Windows 10: Display suddenly wont fit screen

Discus and support Display suddenly wont fit screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i simply turned my PC off went and had lunch and cane back half an hour later turned it back on and now the display is at an incorrect ratio and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BryanKlason, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Display suddenly wont fit screen

So i simply turned my PC off went and had lunch and cane back half an hour later turned it back on and now the display is at an incorrect ratio and i cant alter it, looked online and tried everything i could find from uninstalling and reinstalling video card drivers to going through the NVIDIA control panel into the 'adjust desktop size and position' option trying all the things in there still not a thing changes.

Can anyone give me some more assistance, nothing was installed or updated before i restarted the PC which is why to me it makes zero sense

Thank-you in advance for any help

Display suddenly wont fit screen 502a6c83-c397-4997-ab20-0d5b637fa1e5?upload=true.jpg

:)

BryanKlason, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Screen suddenly stopped fitting monitor size.

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft community.

1. May I know the make and model of your system?
    2. Was there any major change on your system recently that could have led to this issue?

This issue usually occurs when the screen resolution is changed under display settings or when the display adapter is not updated. The screen resolution can be changed by right-clicking on the desktop and selecting ‘Display settings’ from the list
    of options in the drop down.

If you are not able to change the resolution, please check if the ‘Display adapter’ driver is updated. You can follow the steps in this

article
    to update the display adapter driver.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jun 21, 2020
  3. My computer screen wont fit on the display Windows 10

Hello,

As you are facing issue with Display, I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Method 2: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Display suddenly wont fit screen

Screen does not fit to desktop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?
    • Does this issue occur on a local account or the Microsoft user Account?
    Please Sign out from the current user account, restart the pc and login to the administrator account to check if that helps. Also ensure to install any pending updates on the pc to keep the system up to date.

If the issue persists, I suggest you check the screen resolution set on the computer. To set resolution follow the below steps:-

• Press “Windows Key + X” and select Control Panel.
    • Go to Display.
    • Click on Screen Resolution.
    • Try using a different resolution and check if it fits your desktop.
    • Save the changes and restart the system.

If you still face the issue, you can try updating your display drivers from Device Manager and check if it helps.

Refer the below steps to update the driver.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device Manager.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Display suddenly wont fit screen

1. Display suddenly wont fit screen - Similar Threads - Display suddenly wont

2. Display doesn't fit my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display doesn't fit my screen: I reset my PC, kept my files and reinstalled windows using cloud download. When my PC restarted, the display doesn't fit in my monitor anymore. I tried to adjust the display resolution and the scale to the recommended setting but it still doesn't fit. Can anyone give me...
  3. Display doesn't fit my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display doesn't fit my screen: I reset my PC, kept my files and reinstalled windows using cloud download. When my PC restarted, the display doesn't fit in my monitor anymore. I tried to adjust the display resolution and the scale to the recommended setting but it still doesn't fit. Can anyone give me...
  4. Display doesn't fit my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Display does not fit Screen

Display does not fit Screen: After the latest automatic windows update when I turned my computer back on again the next day, the screen was out of whack. Everything was there in the window but the window didn't size properly for the hp laptop monitor, It was cut off on the bottom so I couldn't see the...
  6. Display does not fit Screen. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display does not fit Screen. Windows 10: Display does not fit Screen. Windows 10, i tryed this but they dont work Method1: Try to uninstall and re-install the Display drivers.You may follow these steps to uninstall and reinstall the Display drivers:Press “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard and type...
  7. Screen not fitting to display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen not fitting to display: My screen does not fit to my display! I have checked all settings and done everything to fix it but nothing works! Im now completely irritated with this and I can't let it go! Has anyone had this? Where nothings worked? Acer predator xb27b monitor. Someone help!!! Lol...
  8. games display not fit on screen

games display not fit on screen: when i playing games display not fit on screen how can i fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-display-not-fit-on-screen/23504782-3050-4dd8-a32d-96c24c9e1d8d
  9. Make display fit the screen

Make display fit the screen: I'm using an ATVIO TV which has no windows driver that I know of and the display is off the screen, so I can't easily click the Start button. How can it be adjusted? Thanks - rev...
  10. Screen suddenly stopped fitting monitor size.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen suddenly stopped fitting monitor size.: Hello, I have been using Windows 10 on my PC for over a year it everything has been flawless, but this morning, I turned on my computer and the screen had over an inch of black on the sides. I have searched every single forum and support site I could find and I found that a...