Windows 10: display the exact typing of SFC and DISM commands to use in Command Prompt

Discus and support display the exact typing of SFC and DISM commands to use in Command Prompt in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; MS online support assistants often show different ways to type the commands into Command Prompt: File Checking, SFC and DISM.exe 'Scan, Cleanup,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by klaro 1590, Jun 23, 2022.

1. display the exact typing of SFC and DISM commands to use in Command Prompt

MS online support assistants often show different ways to type the commands into Command Prompt: File Checking, SFC and DISM.exe 'Scan, Cleanup, Restore, etc. from Support Microsoft online assistants. Where online, can I see the correct way to type these commands?

:)

klaro 1590, Jun 23, 2022

2. Unable to open Notepad using Command Prompt commands

Hi Anshu,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you are facing the issue to execute only the notepad.exe command in command prompt or also with other command lines.

The issue might be caused due to corrupted System Files. I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check.

Method 1: Run SFC (System File Checker) scan.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      command prompt(admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter.
    • After the scan is complete, type “exit” and press Enter.

For more information about SFC scan, click on the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Method 2: Run the DISM Tool.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      command prompt(admin).
    • Type the following commands in command prompt one by one and press Enter after each command.
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 23, 2022
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jun 23, 2022
  4. display the exact typing of SFC and DISM commands to use in Command Prompt

Command prompt crashes when trying to run dism

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    sfc /scannow

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

display the exact typing of SFC and DISM commands to use in Command Prompt

1. display the exact typing of SFC and DISM commands to use in Command Prompt - Similar Threads - display exact typing

2. Command Prompt or PowerShell Syntax to DISM Fix Drive C: But Using a the Command Prompt of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt or PowerShell Syntax to DISM Fix Drive C: But Using a the Command Prompt of...: Hi Windows 11 friends.I have no more external USB or Flashdrive to create a USB Windows 11 build 22H2 Installer to fix the drive C: Windows 11 build 22H2 nor can use its DISM or SFC Checkdisk runs fine but it's not powrful enough to fix it on its own Command Prompt among...
  3. Command Prompt or PowerShell Syntax to DISM Fix Drive C: But Using a the Command Prompt of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt or PowerShell Syntax to DISM Fix Drive C: But Using a the Command Prompt of...: Hi Windows 11 friends.I have no more external USB or Flashdrive to create a USB Windows 11 build 22H2 Installer to fix the drive C: Windows 11 build 22H2 nor can use its DISM or SFC Checkdisk runs fine but it's not powrful enough to fix it on its own Command Prompt among...
  4. display the exact typing of SFC and DISM commands to use in Command Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    display the exact typing of SFC and DISM commands to use in Command Prompt: MS online support assistants often show different ways to type the commands into Command Prompt: File Checking, SFC and DISM.exe 'Scan, Cleanup, Restore, etc. from Support Microsoft online assistants. Where online, can I see the correct way to type these commands?...
  5. display the exact typing of SFC and DISM commands to use in Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display the exact typing of SFC and DISM commands to use in Command Prompt: MS online support assistants often show different ways to type the commands into Command Prompt: File Checking, SFC and DISM.exe 'Scan, Cleanup, Restore, etc. from Support Microsoft online assistants. Where online, can I see the correct way to type these commands?...
  6. DISM/SFC-Scannow Command Prompt Tool not creating 'SFC Detail file..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM/SFC-Scannow Command Prompt Tool not creating 'SFC Detail file..: Hello, I have utilised the 'Image Health' tool in one of our helpful members signature...It works great, however after syncing files with One Drive, the Command Prompt batch file works correctly except I'm getting this: [img] [img] The system cannot find the path...
  7. DISM/SFC-Scannow Command Prompt Tool not creating 'SFC Detail file..

in Windows 10 Support
    DISM/SFC-Scannow Command Prompt Tool not creating 'SFC Detail file..: Hello, I have utilised the 'Image Health' tool in one of our helpful members signature...It works great, however after syncing files with One Drive, the Command Prompt batch file works correctly except I'm getting this: [img] [img] The system cannot find the path...
  8. Mounting a windows 10 Wim file using DISM command in command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mounting a windows 10 Wim file using DISM command in command prompt: Hii, I am facing error while mounting windows 10 Wim file using DISM. The error i am getting is Error:5 Access is denied The DISM log file can be found at C:\windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log I have attached the screen shot of the command prompt. Kindly provide any...
  9. what icacls command gives administrative privileges in command prompt to use with DISM?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what icacls command gives administrative privileges in command prompt to use with DISM?: I was using System restore with windows 10 when it crashed, all I can access now is the blue screens with the last one giving me the option of Advanced and on that Command Prompt. I cannot get anything else to work at all and its looking bleak. I have seen that the icacls...
  10. Running the SFC and DISM commands

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running the SFC and DISM commands: The picture below shows how I run the sfc & dism cmds --- sfc should be run before & after the dism cmd --- [IMG] It works for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/running-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/3d325608-c97d-401a-8cbf-9d0a7f499bcb