Windows 10: Display timing out

Discus and support Display timing out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Display keeps timing out before I can connect my Laptop to my PC. Anyone know how to fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by deborah4905, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Display timing out

My Display keeps timing out before I can connect my Laptop to my PC. Anyone know how to fix this?

:)

deborah4905, Jun 26, 2019

2. Display

Hi,

To increase the display timeout, I suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Select Desktop and click Personalization.
    • Select Lock Screen, then Click on Screen time out settings.
    • Change the required time in the drop down under Screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Jun 26, 2019
  3. SiSig_ Win User
    Clock displays wrong time

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings of time and time zone:

• Press “Windows+X” and click on “control panel”.
    • On the left hand side click on “clock, language and region”.
    • Click on “change time zone”.
    • And then click on the tab “internet time” and click on “change settings”.
    • Check the box “synchronize with an internet time server” and also select the option “time.windows.com” from the drop down and click on “ok” and check if the issue persists.

SiSig_, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Display timing out

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Display timing out

1. Display timing out - Similar Threads - Display timing

2. PC booting Several Times, Then no Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC booting Several Times, Then no Display: When I tried to turn on my pc, It tried to boot a few times. I could hear the fan turn on and then turn off and then turn on again. The whole time, I did not get any display. Even after the fan turns on and does not turn off I still don't get any display. My monitor...
  3. PC booting Several Times, Then no Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC booting Several Times, Then no Display: When I tried to turn on my pc, It tried to boot a few times. I could hear the fan turn on and then turn off and then turn on again. The whole time, I did not get any display. Even after the fan turns on and does not turn off I still don't get any display. My monitor...
  4. PC booting Several Times, Then no Display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do you create a system banner that will display at all times? I need to create one...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you create a system banner that will display at all times? I need to create one...: How do you create a system banner that will display at all times? I need to create one that is purple with "CUI" inside it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-create-a-system-banner-that-will/f92d714b-2ede-4d55-a2c9-e94fe35ea768
  6. How do you create a system banner that will display at all times? I need to create one...

How do you create a system banner that will display at all times? I need to create one...: How do you create a system banner that will display at all times? I need to create one that is purple with "CUI" inside it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-create-a-system-banner-that-will/f92d714b-2ede-4d55-a2c9-e94fe35ea768
  7. How Do You Not Display/Disable the Time on the Sign-In?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do You Not Display/Disable the Time on the Sign-In?: Hi Windows friends, the Windows is password protected, it has a sign-in or login-in page and the time is displayed, how can the time not be displayed on sign-in or login-in page?In the Settings, in the 'Personalize Sign-in', there's show Xbox, Calendar and other, I've set it...
  8. How Do You Not Display/Disable the Time on the Sign-In?

How Do You Not Display/Disable the Time on the Sign-In?: Hi Windows friends, the Windows is password protected, it has a sign-in or login-in page and the time is displayed, how can the time not be displayed on sign-in or login-in page?In the Settings, in the 'Personalize Sign-in', there's show Xbox, Calendar and other, I've set it...
  9. every time i click on "open with live server" to display my content of html in vs code i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    every time i click on "open with live server" to display my content of html in vs code i...: every time i click on "open with live server" to display my content of html in vs code i get a pop up message that "window is not responding". how to fix this issue ?...
  10. every time i click on "open with live server" to display my content of html in vs code i...

every time i click on "open with live server" to display my content of html in vs code i...: every time i click on "open with live server" to display my content of html in vs code i get a pop up message that "window is not responding". how to fix this issue ?...