Windows 10: Display/System Settings not opening WIN10

Discus and support Display/System Settings not opening WIN10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello MS Community! I have a problem with my Win10 settings. The settings program opens great, but when I try and open the System sub-category it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Adam L.M., Nov 6, 2020.

1. Adam L.M. Win User

Display/System Settings not opening WIN10

Hello MS Community! I have a problem with my Win10 settings. The settings program opens great, but when I try and open the System sub-category it freezes. I really need to change my screen resolution and this is bothering me. I just a few hours ago resetted my PC back to factory defaults, saving all my HDD stuff and such, the settings were working fine before.I also tryed these in the cmd

: •- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    •- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    •- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
    •- sfc /scannow

Please HELP

:)

Adam L.M., Nov 6, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Dxnceh Win User

Hello MS Community! I have a problem with my Win10 settings. The settings program opens great, but when I try and open the System sub-category it freezes. I really need to
    change my screen resolution and this is bothering me. I just a few hours ago resetted my PC back to factory defaults, saving all my HDD stuff and such, the settings were working fine before. I'm running Win10 1909 I think.

ANY HELP APPRECIATED!!!!

Dxnceh, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Display/System Settings not opening WIN10

settings not opening in win10

Hi,

To clarify your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing this issue with other application or programs aside from Settings?
    • What is "prog Init-c6e7d0.exe" and where did you get it?
    • Are you getting the error upon launching the Windows Store?
    We suggest you to run the System File Checker and DISM tool to check if there are corrupted or missing system files that are causing the issue. To do this follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type or copy each command and hit enter.

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    We look forward to your response.

Monica Cam, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Display/System Settings not opening WIN10 - Similar Threads - Display System Settings

2. Display settings won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display settings won't open: When I click on "Display" in settings, it will stay stuck on the blank white screen with the settings logo in the middle. The only thing that happened before this occurred was that I had changed the resolution on my laptop to 400x600, then I shut down my laptop. Upon turning...
  3. Display settings wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings wont open: My PC running windows 11 suddenly decided my primary monitors resolution was 1080p, despite it being 2560p and historically working with no problems. I noticed the reduced resolution and opened up my display settings by right clicking on my desktop and selecting the option....
  4. Display settings wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display settings wont open: My PC running windows 11 suddenly decided my primary monitors resolution was 1080p, despite it being 2560p and historically working with no problems. I noticed the reduced resolution and opened up my display settings by right clicking on my desktop and selecting the option....
  5. Display/System Settings not opening WIN10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display/System Settings not opening WIN10: Hello MS Community! I have a problem with my Win10 settings. The settings program opens great, but when I try and open the System sub-category it freezes. I really need to change my screen resolution and this is bothering me .Even if i try to open the dispaly settings from...
  6. Win10 fails to open display settings

Win10 fails to open display settings: when I launch display settings - the launch fails after 1 second display of the settings pop-up. This happens when I use start/system/display or when I right-click on desktop and select display settings. Anyone else have a method to get into display settings? I want to...
  7. Can't open either Display Settings or System Settings in Windows10

Can't open either Display Settings or System Settings in Windows10: I can't open the Display settings or System Settings on my laptop. Upon clicking in the button, the program seems to open but it suddenly quits. Fixes I already tried: - Reset the Setting App - Uninstall all monitor, graphic devices and reinstalled new drivers - Create...
  8. Display/System Settings not opening WIN10

Display/System Settings not opening WIN10: Hello MS Community! I have a problem with my Win10 settings. The settings program opens great, but when I try and open the System sub-category it freezes. I really need to change my screen resolution and this is bothering me. I just a few hours ago resetted my PC back to...
  9. Cannot open display settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot open display settings: Hello everyone I am having an issue on my Windows 10 machine where I cannot open displays settings, it flickers open, then crashes, I have tried a number of things to try to fix it including updating my video drivers, a lot of restarting, and a SFC scan, nothing has worked so...
  10. multi display settings win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    multi display settings win10: Hello. From few days im trying to work out how to change display numbers. External screen is always 1 and main monitor always 2 so there is issue of windows+p switching. internal is tv and external as pc monitor. tried to turn it on only with pc monitor then coming up as...