf3c
  5. After last update taskbar stays large

After last update taskbar stays large: After the last update KB5022913 Windows taskbar becomes large. Trick with TaskbarSi do not work. How to make taskbat small? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-last-update-taskbar-stays-large/489e4dc9-89a5-4486-a344-7e1d0f59cf3c
  6. Display auto-dim

Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  7. Display port problem after last updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display port problem after last updates: hello after the last update of the 16/03/2021 my displayport start of fail and appear a message in the monitor that says "displayport not signal" each time when i open a game or when i open virtual machines or when im in the desktop, i make a new instalation of windows 10...
  8. Display dims randomly when NightLight is on after last upgrade...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display dims randomly when NightLight is on after last upgrade...: Greetings: I've got a problem. After the last upgrade, I can no longer use NighLight - which is a serious problem since I'm severely visually disabled. After the update, whenever NightLight is on, the display dims by at least 50% randomly, every few minutes. To get it back,...
  9. Display Automatic Dimming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Automatic Dimming: If I try to watch a video on my laptop, the screen will automatically dim its contrast once the mouse icon disappears. How do I get this automatic diming and dulling of the display screen to remain as vibrant as it should be....
  10. Display problem after last update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display problem after last update: Yesterday the update 10586.104 left some weird happenings on the display. along the right hand side the upper and lower corners are darker and in the middle it much brighter. its like the login screen with window showing a bright light when you start up did not seem to...