Windows 10: Display to standby via SendMessage, 0x112, 0xF170, 2,, Program Manager

Discus and support Display to standby via SendMessage, 0x112, 0xF170, 2,, Program Manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Apparently to can put a display in stand by with the script 'SendMessage, 0x112, 0xF170, 2,, Program Manager'. I have a system with multiple displays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by THX1138, Jan 20, 2018.

1. THX1138 Win User

Display to standby via SendMessage, 0x112, 0xF170, 2,, Program Manager

Apparently to can put a display in stand by with the script 'SendMessage, 0x112, 0xF170, 2,, Program Manager'. I have a system with multiple displays and I'd like to be able to set up keyboard shortcuts to put them to sleep individually. Is it possible to modify the code 'SendMessage, 0x112, 0xF170, 2,, Program Manager' so that it refers to specific displays? I don't know what either 0x112 nor 0xF170 means but maybe they can be changed to point to specific displays?

:)

THX1138, Jan 20, 2018
  2. fman---01 Win User

Closed Applications in N81 still appears in the Open Apps List

To exit music player do not press C, you have to select options then scroll to exit. The standby icon displayed is not the standby application, but merely the phone in standby, i.e. no programs running.

fman---01, Jan 20, 2018
  3. E50: Cell Info Display intermittant

to display the cell info permanently , unfortunately you have to turn OFF the active standby screen via tools > setting > active standby OFF only then will cell info stay on permanently

cell_master, Jan 20, 2018
  4. Display to standby via SendMessage, 0x112, 0xF170, 2,, Program Manager

PolarNettles, Jan 20, 2018
  5. THX1138 Win User
    Thanks!

I'd like to be able to use keyboard shortcuts to sleep and wake individual monitors. Alternatively keyboard shortcuts to toggle "extend desktop to this display" and "disable this display" in Display settings for specific monitors would also be okay.

I've found some apps and Autohotkey scripts to do this sort of thing but they cause windows to forget the relative display positions which then take a long time to put back in position.

THX1138, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Display to standby via SendMessage, 0x112, 0xF170, 2,, Program Manager

1. Display to standby via SendMessage, 0x112, 0xF170, 2,, Program Manager - Similar Threads - Display standby via

2. My display/monitor randomly goes into standby.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My display/monitor randomly goes into standby.: Hi, I'm getting very annoyed with this problem. I can be in the middle of work, video editing, gaming, or the PC can be idle and this will happen. There doesn't seem to be any pattern.My display/monitor began to randomly switch into standby quite a while ago now. Sometimes,...
  3. My display/monitor randomly goes into standby.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My display/monitor randomly goes into standby.: Hi, I'm getting very annoyed with this problem. I can be in the middle of work, video editing, gaming, or the PC can be idle and this will happen. There doesn't seem to be any pattern.My display/monitor began to randomly switch into standby quite a while ago now. Sometimes,...
  4. My display/monitor randomly goes into standby.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Program Running in Task Manager But Not Displaying or on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Running in Task Manager But Not Displaying or on Taskbar: Hi,I'm trying to run an application on a new Windows 11 machine with x64 architecture, but when I run it, it fails to display on the taskbar or the screen even though it is running according to Task Manager. When starting the application, it prompts me for access to make...
  6. Program Running in Task Manager But Not Displaying or on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Running in Task Manager But Not Displaying or on Taskbar: Hi,I'm trying to run an application on a new Windows 11 machine with x64 architecture, but when I run it, it fails to display on the taskbar or the screen even though it is running according to Task Manager. When starting the application, it prompts me for access to make...
  7. No Power Management tab on device manager with Modern Standby system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Power Management tab on device manager with Modern Standby system: Hi, I change my laptop BIOS setting to support Modern Standby but I just found I can't find "Power Management" tab from Device Manager on Wireless and Bluetooth device. Is it normal behavior for Modern Standby? Because I can find "Power Management" tab when I disable Modern...
  8. 2 missing drivers displayed on my device manager.

2 missing drivers displayed on my device manager.: So, I did a clean install of Windows 10, around 3/2 days ago; and I installed all the drivers with a PRO version of Driver Easy and Avast Driver Updater. Now, the computer I own came with Windows 8 and when I installed those drivers there were no sign of any missing drivers...
  9. Programs change default screen when in standby.

Programs change default screen when in standby.: Hi ! I'm running on Windows 10 and my graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce GTX 660. I've got three screens: Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor (connected on DisplayPort) LG FLATRON W1934S (connected on DVI) Wacom tablet (connected on HDMI) Screen 2 and 3 are set to extend the...
  10. Windows not displaying text in certain programs and task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not displaying text in certain programs and task manager: I'm on prerelease build 18272; the below happens sporadically. The issue often kicks off when I try to open excel. When this happens, when using the open / save as dialog, the icons have no text. Some desktop icons are missing text, and as you can see, the text is missing...