Windows 10: Display turning on immediately after turn off timer in power settings.

Discus and support Display turning on immediately after turn off timer in power settings. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever the timer goes off, the monitors turn black, but immediately power back on as if something is constantly waking them up. My desktop has had a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Yatsumura, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Yatsumura Win User

Display turning on immediately after turn off timer in power settings.

Whenever the timer goes off, the monitors turn black, but immediately power back on as if something is constantly waking them up.
    My desktop has had a similar issue before of the monitor never turning off, but that turned out to be a controller being plugged in issue for some reason but that issue was resolved by unplugging my controller when its not in use. This time the problem seems much more difficult to route.

I've tried many methods regarding sleep issues on windows 10, such as:

• Disabling fast startup
    • Windows is up to date
    • Adjusting my display and sleep mode timers
    • Checking for power requests using CMD nothing is requesting power
    • Checking last wake event empty, as my computer is not going to sleep, merely turning off the display
    • Ran the windows power troubleshooter
    • Toggle USB selective suspend
    • Using the Turn Off Monitor tool still results in the same issue, the monitor turns off and instantly back on.

However my issue is not a sleep issue. My PC goes to sleep perfectly fine, and the monitors turn off then, but not when the display timer goes off.

In safe mode, the displays are properly staying off. I have clean reinstalled my graphics driver to the latest update GTX1060 ver. 451.67, deleted and reinstalled my dell monitor display manager, and double checked my peripherals to make sure no button is being pressed and the mouse is not affecting the wake up.

After scouring google and some hair-pulling, I've exhausted the options I could find. Please let me know if there's anything else you can think of that can solve this issue!

:)

Yatsumura, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Damun Win User

Display set to turn off but turns on again immediately.

2 months ago i bought a new PC with windows 10. Everything runs perfectly, except this annoying thing:

I have display turn-off set to 15 minutes. So after 15 minutes of inactivity the display turns off, but then turns on immediately again. After an additional 15 minutes the display turns off and stays off (and eventually the PC goes into sleep after 30 minutes). It only does this the first time after a reboot/wake up from sleep. It does it irrespective of open programs/apps.

Is there a way to find out what is triggering the display to turn on?

Edit: It's most likely not the mouse nor keyboard as these were used on my previous PC (WIN 7) without this problem.

Damun, Aug 10, 2020
  3. turn off timer on simple solitaire

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the Solitaire timer.

Please follow the below mentioned steps in order to turn off the timer:

• Run the game, and go to the top left corner, and click on the
      game option/symbol [].
    • Click on the settings, and search for the timer option.
    • Select the timer option from on to
      off

I suggest you to refer the link on Timing in Microsoft Solitaire Collection in Windows 10 replied by DrPepper23 replied on August 14, 2015 and check if it helps.

Timing in Microsoft Solitaire Collection in Windows 10

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with the Solitaire timer. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Aug 10, 2020
  4. jorog(2) Win User

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Display turning on immediately after turn off timer in power settings. - Similar Threads - Display turning immediately

2. Laptop turns off immediately after turn on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop turns off immediately after turn on: helloi was resetting my laptop,suddenly it started a loop for selecting "operating system",after some time i dosent boot and when i turn it on it just **** down and open again.pls tell what should i do for thisthanks!...
  3. Laptop turns off immediately after turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turns off immediately after turn on: helloi was resetting my laptop,suddenly it started a loop for selecting "operating system",after some time i dosent boot and when i turn it on it just **** down and open again.pls tell what should i do for thisthanks!...
  4. Laptop turns off immediately after turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Power setting turns display off as set but then it turns right back on

in Windows 10 Support
    Power setting turns display off as set but then it turns right back on: Windows 10 version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.1110) I have a Dell Inspiron 7700 All-in-One computer. I have the power setting set to turn off display in 10 minutes and the put the computer to sleep set to never. After 10 minutes of no activity the screen turns off but then turns...
  6. My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...: For clarification, I have my display to turn off after ten minutes of inactivity and usually, the monitor would go off and stay off until the mouse was moved or a key pressed. Recently I've noticed that after the ten minutes elapses, the monitor goes to turn off and then...
  7. Display set to turn off but turns on again immediately.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display set to turn off but turns on again immediately.: 2 months ago i bought a new PC with windows 10. Everything runs perfectly, except this annoying thing: I have display turn-off set to 15 minutes. So after 15 minutes of inactivity the display turns off, but then turns on immediately again. After an additional 15 minutes the...
  8. Display set to turn off but turns on again immediately.

in Windows 10 Support
    Display set to turn off but turns on again immediately.: 2 months ago i bought a new PC with windows 10. Everything runs perfectly, except this annoying thing: I have display turn-off set to 15 minutes. So after 15 minutes of inactivity the display turns off, but then turns on immediately again. After an additional 15 minutes the...
  9. Display turns off at timer for power save, but then turns back on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display turns off at timer for power save, but then turns back on: Hi I have set power saving for display to go to sleep after 3 minutes of inactivity when plugged in. And after 3 minutes, display powers off. But then shortly after that it turns back on. And then later off again. I have newer timed this intervals for turning on and second...
  10. Screens turning back on immediately after turn off timer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screens turning back on immediately after turn off timer: My screens keep turning back on immediately after the "When plugged in, turn off after X" time is reached. The screens fade to black and seem to be going to sleep like usual, but turn back on immediately. This problem just started happening and the feature worked fine before....