Windows 10: Display/video crashes and audio stutters

Discus and support Display/video crashes and audio stutters in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, For the past while, when I have been using my desktop, at seemingly random times I will be watching a YouTube video or downloading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jepremo, Dec 19, 2019.

1. jepremo Win User

Display/video crashes and audio stutters

Hi there,

For the past while, when I have been using my desktop, at seemingly random times I will be watching a YouTube video or downloading something and the computer will freeze for a half second, the audio will stutter, and then the video goes black my monitor says it can't find a connection.

I've tried everything: moving the RAM around swapping the two DIMMS, unplugged and plugged the video card back in, took out all the hard drives and put a new one in. Checked to see that all the drivers are updated. Finally this morning I bit the bullet and reset Windows to a fresh install. Didn't work.

I think I have it narrowed down to either my internet connection i.e. the LAN driver, or Steam, but I'm not sure what to do about it or how to narrow it down from there. It seems like every time Steam downloads something, it puts my computer in this downward spiral - but I can't tell if it's the app, or the LAN driver.

I've uninstalled Steam temporarily to have some stability, but there's little sense in having a gaming desktop that can't play Steam games.

Would appreciate any help people can offer. I'm not sure how to figure out exactly what is causing the stutter/crash, so I'm operating strictly off intuition here.

System Details:

Windows 10 Pro

Acer Predator G6-710

NVIDIA GeForce 1080

256 GB SSD; 3 TB 7200rpm SATA

16 GB RAM

Thanks in advance for all those who help.

:)

jepremo, Dec 19, 2019

2. Changing volume crashes videos and makes programs stutter

What causes crashing? Changning or muting the sound on my laptop

What crashes? Internet videos, like youtube and facebook, and internet audio like Spotify online

What stutters? Spotify (Windows program), iTunes online and offline, local sound files offline

My computer:

• Sony VAIO Duo Model SVD132190X
    • Windows 10 Pro, Version 1709, Build 16299.248
    • Audio Driver: Realtek High Definition Audio, version 6.0.1.7106 (downloaded from computer manufacturer)
    • No unusual installations recently, just email and internet browsing
    • Troubleshooting tried: reinstalled audio driver and restarted computer

TheRealDavid, Dec 19, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Display/video crashes and audio stutters

Win10 Audio and video stutter

Hi,

I have tried everything and have not found a solution. About a week ago I played around with the Windows audio enhancements while listening to youtube videos - no issues from that. Then, with my HDD running very slowly (has been for a while), I installed
    Acronis True Image and cloned my HDD to an SSD and another HDD. Afterwards, all three now have a distinct audio stutter.

No other hardware changes have been made. I have googled every guide I can find. I have uninstalled & reinstalled every driver that I can think of. I have uninstalled Acronis. I have played with the Windows power settings. I have tried AHCI in the BIOS (just
    blue screens). I have uninstalled Windows updates, and nothing makes any difference. It affects youtube videos, as well as local music and video files on my HDD/SSD.

Tried uninstalling Acronis and it is no better. I test using a youtube stutter/judder test (which is a spinning symbol) and the audio stutters (from a separate youtube clip) line up with the video stutter. I have also run youtube audio clips, local movie
    & audio files etc, and they all stutter.

Has anyone had an issue like this and resolved it? Reinstalling Win10 would be a pain. I upgraded from Win7 and I don't think that I bought an install disk at the time.

Evan

evangharvey, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Display/video crashes and audio stutters

1. Display/video crashes and audio stutters - Similar Threads - Display video crashes

2. Computer stutter display and audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stutter display and audio.: Hello sometimes pc stutteringFor example 250 fps -> 1-2 fps like 1-2 seconds with display and audio. How can i check what is the problem ? Is there any application to find pc problems ? For example when pc stutter it shows the problem with statistic.I have nvidia rtx 3060...
  3. Computer stutter display and audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stutter display and audio.: Hello sometimes pc stutteringFor example 250 fps -> 1-2 fps like 1-2 seconds with display and audio. How can i check what is the problem ? Is there any application to find pc problems ? For example when pc stutter it shows the problem with statistic.I have nvidia rtx 3060...
  4. Video and Audio stuttering while Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video and Audio stuttering while Gaming: I recently upgraded components of my PC. And before, I used to crash on every game I play, so I took it to the store and they said some drivers are missing, well ok.But now I am trying to play games and I get video and audio stutters. Its fine for the first 5 minutes, then it...
  5. Video and Audio stuttering while Gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video and Audio stuttering while Gaming: I recently upgraded components of my PC. And before, I used to crash on every game I play, so I took it to the store and they said some drivers are missing, well ok.But now I am trying to play games and I get video and audio stutters. Its fine for the first 5 minutes, then it...
  6. Video and audio stuttering

Video and audio stuttering: I recently bought a brand new pc - AMD Ryzen 9 3900X AM4 Tray Corsair DDR 4 64G 32Gx2 3200 CL16 Vengeance LPX CMK64GX4M2E3200C16 Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 CPU Cooler Special Edition for AM4 Asus PRIME X570-PRO A-DATA SSD 2TB XPG Spectrix S40G RGB M.2 2280 Corsair iCUE 465X RGB...
  7. Video Stutter/Audio Buzz

Video Stutter/Audio Buzz: For the past couple of weeks I have been getting stuttering video and a buzz in the audio. It started with listening to Spotify, the audio with just buzz for a few seconds then the PC would crash, no blue screen it would just restart. The reboots have stopped, but now the...
  8. Video Stutter/Buzz In Audio

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Stutter/Buzz In Audio: For the past couple of weeks I have been getting stuttering video and a buzz in the audio. It started with listening to Spotify, the audio with just buzz for a few seconds then the PC would crash, no blue screen it would just restart. The reboots have stopped, but now the...
  9. audio and video out of sync and stutters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio and video out of sync and stutters: audio and video out of sync and stutters, most noticeable on youtube https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-and-video-out-of-sync-and-stutters/78ad62d2-3d2a-473f-bb87-b20ffbf86220
  10. Win10 Audio and video stutter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Audio and video stutter: Hi, I have tried everything and have not found a solution. About a week ago I played around with the Windows audio enhancements while listening to youtube videos - no issues from that. Then, with my HDD running very slowly (has been for a while), I installed Acronis True...