Windows 10: Display Text Size Changes On Bootup

Discus and support Display Text Size Changes On Bootup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since updating to v.1903, the system has twice changed the display text size upon bootup. Screen resolution is set at 1280x960 with a 125% text size.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jamis, Feb 5, 2020.

1. jamis Win User

Display Text Size Changes On Bootup

Since updating to v.1903, the system has twice changed the display text size upon bootup. Screen resolution is set at 1280x960 with a 125% text size. This has been the settings since W10 was installed. It appears that the text size reverts to 100% and the desktop icons shrink and move to the left of the screen, but still in the same arrangement. A restart has corrected the issue both times, but I don't know what could cause this. No driver changes since v.1903 install. I did install a new Nvidia drilver prior to v.1903. I suspect a timing situation between various programs during bootup, but wonder if it is something else. I searched this site but didn't get any hits with the keywords I used. If this is in the wrong forum, apologies, and please move it accordingly. Any Ideas?

:)

jamis, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Size of TEXT on the Desktops. NOT size of icons) but size of TEXT TEXT TEXT

Hi,

Please follow below steps to change the size of text:

• In the search bar, look for Display settings, then click it.
    • A pop up will appear showing the Display settings.
    • Click on the scale to change the size of text, apps and other items.
    Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Icon & text size

To resolve your concern, we’d recommend that you follow the steps provided on how to change the font size. Here’s how to do it:

• Right-click on desktop and select Display settings.
    • Scroll down and click Advanced display settings.
    • Scroll down and click Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • Under Change only the text size. Select the item you want to change in the drop-down list and choose the text size.
    • Click on Apply.
    Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Feb 5, 2020
  4. layman Win User

How do I change the font size of the text displayed

I have not tweaked anything but find that the font size of the text displayed (say of TenForums) has reduced. I have tried Settings-> Display. It has only two options : Default (100%) & 150%. If I set it to 150%, everything including Desktop & Taskbar are affected. I tried changing the font size in Control Panel -> Display -> Change only Text Size ->Message Boxes, but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

layman, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Display Text Size Changes On Bootup - Similar Threads - Display Text Size

2. changing the display size

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing the display size: At one point in time, before MS decided to do thing backwards, I was very easily able to find how to change my screen size. Now with the unorganized and just a mess of settings between having settings and control panel and numerous options located in numerous locations for...
  3. how to change text size

how to change text size: I would like to change the text size. how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-text-size/780a199e-748a-459a-873d-73638cc9a753
  4. Text size changes in display

Text size changes in display: I’ve gone through several pages and haven’t seen my issue of text size described. I wrote an explanation of the issues on the attached screen capture. In my old windows 7 OS when I set the text size to 12 they stayed at the size I set. With windows 10 after setting the size...
  5. How do I change the font size of the text displayed

How do I change the font size of the text displayed: I have not tweaked anything but find that the font size of the text displayed (say of TenForums) has reduced. I have tried Settings-> Display. It has only two options : Default (100%) & 150%. If I set it to 150%, everything including Desktop & Taskbar are affected. I tried...
  6. Change the size of text causes logout

Change the size of text causes logout: Under Display settings and Customize Your Display, there is an option called "Change the size of text, apps and other" When I change this, it wants me to logout. I generally want to change the size of text to get a better view/perspective on the app that I'm running. But,...
  7. Changing display size

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Changing display size: I have a PC running the latest (17th February, 2018) Windows 10. It uses my TV set as a monitor. The display is slightly too large for the screen area so I can't see the edges. In the past, it has been possible to make small adjustments to the Windows 10 display so that the...
  8. changing Windows Explorer text size

in Windows 10 Support
    changing Windows Explorer text size: Hi, I have a new 43'' screen. I don't to keep the "size of text, apps and other items" to 100%, because some apps don't show a great quality when set to 125% and higher. How can I only change the size of Windows Explorer text ? Thanks, Patrick 104473
  9. text not displaying properly, can`t change size either, fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    text not displaying properly, can`t change size either, fonts: Hi, New to Windows 10 and was fooling around with fonts (no ``save button`é - that`s supposed to be a question mark, not a French accent, maybe part of problem) - now all text (in programs and in browser¨) looks like a printer running out of ink. Have played with ClearText...
  10. Change Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17692, the ability to increase text size across the system is back and better than ever. You can use a new setting called Make everything bigger with a slider...