Windows 10: Display Suddenly Changed

Discus and support Display Suddenly Changed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Some setting must have been changed, as I can no longer right-click on the desktop, clicking on the start button has those options at the top (see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimlau, Jun 12, 2019.

1. jimlau Win User

Display Suddenly Changed

Some setting must have been changed, as I can no longer right-click on the desktop, clicking on the start button has those options at the top (see photo) I've never seen before, Firefox no longer has a minimize/maximize button, windows explorer's Restore Down option doesn't work, the lower right of the task bar no longer has that desktop button, right -clicking on the taskbar does not give taskbar options, there is an arrow on the left of the taskbar (see photo) that I never saw before, and more.

How do I get back to my normal desktop?

Thanks.

Display Suddenly Changed [​IMG]

:)

jimlau, Jun 12, 2019

2. Display resolution keeps changing

Hi Rick,

It might be caused by a faulty driver that's why your display resolution keeps changing. We
    suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the display driver, see steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Display Suddenly Changed

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Display Suddenly Changed

1. Display Suddenly Changed - Similar Threads - Display Suddenly Changed

2. changing the display size

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing the display size: At one point in time, before MS decided to do thing backwards, I was very easily able to find how to change my screen size. Now with the unorganized and just a mess of settings between having settings and control panel and numerous options located in numerous locations for...
  3. Suddenly a Key will CHANGE

Suddenly a Key will CHANGE: Suddenly, either the Master or the Slave PC, connected with an ethernet cable, is CHANGING the keys so I get a mismatch error pop-up. This is after using MWB for years now. It has been very stable. Is there a way to ENSURE that when I go through the setup, I can SAVE the...
  4. 2nd Display suddenly not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd Display suddenly not showing: I woke my computer up from sleep mode and suddenly the second screen is not showing. It is detected, but not showing anything on the screen. I Shut Down and restarted. The computer shows the boot image on the second screen, but at the login screen there is no display. I've...
  5. it suddenly changed the default fonts

it suddenly changed the default fonts: I'm running Windows 10 on my laptop. The other day it suddenly changed the default fonts. I have Googled how to reset them and followed all of the instructions carefully but the System default option doesn't work. Can anyone help please....
  6. Display Icons, suddenly Large

Display Icons, suddenly Large: Probably my cat, but how do I return icons to their original size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-icons-suddenly-large/a22752c9-e7f4-4412-8ca9-038ea6601f83
  7. Keyboard suddenly changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard suddenly changed: While I was working on my PC on a Belgian keyboard setting with ! on the 8 key, my keyboard suddenly changed to a French keyboard. I have tried to put it back multiple times, using both Belgian period and comma keyboard settings but neither of them are actually putting it...
  8. changing display language

changing display language: When I try to change windows display language to Arabic the only choice I have is English (uk). I hope that you may help me with this problem?...
  9. Change display language

Change display language: Hi, I use en-NZ (main) as well as Korean. Problem is that when I install Korean language and keyboard, it seems to automatically come with English (United Kingdom). Funny thing is that the display language is also changed to English (United Kingdom). I haven't installed...
  10. Sudden loss of picture on one of the displays

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Sudden loss of picture on one of the displays: I've got no idea what to think of it, why it happened and because of what. I have 2 displays, had them for 2 years now and Nvidia GTX 9700. One of them is connected to my graphic card via HDMI and the other one is plugged via DP. A few minutes ago, while I was talking to my...