Windows 10: Display suggestion, when updating to 1903, is no longer functioning while typing in a file...

Discus and support Display suggestion, when updating to 1903, is no longer functioning while typing in a file... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Before Windows 10 hadn't updated to 1903, I was seeing auto correction and suggestion while typing in a file in the notepad app. However, I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by a cooperator, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Display suggestion, when updating to 1903, is no longer functioning while typing in a file...

Hi
    Before Windows 10 hadn't updated to 1903, I was seeing auto correction and suggestion while typing in a file in the notepad app.
    However, I don't see that is being shown while typing in file in the notepad app.

:)

a cooperator, Oct 10, 2019

2. laptop display device no longer functioning after Windows 10 install and updates

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

This issue may arise as you may have mistakenly change display to second display only. I suggest you to press Windows key + P key
    and cheek and verify if the “Second Display only” option is not selected. If it is selected turn it back to PC screen only and check if it works. Also check if the duplicating the projector screen button on the function key (F1-F12) is not press to
    make default display off. Check and verify the above steps.

Also I suggest you to run the
    Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 10, 2019
  3. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Oct 10, 2019
  4. AM*
    Am* Win User

Display suggestion, when updating to 1903, is no longer functioning while typing in a file...

Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

Thema:

Display suggestion, when updating to 1903, is no longer functioning while typing in a file...

1. Display suggestion, when updating to 1903, is no longer functioning while typing in a file... - Similar Threads - Display suggestion updating

2. Display of "Caps lock" while typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display of "Caps lock" while typing: Bonjour,Je suis sous Windows 11 et des que je j'appuis sur "Ver Maj" un pop up m'indiquant son activation/desactivation apparait ce qui est fort penible.J'ai chercher dans tout les coins des paramettres mais rien de semblable à l'option qui permettait cela sur windows 10....
  3. Display of "Caps lock" while typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display of "Caps lock" while typing: Bonjour,Je suis sous Windows 11 et des que je j'appuis sur "Ver Maj" un pop up m'indiquant son activation/desactivation apparait ce qui est fort penible.J'ai chercher dans tout les coins des paramettres mais rien de semblable à l'option qui permettait cela sur windows 10....
  4. need help with auto-suggestions tab while typing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    need help with auto-suggestions tab while typing: i use username and password which have some common characters in the beginning. I use the same username and password for all my apps and webpages. i recently turned on Settings>Devices>Typing>Hardware Keyboard> show text suggestions as i type. i then one day made a...
  5. annoying suggestion while typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    annoying suggestion while typing: Hi, For the past week or so, whenever I am typing anywhere, let it be notepad or google, I get this annoying suggestion box near the cursor. I don't know where it is coming from and I could see no software installed in my system which could perform this. What I could...
  6. Text suggestions doesn’t display in Notepad after updating to Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text suggestions doesn’t display in Notepad after updating to Windows 10 1903: Hi Before Windows 10 hadn't updated to 1903, I was seeing auto correction and suggestion while typing in a file in the notepad app. However, I don't see that is being shown while typing in file in the notepad app. ***Modified title from: Display suggestion, when updating...
  7. Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903: I was forced to update to Win10 1903 today from 1809 by Windows and after updating I encountered a bit of an issue, changing the brightness now isn't as smooth as it was before with the function keys as seen here SEyRYGojBsA in comparison, changing the brightness with the...
  8. Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903: I was forced to update to Win10 1903 today from 1809 by Windows and after updating I encountered a bit of an issue, changing the brightness now isn't as smooth as it was before with the function keys as seen here SEyRYGojBsA in comparison, changing the brightness with the...
  9. Windows Update no longer functions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update no longer functions: I got behind in my updates and had a many updates to do. During update for KB4485449, the process got aborted before finishing correctly. Now, I always get error message that I cannot get updates. I tried to uninstall all updates I did on this same date, but when I tried to...
  10. Auto Snap to function of the pointer while typing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Snap to function of the pointer while typing.: I am trying to find out how to stop the autosnap function of the mouse pointer while I am typing. It seems to occur everywhere but here. Where do you adjust this function?...