Windows 10: Display Turns Off After Playing Video - Help

Discus and support Display Turns Off After Playing Video - Help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys. I'm using firefox latest version 64 bit. I've never had this problem before but everytime I play a video the display turns off after 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Apr 24, 2020.

1. yahanna Win User

Display Turns Off After Playing Video - Help

Hi guys. I'm using firefox latest version 64 bit. I've never had this problem before but everytime I play a video the display turns off after 2 minutes. The 2 minutes is the time I assigned for the display to turn off in power settings which was set a long time ago. Like I said, this has never happened before today. Btw, I set it to turn off the display to 'never' and the same ting happens. How do I fix this?

:)

yahanna, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Online video doesn't display

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to use Microsoft Edge browser to play online videos.

If you still face issues, I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge browser and click on the
      Hub icon
      (three horizontal lines at top bar) and then click on
      Settings.
    • Now, click on View advanced settings.
    • Make sure you turn ON the option that says "Use Adobe Flash Player" and check with the issue.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Nafine Win User
    Troubleshooting help: YouTube videos won't play on Windows 10 PC

I just got a new Windows 10 PC & I'm finding that it won't play YouTube videos. Specifically YouTube. In the video area the loading indicator circles indefinitely and I see this message...

Additional info & steps I've tried...

• Netflix plays flawlessly
    • Other Macs, PCs, iOS & Android devices on the same network play YouTube videos no problem
    • I restarted the machine
    • Restarted the cable modem
    • The machine can do other Internet stuff fine -- browse websites, email, etc.
    • I cleared the browser cache & browsing data
    • I tried a different browser (I tried Chrome & MS Edge)
    • I looked under "Windows Defender Security Center > App & browser control" but I don't see anything there about blocking videos.
    • Turned off ad blocker
    • Tried connecting via Ethernet and wi-fi
    • No peripherals connected to the machine

System info

Gigabyte Aero 15x
    Windows 10 Pro

Version 1803

Installed on 8/14/2018

OS build 17134.228

Any help, advice, or further troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nafine, Apr 24, 2020
  4. ZacharyF Win User

Videos not playing

Hi,

I am also having an issue with my videos not playing on any browser for windows 10. So I followed the steps that you listed for the video option but there is
    no folder called Display Drivers. There are folders called display adapters and disk drivers however. Maybe I should uninstall one of those?

Thanks

Zach

ZacharyF, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Display Turns Off After Playing Video - Help - Similar Threads - Display Turns Off

2. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity.Razer Blade 14- Windows 11 Home, everything up to date.Monitors: Dell S2721DGF connected via HDMI @144Hz, Dell P2421 connected via DP @60HzSteps to...
  3. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity.Razer Blade 14- Windows 11 Home, everything up to date.Monitors: Dell S2721DGF connected via HDMI @144Hz, Dell P2421 connected via DP @60HzSteps to...
  4. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    display not turning off: i am downloading some large files and want the PC to remain on but not the display i did these settings in my power options but the display does not seem to turn off can anyone tell a fix thank you...
  5. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display not turning off: i am downloading some large files and want the PC to remain on but not the display i did these settings in my power options but the display does not seem to turn off can anyone tell a fix thank you...
  6. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity. MOBO: Asus X570-F latest BIOS, tried older versions VGA: nVidia RTX2070 latest driver, tried older versions OS: Windows 10 Pro 20H2, fully updated....
  8. Turn Off Display Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn Off Display Help: I have 2 options to set for turn off display; "Turn off display after x minutes" as well as "Console lock display off timeout after x minutes" So the display turns off after the set amount of minutes, but it turns back on after exactly 13 minutes and 30 seconds. And then...
  9. turn off display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn off display: Hi, I have a screen and a tv plugged in my GC. When the TV is off, I would like the corresponding display to be turned off si my mouse don't get lost on a second screen that is not turned on. Normally I would go in the display setting page and turn it off from the...
  10. Display turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display turns off: My display always turns off after 5 minutes of whatever game I played. My screen shows that it is sleeping, but I can't turn it on, forcing me to restart. I have set my monitor and computer to sleep after 2 hours. Is my computer over-heating, or can I fix this in my...