Windows 10: Display Text Not Clear

Discus and support Display Text Not Clear in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My HP Envy laptop has just undergone servicing and a Windows re-install, so I'm starting from scratch. The one thing I haven't been able to adjust is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gmosley, Nov 16, 2018.

1. gmosley Win User

Display Text Not Clear

My HP Envy laptop has just undergone servicing and a Windows re-install, so I'm starting from scratch. The one thing I haven't been able to adjust is the text displayed inside various windows; e.g. Windows Explorer. The text graphics are crude and simple and kind of ugly.
    Anybody know where the Settings control is for this?
    BTW, In "Advanced scaling settings", "Let Windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry" is enabled.
    Thanks.

:)

gmosley, Nov 16, 2018

2. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Change in Monitor Display, No longer crisp

I fixed it. Here's how I did it:

• I opened the Control Panel and selected Color Management (The Display icon does not display in the list on my control panel).
    • I clicked Profiles and selected Reset my settings to the system defaults.
    The text and displays are now clear and crisp again.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I guess this is another procedure to add to the troubleshooting list.

MikeEspinosa, Nov 16, 2018
  4. ainekav Win User

Display Text Not Clear

Display settings changed to enhance performance - crude basic text

Hi there

New to this and clueless so sorry in advance! I have a Sony Vaio laptop running windows 10, about 5 years old. It started to lag a lot so I looked up some ways to enhance performance. Read a few articles online and followed a few steps to speed up my laptop. I cleared out a lot of unnecessary programs and changed some display settings. This all resulted in better performance, but the text on my screen to be reset to crude, basic text. (screenshot attached) I now have a suspicion that this is bad for my eyes and I'm about to start an online course, so I want to change the settings back. Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly what I did.
    Here's what my screen looks like

Display Text Not Clear [​IMG]

I know that I definitely unchecked this: Automatically manage paging file size for all drives
    (read it in an article and followed the steps exactly) and manually calculated paging file size for all drives. Would this have anything to do with my text problem?

Any suggestions of what happened and how to fix it would be great.
    I'm also wondering if I change the settings back, if my laptop will return to it's previous slow speed, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

ainekav, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Display Text Not Clear

1. Display Text Not Clear - Similar Threads - Display Text Clear

2. Clear Type Text Tuner!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clear Type Text Tuner!: Hi again, if I use this app, and set it to my liking, it doesn't seem to hold the settings! When I say doesn't seem to hold it, I mean the highlighted boxes have changed when I use it again!!I run as an Administrator!Is that normal?Maybe it just reverts to default!Brian...
  3. Clear Type Text Tuner!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clear Type Text Tuner!: Hi again, if I use this app, and set it to my liking, it doesn't seem to hold the settings! When I say doesn't seem to hold it, I mean the highlighted boxes have changed when I use it again!!I run as an Administrator!Is that normal?Maybe it just reverts to default!Brian...
  4. Clear Type Text Tuner!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Sometimes bitlocker input screen displays password in clear text instead of *

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes bitlocker input screen displays password in clear text instead of *: On our hp windows 10 notebook, sometimes the password input screen for bitlocker shows actual text typed instead of hiding it with asterisk How can we fix it?...
  6. Sometimes bitlocker input screen displays password in clear text instead of *

Sometimes bitlocker input screen displays password in clear text instead of *: On our hp windows 10 notebook, sometimes the password input screen for bitlocker shows actual text typed instead of hiding it with asterisk How can we fix it?...
  7. Sometimes bitlocker input screen displays password in clear text instead of *

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Odd Text Display

Odd Text Display: Hi All, Having a bit of an odd issue which I'm also struggling to explain. This has limited my abilities to search for answers.This is a program that installs AI traffic for ESP Flight Simulators. It is not the only place where this is happening but it is the most obvious and...
  9. Some text not displayed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some text not displayed: Hello, I have some very disturbing issue recently. Some text is not displayed on the screen. This seems to happen randomly, in many applications, dialog windows, context menus etc. Please help....
  10. Displays no text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Displays no text: hello, I had a malicious software infecting my computer so I reset my pc, deleting all my personal files and programs. however after resetting, i didn't connect my computer to internet but when i checked local disk C, there was an update on it : $Windows. ~bt. I didnt think...