Windows 10: Display warning encountered during upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

Discus and support Display warning encountered during upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Whilst I was attempting to upgrade an old computer ( HP G72-227wm) from Windows 7 to Windows 10 , I received a warning message indicating that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sportflyer, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Display warning encountered during upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

Whilst I was attempting to upgrade an old computer ( HP G72-227wm) from Windows 7 to Windows 10 , I received a warning message indicating that the laptop display chipset ( Mobile Intel 4 series Express Chipset ) is no longer supported and that the display won't be correct . Options were "Confirm" or "terminate ". So I terminated the installation. Checking Intel website confirms that the chipset is indeed no longer supported beyond windows 8. . My question is whether I should confirm and proceed ? Does this mean the default driver wont be able to display his currrent resolution or that some display options wont be available. Please advise . Tks

:)

sportflyer, Oct 1, 2018
  2. Jererermy Win User

Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 Puzzle

Ok, so here is my problem.

I currently have my 1.5 TB hdd partitioned in half. The first half is blank, and the second half has Windows 7 installed and activated. Unfortunately, I learned that I cannot combine the 2 partitions back together to diminish the partition split and maximize
    my hdd space like intended because I am only able to increase the first partition or shrink the 2nd.

So my problem is that I would like to upgrade from my Windows 7 to Windows 10 (which I am fairly confident in how to do it) but I need to use the free upgrade available to me to install Windows 10 to the 1st partition and not the 2nd one.

I created a USB bootable Windows 10 using the Windows 10 setup tool, but it gives me the following warning:

• If you are going to install Win 10 on your PC clean for the first time, you'll need a Win 10 product key.
    • If you are going to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10, you won't need to enter a product key.
    The problem is that I need to sort of do both. I want to upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10 but on the 1st partition instead of the 2nd one that currently has Windows 7.

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions for me?!

Jererermy, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Win 10 Free Upgrade then restored back to Win 7 now unable to upgrade to Win 10

I upgraded my system to Win10 using online free upgrade from Win 7.

Then I encountered issues with explorer in Win 10 so I restored back to Win 7.

Now it looks like this explorer issue has been fixed in Win 10 but when I click on Win 10 upgrade icon nothing is happening. How can I now again upgrade back to Win 10 from Win 7.

Thanks,

Anurag

AnuragDang, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Display warning encountered during upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

Upgrade to win 10 again after downgrade from win 10 to win 7

Hello,

I have just upgraded from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro but encounter some problems. Now I am considering to downgrade back to Win 7.

My question is: After downgrading to Win 7, can I get free upgrade to Win 10 again? Will the one-year free upgrade period still stand?

Thank you for your advice.

Luu CanhDieu, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Display warning encountered during upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

1. Display warning encountered during upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - Similar Threads - Display warning encountered

2. a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10: HelloI have faced a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10error code : 0x80070008 - 0x3001A Dell laptop Inspiron 3542D8BW912Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-problem-during-upgrade-from-win-7-to-win-10/d4a50ed9-eac9-432f-85a8-1c25d94b8ab4
  3. a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10: HelloI have faced a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10error code : 0x80070008 - 0x3001A Dell laptop Inspiron 3542D8BW912Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-problem-during-upgrade-from-win-7-to-win-10/d4a50ed9-eac9-432f-85a8-1c25d94b8ab4
  4. a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Hello.Few days ago i make upgrade to Windows 10 on my computer with Windows 7 PRO licence. I know that the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 is not free any more. If i check Activation status it is Activeted with digital licence. Is this legal?...
  6. Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails

Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails: I have tried upgrading my system from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10. I downloaded the upgrade from this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 The upgrade gets approximately 90 to 95 percent installed, and errors out. Now every time I get the...
  7. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: If I upgrade my operating system to Win 10 , must I redownload and reinstall all the games that I have on my PC ( around 12 Terabytes ) ? or there is a workaround to avoid that ( so that I can play them in Win 10 without the hassle ) ? Most of the games are on ( steam ,...
  8. Data loss during win 7 upgrade to win 10

Data loss during win 7 upgrade to win 10: Win 10 version 1909 OS Build 18363.657 I just upgraded an old computer from win 7 to win 10 following a guide from this site. In preparation I did a backup on a flash drive using Windows recommendations, created a new repair disc, and made a system imagine on a new external...
  9. upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10 failure

upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10 failure: getting the error "failed in SECOND BOOT, MIGRATING DATA step" when trying to upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10. any idesa on how to fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-7-to-win-10-failure/5897582e-19f6-4dd0-a905-db07ffc929b9
  10. upgrade from win 7 to 10

upgrade from win 7 to 10: I have an existing desktop computer running with windows 7. I purchased a new windows 10 dvd. My windows 7 is win 10 compatible. All the help ie videos etc seem to be based on using the windows "media creation tool" and not the official Microsoft dvd. If anyone can guide me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problems encountered during windows 7 to windows 10