Windows 10: DISPLAY TURNS OFF BUT CPU KEEPS RUNNING

Discus and support DISPLAY TURNS OFF BUT CPU KEEPS RUNNING in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I've been facing this issue for a while, when I turn on my computer the boot screenthat MOBO info screen with boot option-f8,f12 shows up and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Prajjwal Srivastava, Feb 6, 2022.

1. DISPLAY TURNS OFF BUT CPU KEEPS RUNNING

So I've been facing this issue for a while, when I turn on my computer the boot screenthat MOBO info screen with boot option-f8,f12 shows up and then when it goes away my display turns off just after showing that "Entering Power Saving Mode" and nothing shows up but my CPU keeps running and then I have to press the reset button. After pressing reset button, pc boots up and works normally. So like, I have to do this process everytime when I turn on the pc. Can anybody help me fix this issue?

:)

Prajjwal Srivastava, Feb 6, 2022

2. Keep programs running whilst screen is turned off - MSBook

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I understand that you want the programs to be running with turned off display.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Left Pane select Choose when to turn off the display.
    • Select the Time to turn off the display. Click Save Changes.
    • Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 6, 2022
  3. Keep programs running whilst screen is turned off - MSBook

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I realize that you want the programs to be running with turned off display.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 6, 2022
  4. jorog(2) Win User

DISPLAY TURNS OFF BUT CPU KEEPS RUNNING

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Feb 6, 2022
Thema:

DISPLAY TURNS OFF BUT CPU KEEPS RUNNING

1. DISPLAY TURNS OFF BUT CPU KEEPS RUNNING - Similar Threads - DISPLAY TURNS OFF

2. My laptop keeps turning on and off displaying Mecer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps turning on and off displaying Mecer.: My laptop keeps turning on and off displaying Mecer, it's not possible for me to remove the battery and I was not performing a reset. It just started doing it on its own. How do I fix it? Please help.I have pressed the on button holding it and also doing it for shorter...
  3. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    display not turning off: i am downloading some large files and want the PC to remain on but not the display i did these settings in my power options but the display does not seem to turn off can anyone tell a fix thank you...
  4. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display not turning off: i am downloading some large files and want the PC to remain on but not the display i did these settings in my power options but the display does not seem to turn off can anyone tell a fix thank you...
  5. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. DISPLAY TURNS OFF BUT CPU KEEPS RUNNING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISPLAY TURNS OFF BUT CPU KEEPS RUNNING: So I've been facing this issue for a while, when I turn on my computer the boot screenthat MOBO info screen with boot option-f8,f12 shows up and then when it goes away my display turns off just after showing that "Entering Power Saving Mode" and nothing shows up but my CPU...
  7. DISPLAY TURNS OFF BUT CPU KEEPS RUNNING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISPLAY TURNS OFF BUT CPU KEEPS RUNNING: So I've been facing this issue for a while, when I turn on my computer the boot screenthat MOBO info screen with boot option-f8,f12 shows up and then when it goes away my display turns off just after showing that "Entering Power Saving Mode" and nothing shows up but my CPU...
  8. Fan running when display turns off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fan running when display turns off: This specifically happens when I leave my laptop open and it locks itself automatically. The display is off but some resource usage is very high because the fans start spinning at very high speeds. If I open task manager to check what it is, things just go back to normal and...
  9. turn off display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn off display: Hi, I have a screen and a tv plugged in my GC. When the TV is off, I would like the corresponding display to be turned off si my mouse don't get lost on a second screen that is not turned on. Normally I would go in the display setting page and turn it off from the...
  10. Display turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display turns off: My display always turns off after 5 minutes of whatever game I played. My screen shows that it is sleeping, but I can't turn it on, forcing me to restart. I have set my monitor and computer to sleep after 2 hours. Is my computer over-heating, or can I fix this in my...