Windows 10: Display switches to "settings" window after 10 minutes.

Discus and support Display switches to "settings" window after 10 minutes. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Asus 303la laptop with Win 10 pro preview # 14965 Installed build 14965 via upgrade from previous insider build. Screen display after 10 minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jm44jg39, Nov 9, 2016.

1. jm44jg39 Win User

Display switches to "settings" window after 10 minutes.

Asus 303la laptop with Win 10 pro preview # 14965

Installed build 14965 via upgrade from previous insider build. Screen display after 10 minutes (when not in use) or so switches to "settings" window without any input or mouse activity. Looks as if you clicked on the setting icon on lower right corner of the task bar. Acts/looks like a screensaver. Checked screensaver setting and are ok. I use the TEXT screen saver.

I have run DISM and SFC. No reported problems.

Any suggestions?

:)

jm44jg39, Nov 9, 2016

2. Windows 10 Sleep Mode in a minute though set to "Never"

My computer (Windows 10) goes into sleep mode after no more than a minute of inactivity. Power Options are set to "Never" when asked "Put computer to sleep" and "Turn off the display"

HicksonAbbott, Nov 9, 2016
  3. 93tid Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Nov 9, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Turn off the screensaver, does the same thing happen?

spunk, Nov 9, 2016
  5. jm44jg39 Win User
    Yes. Thanks for the suggestion.

jm44jg39, Nov 9, 2016
  6. jm44jg39 Win User
    This seems to be a common problem with this build. Go to the MS Insider forum at "answers.microsoft.com" In my case my home built desktop works fine. My Asus 303LA Zenbook laptop is the one with the problem. One suggestions mention is to minimize the opened page. This seems to work.

jm44jg39, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Display switches to "settings" window after 10 minutes. - Similar Threads - Display switches settings

2. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  3. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  4. I set the display to turn off after one minute. After one minute the screen goes dark but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I set the display to turn off after one minute. After one minute the screen goes dark but...: I am running Windows 11 Home Edition. When I set the display to turn off after a minute the display does go dark but a second later the screen turns on again....
  5. I set the display to turn off after one minute. After one minute the screen goes dark but...

I set the display to turn off after one minute. After one minute the screen goes dark but...: I am running Windows 11 Home Edition. When I set the display to turn off after a minute the display does go dark but a second later the screen turns on again....
  6. Switch screen displays in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch screen displays in windows 10: Hi everyoneRecently I added a new screen to my PC, the first one is connected with DVI and the second one is connected with HDMI. how can I change the PC screen and second screen defaults?...
  7. Switch screen displays in windows 10

Switch screen displays in windows 10: Hi everyoneRecently I added a new screen to my PC, the first one is connected with DVI and the second one is connected with HDMI. how can I change the PC screen and second screen defaults?...
  8. Laptop Display Timesout Every Minute and Switches to Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Display Timesout Every Minute and Switches to Lock Screen: Good evening, Community:I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 14" laptop that I use for travel. I upgraded to Windows 11 Pro 3 days ago. I have 2 other computers larger laptop and desktop workstation that I also upgraded to Windows 11 Pro. All of the machines upgraded well and all...
  9. Laptop Display Timesout Every Minute and Switches to Lock Screen

Laptop Display Timesout Every Minute and Switches to Lock Screen: Good evening, Community:I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 14" laptop that I use for travel. I upgraded to Windows 11 Pro 3 days ago. I have 2 other computers larger laptop and desktop workstation that I also upgraded to Windows 11 Pro. All of the machines upgraded well and all...
  10. display sleeps after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    display sleeps after 2 minutes: All hibernation and sleep settings set to NEVER Hard disc set to 360 minutes and still my display closes after 2 minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-sleeps-after-2-minutes/d3eb9eec-7064-4cf2-a7dd-6739cb877ffd