Windows 10: Display turning off or going dim after being Idle

Discus and support Display turning off or going dim after being Idle in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This has just recently started happening and i've noticed it only happens if i'm idle while playing games. I have my laptop set to never sleep or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Immunity, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Immunity Win User

Display turning off or going dim after being Idle

This has just recently started happening and i've noticed it only happens if i'm idle while playing games. I have my laptop set to never sleep or hibernate. I have screen saver off. The display doesn't always just go to a black screen sometimes it'll just dim until I move the mouse, other times the screen goes black until I move the mouse. Windows 10 version 1903.

:)

Immunity, Oct 18, 2019
  2. Joan Pin Win User

display dimming

Hi,

There's a possibility that this issue is due to the Display settings of your device. For us to isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Is it only happening when you connect your device to Windows 10?
    • If it's not connected, have you noticed certain activities wherein the screen dims automatically?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Joan Pin, Oct 18, 2019
  3. jorog(2) Win User
    Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Oct 18, 2019
  4. Display turning off or going dim after being Idle

Screen Display Dim

Since I updated to the new windows 10 version, my display is quite dim. I go into settings to adjust it and it will not let me. The brightness is at full and the screen is at about 20%.

Suggestions to fix?

Jason (live.com#azpd3189), Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

Display turning off or going dim after being Idle

1. Display turning off or going dim after being Idle - Similar Threads - Display turning off

2. Laptop Keeps Turning off after going to Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Keeps Turning off after going to Sleep: Hey everyone recently my Acer Laptop has been shutting down after I allow it to sleep for too long. As in if close the lid of my laptop, it goes to sleep like usual. But if I don't wake or use it for like 30 minutes it just turns off rather than stay in sleep. Two changes I...
  3. Go straight to Desktop after Display turns off

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Go straight to Desktop after Display turns off: I've had a search but can't find what I'm after. I have my laptop set to turn off the screen after 10 mins. I don't have a Microsoft account which I have to sign into on each start. On my previous 8.1 laptop after the screen had turned off, I could move my mouse and it...
  4. windows hangs after being idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows hangs after being idle: I have created a post before but no help when pc is left idle for a while like 30 minutes then I move cursor it hangs for a while please help in power options hard disk is already set to 0 minutes...
  5. turn off display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn off display: Hi, I have a screen and a tv plugged in my GC. When the TV is off, I would like the corresponding display to be turned off si my mouse don't get lost on a second screen that is not turned on. Normally I would go in the display setting page and turn it off from the...
  6. Dimming screen to turn off blue light spectrum

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dimming screen to turn off blue light spectrum: Is there a way to dim the screen and apply a red tinted filter that turns off most of the blue light spectrum? I work on computer at night and this interferes with melatonin production and prevents sleep. Katie...
  7. Display turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display turns off: My display always turns off after 5 minutes of whatever game I played. My screen shows that it is sleeping, but I can't turn it on, forcing me to restart. I have set my monitor and computer to sleep after 2 hours. Is my computer over-heating, or can I fix this in my...
  8. Window 10 brightness/dimming cant turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 brightness/dimming cant turn off: This has been the bane of many a user. I found a solution that worked with my Alienware Laptop, but I don't claim it to be a universal fix. There is a dimming feature linked to the camera. It is designed to dim the screen to off when you walk away from the computer as a...
  9. Computer turns off display/goes to sleep when idle for a short time

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer turns off display/goes to sleep when idle for a short time: Greetings, and thank you for reading this thread. As the title states, my computer will turn off the display or go to sleep (not sure of correct terminology) when I go idle for a short period of time. For instance, I get up to get a glass of water and when I come back,...
  10. Turn Off Hard Disk After Idle in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn Off Hard Disk After Idle in Windows 10: How to: Turn Off Hard Disk After Idle in Windows 10 How to Turn Off Hard Disk After Idle in Windows 10 The NVMe. Having your HDDs automatically turned off after being idle can help save energy and extend a PC's battery life. When you or anything tries to access a...