Windows 10: Display Switch not working

Discus and support Display Switch not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good morning, since yesterday the display switch functionality stopped working, so now if I want to extend my desktop to a second monitor or if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LucaAiello3, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Display Switch not working

Good morning,

since yesterday the display switch functionality stopped working, so now if I want to extend my desktop to a second monitor or if I want to work only on my second monitor, it is not possible through the fn + f8 in my case buttons. Also the Windows + p shortcut is not working neither executing DisplaySwitch.exe. Can someone give me help please?

Luca

:)

LucaAiello3, Apr 8, 2021

2. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Apr 8, 2021
  3. JP2016 Win User
    Keyboard stops working after switching users...

Hi,

I have a very annoying issue that hast started to happen a few days ago. Basically when I switch users keyboard stops working.

Steps:

• Start PC
    • Switch User B - login screen is displayed and keypboard works to enter password
    • User B descktop is displayed
      • Keyboard does not work
      • Mouse works
      • Strange behaviour - the system seems to act like the Enter key is stuck down (which it isn't). If I open word to a new document (using mouse) it just inserts new lines into the document... like I am holding the enter key down
    I've tried a different keyboard and still the same issue.

Any ideas?

JP2016, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Display Switch not working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Display Switch not working

1. Display Switch not working - Similar Threads - Display Switch working

2. Display Switching Filter Automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Switching Filter Automatically: I have my computer on dark mode for most things, but for some sites there's no option. So I often switch between light and dark colors. However, when I do, the display automatically changes the filter for easier viewing. The problem is it takes time, so whenever I switch from...
  3. Display Switching Filter Automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Switching Filter Automatically: I have my computer on dark mode for most things, but for some sites there's no option. So I often switch between light and dark colors. However, when I do, the display automatically changes the filter for easier viewing. The problem is it takes time, so whenever I switch from...
  4. 3D display switch

3D display switch: I accidentally switch the 3D view switch in my Windows 10 display settings. I lost all views and now I can see or do anything? How can I reset display setting without going into the control panel?...
  5. Switching display adapters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switching display adapters: Hi, I want to switch my display adapter from the integrated intel graphics to my Nvidia one. I have tried doing it through Nvidia control panel and it just doesn't seem to actually change it. Wondering if anyone else had some ideas?...
  6. Windows Key + P -> Switch Display Not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows Key + P -> Switch Display Not working: Windows Version 1803 I can't switch between single monitor and extend to multiple monitors using Windows Key + P I'm not certain what to look for. I searched and found posts about "DisplaySwitch.exe", but when I find it it doesn't do anything. Before when I would hip...
  7. Windows Key + P -> Switch Display Not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Key + P -> Switch Display Not working: Windows Version 1803 I can't switch between single monitor and extend to multiple monitors using Windows Key + P I'm not certain what to look for. I searched and found posts about "DisplaySwitch.exe", but when I find it it doesn't do anything. Before when I would hip...
  8. Switching displays

Switching displays: I often switch my display from my computer monitor to my TV screen by selecting Extend these Displays in Display Settings. There are two different ways this will work: 1. All screen contents i.e., all open windows, and controls switch to the alternate screen, i.e., TV...
  9. Main display switches

Main display switches: Hello - this might possibly be a bit outside of the Windows discussion since I run Windows 7 on a RH Linux laptop (it's a work requirement), but I'll ask since I have not been able to figure this out or find a solution anywhere. I use 3 monitors - laptop is #1 and I use #2...
  10. Main & external displays switched

Main & external displays switched: Hello, I have a Lenovo laptop running as my main display and a 24" external monitor for my extended display. I frequently do presentations and have one coming up this week. I went in this morning to run through it and my main and external displays have switched screens. My...