Windows 10: Display Text Size Changes On Bootup

Discus and support Display Text Size Changes On Bootup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since updating to v.1903, the system has twice changed the display text size upon bootup. Screen resolution is set at 1280x960 with a 125% text size.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jamis, Feb 5, 2020.

1. jamis Win User

Display Text Size Changes On Bootup

Since updating to v.1903, the system has twice changed the display text size upon bootup. Screen resolution is set at 1280x960 with a 125% text size. This has been the settings since W10 was installed. It appears that the text size reverts to 100% and the desktop icons shrink and move to the left of the screen, but still in the same arrangement. A restart has corrected the issue both times, but I don't know what could cause this. No driver changes since v.1903 install. I did install a new Nvidia drilver prior to v.1903. I suspect a timing situation between various programs during bootup, but wonder if it is something else. I searched this site but didn't get any hits with the keywords I used. If this is in the wrong forum, apologies, and please move it accordingly. Any Ideas?

:)

jamis, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Size of TEXT on the Desktops. NOT size of icons) but size of TEXT TEXT TEXT

Hi,

Please follow below steps to change the size of text:

• In the search bar, look for Display settings, then click it.
    • A pop up will appear showing the Display settings.
    • Click on the scale to change the size of text, apps and other items.
    Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Icon & text size

To resolve your concern, we’d recommend that you follow the steps provided on how to change the font size. Here’s how to do it:

• Right-click on desktop and select Display settings.
    • Scroll down and click Advanced display settings.
    • Scroll down and click Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • Under Change only the text size. Select the item you want to change in the drop-down list and choose the text size.
    • Click on Apply.
    Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Feb 5, 2020
  4. layman Win User

How do I change the font size of the text displayed

I have not tweaked anything but find that the font size of the text displayed (say of TenForums) has reduced. I have tried Settings-> Display. It has only two options : Default (100%) & 150%. If I set it to 150%, everything including Desktop & Taskbar are affected. I tried changing the font size in Control Panel -> Display -> Change only Text Size ->Message Boxes, but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

layman, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Display Text Size Changes On Bootup - Similar Threads - Display Text Size

2. Change font text sizes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change font text sizes: Why can't I change individual font sizes in windows and apps? I don't want to change them by the accessibility slider because I want some of them smaller and some of them bigger.Is there any way to bypass this STUPID change? And why does Microsoft change things that aren't...
  3. Display text and sizing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display text and sizing: What is the difference between these options?Make Text Bigger with the sliding scareMake Everything bigger – Change the size of apps and text on the main displayScale and Layout – Custom Scaling...
  4. Display text and sizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display text and sizing: What is the difference between these options?Make Text Bigger with the sliding scareMake Everything bigger – Change the size of apps and text on the main displayScale and Layout – Custom Scaling...
  5. Display text and sizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unable to change text size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change text size: Hi Today I changed my text size in Win11 but then I did not like it so I decided to revert back to my old text size but when I try to move the slider it does not move and my screen starts to change into a night light sort of color...
  7. Taskbar size changes at every bootup, why?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar size changes at every bootup, why?: Every time I turn off or restart my W10 P laptop, the taskbar changes from 3 layers back to one. Locking the taskbar does not keep the size I want either. Why does it do this? Thanks. 174755
  8. how to change text size

how to change text size: I would like to change the text size. how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-text-size/780a199e-748a-459a-873d-73638cc9a753
  9. Text size changes in display

Text size changes in display: I’ve gone through several pages and haven’t seen my issue of text size described. I wrote an explanation of the issues on the attached screen capture. In my old windows 7 OS when I set the text size to 12 they stayed at the size I set. With windows 10 after setting the size...
  10. How do I change the font size of the text displayed

How do I change the font size of the text displayed: I have not tweaked anything but find that the font size of the text displayed (say of TenForums) has reduced. I have tried Settings-> Display. It has only two options : Default (100%) & 150%. If I set it to 150%, everything including Desktop & Taskbar are affected. I tried...