Windows 10: Display window pops up every 20 minutes

Discus and support Display window pops up every 20 minutes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After having installed the latest Windows 10 update, the Settings Display window pops up every 20 minutes. How do I keep this from happening?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WilliamGould3, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Display window pops up every 20 minutes

After having installed the latest Windows 10 update, the Settings Display window pops up every 20 minutes.

How do I keep this from happening?

:)

WilliamGould3, Jun 20, 2020

2. How do I have the display turn off after 15-20 minutes of no use?

Press Windows key + x

Click Power Options

Under Related settings, click Additional power settings

Click Change when the computer sleeps

On Battery and plugged in, click in the list box for 'Turn off the display then choose 15 to 20 minutes.

Click Save changes.

Andre for Directly, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Wifi connection cutting off every 20 minutes

My internet is turning itself off about every 20 minutes, and I have to go to the network and sharing center and run troubleshoot wifi connection 3 a several times before it goes back to normal.

What I've checked:

• The internet works without fail on my phone. The problem is surely on this device.
    • The wifi connection 3 thing on network and sharing center is the thing that always goes offline (has a red cross next to it)
    • My intelligence... I'm pretty bad at computing so please explain this in steps.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to stop this inconvenience from occurring every 10-20 minutes, its really frustrating. I need to answer questions and get more reputation on writers SE Display window pops up every 20 minutes :).

Thanks. By the way, I ran a scan. Its not a virus or malware, whatever else it could be.

Daniel Cann, Jun 20, 2020
  4. bbinnard Win User

Display window pops up every 20 minutes

What will happen on Jan 20, 2016?

Strollin: I understand your suggestion, but that means I'll have to re-install all my sofftware etc. again. This is not an enticing thought at all.

LCDR: I tried the old activation code I used before - it is the same on you posted.

I tried the steps listed at the WinAero site. Last one failed because it said the server could not be located. But I did get the Jan 20, 2016 date back. So that's something.

bbinnard, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Display window pops up every 20 minutes

1. Display window pops up every 20 minutes - Similar Threads - Display window pops

2. Error Keeps on Popping up every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Keeps on Popping up every 5 minutes: What should I do to get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-keeps-on-popping-up-every-5-minutes/e5b2d205-b310-4aef-a96b-8cdb12fc665a
  3. BSOD every 15-20 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every 15-20 minutes: Hello. My computer randomly started crashing last night. Initially it restarted and woke up to a GIGABYTE BIOS saying boot load broke. After having logged in to the pc, a BSOD happened and the screen froze, leading to me having to hold the power button down.From this point...
  4. BSOD every 15-20 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD every 15-20 minutes: Hello. My computer randomly started crashing last night. Initially it restarted and woke up to a GIGABYTE BIOS saying boot load broke. After having logged in to the pc, a BSOD happened and the screen froze, leading to me having to hold the power button down.From this point...
  5. Unknown App keeps popping up every 20 minutes then closing instantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown App keeps popping up every 20 minutes then closing instantly: I have done a screen record and found this to be CMD keep popping upHere is the what it displaysIs there any way to stop this from keep popping up and instantly disappearing?...
  6. Unknown App keeps popping up every 20 minutes then closing instantly

Unknown App keeps popping up every 20 minutes then closing instantly: I have done a screen record and found this to be CMD keep popping upHere is the what it displaysIs there any way to stop this from keep popping up and instantly disappearing?...
  7. Unknown App keeps popping up every 20 minutes then closing instantly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown App keeps popping up every 20 minutes then closing instantly: As title says. An unknown app keeps opening every 20 minutes, causing my current game/program to minimize but closes instantly so I can't see which app it is. I've tried a few methods. I tried recording Task manager to watch back and see if I can catch it but can't. It's...
  8. Unknown App keeps popping up every 20 minutes then closing instantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown App keeps popping up every 20 minutes then closing instantly: As title says. An unknown app keeps opening every 20 minutes, causing my current game/program to minimize but closes instantly so I can't see which app it is. I've tried a few methods. I tried recording Task manager to watch back and see if I can catch it but can't. It's...
  9. Unknown App keeps popping up every 20 minutes then closing instantly

10. Shared drive Explorer window popping up every 20 minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared drive Explorer window popping up every 20 minutes: I shared two drives on my PC so I could play my media on my Raspberry Pi KODI box and one drive opens an Explorer window every 20 minutes on my PC. One drive I shared was F: which is a partition on an internal SATA drive, it never opens a window. The other was J: an...