Windows 10: "Display Thumbnail Icons" not working on Desktop

Discus and support "Display Thumbnail Icons" not working on Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having this "Display File Icon on Thumbnail" minor problem where Desktop prevents applying this rule on my files (works only when inside... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by andrenahas1996, Apr 12, 2019.

1. "Display Thumbnail Icons" not working on Desktop

Hi, I've been having this "Display File Icon on Thumbnail" minor problem where Desktop prevents applying this rule on my files (works only when inside a folder), here is an example:

"Display Thumbnail Icons" not working on Desktop [​IMG]

"Display Thumbnail Icons" not working on Desktop [​IMG]

Can this be solved somehow?

:)

andrenahas1996, Apr 12, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Pictures do not display thumbnails but icons

Hi Laura,

As per the above added info, I suggest that you follow the steps below and check.

1. Open the location where you images or saved.

2. Here click on the View Tab and then on the Option drop down.

3. Here click on the Change folder and search options.

4. Here under View tab, check the box Display file icon on thumbnails
    and uncheck Always show icons, not thumbnails.

5. Click on Apply and OK.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 12, 2019
  4. "Display Thumbnail Icons" not working on Desktop

Pictures do not display thumbnails but icons

Hi Laura,

As per the description, I suggest that you follow the steps below and check.

1. Open the location where you images or saved.

2. Here click on the View Tab and then on the Option drop down.

3. Here click on the Change folder and search options.

4. Here under View tab, uncheck the boxes Always show icons, not thumbnails, and
    Display file icon on thumbnails.

5. Click on Apply and OK.

6. Reboot the system and check.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

"Display Thumbnail Icons" not working on Desktop

1. "Display Thumbnail Icons" not working on Desktop - Similar Threads - Display Thumbnail Icons

2. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail: As you can see in the attached image the icons of my recently opened apps is appearing plane instead of showing the specific app icon image/thumbnail.Can anyone tell me how to fix this?...
  3. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail: As you can see in the attached image the icons of my recently opened apps is appearing plane instead of showing the specific app icon image/thumbnail.Can anyone tell me how to fix this?...
  4. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. desktop icons change to picture thumbnail .

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons change to picture thumbnail .: I have tried everything i know how to, but unable to change desktop icon to picture thumbnail. Need help. Is there a software to download to help?...
  6. Flashing Thumbnails and Desktop Icons 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flashing Thumbnails and Desktop Icons 2019: I have this problem when I navigate with Windows Explorer into certain Folders. Desktop Icons flash between outline and picture. File Thumbnails flash between outlines and Thumbnails. Green bar never finishes. Computer is almost unusable and Windows Explorer has to be...
  7. Thumbnails and task bar icons not displaying

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails and task bar icons not displaying: Since the last Windows 10 update my thumbnails do not display. Some flash on when a folder is opened but then revert to an icon. I've already tried clearing cache and trying different programs to open the files. Also the folders containing thumbnails are now slow to open....
  8. Thumbnail Icons will not display large/extralarge

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnail Icons will not display large/extralarge: Hello everyone I've been searching the internet and after finding no results on this question I made this post. I have a lot of video files stored, but when I go into the view tab on file explore and click display icons as large or extra large only some will display at...
  9. Thumbnails not displaying: Unchecked 'show icons'/checked 'thumbnails'

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not displaying: Unchecked 'show icons'/checked 'thumbnails': Hi, I have unchecked the option to 'show icons instead of thumbnails' (view>options>folder options) and I have checked 'show icons' (performance>advanced) but still I get icons instead of thumbnails. I have closed and restarted file explorer multiple times to no change. I...
  10. Thumbnails, desktop icons, taskbar icons gone, Properties doesnt work

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails, desktop icons, taskbar icons gone, Properties doesnt work: All of a sudden the following symptoms (all at the same time):: 1. Taskbar icons gone (replaced by a neutral identical icon) except Edge and Store 2. In File Explorer, no longer thumbnails, no icons either, simply blank, but names show 3. All desktop icons gone; but their...