Windows 10: Display Window Suddenly Doesn't Fill Laptop Screen

Discus and support Display Window Suddenly Doesn't Fill Laptop Screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Last weekend, I left my Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows 10 plugged in and used my other one for the next few days. Came back to it and had trouble... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SusanBaldwin1, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Display Window Suddenly Doesn't Fill Laptop Screen

Last weekend, I left my Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows 10 plugged in and used my other one for the next few days. Came back to it and had trouble with turning it on. This happened last year during the July 18 Windows Update and I was finally able to get it to boot up again by taking the battery out and reinserting it and starting it up in safe mode. This time it took several tries to get it to start again - and to get past that deathly black screen. I finally got it to start again - used it - and logged off successfully, however, the next day when I logged on, the window was suddenly missing two inches on each side. It's a 17" laptop I know it's not a problem with the display because the entire display lights up during bootup -

:)

SusanBaldwin1, Apr 2, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Display Window Suddenly Doesn't Fill Laptop Screen [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Xjoejoex Win User
    Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Display Window Suddenly Doesn't Fill Laptop Screen

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Display Window Suddenly Doesn't Fill Laptop Screen

1. Display Window Suddenly Doesn't Fill Laptop Screen - Similar Threads - Display Window Suddenly

2. Resolution doesn't always fill the game screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolution doesn't always fill the game screen: Hi, I've had this issue with some games. It doesn't happen in all games, but it's noticeable in some. Screenshot from game below Issue: When I open a game like Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Steam, the game runs fine in terms of resolution, but in a specific part where there's a...
  3. Resolution doesn't always fill the game screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resolution doesn't always fill the game screen: Hi, I've had this issue with some games. It doesn't happen in all games, but it's noticeable in some. Screenshot from game below Issue: When I open a game like Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Steam, the game runs fine in terms of resolution, but in a specific part where there's a...
  4. App doesn't display on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App doesn't display on screen: when i open new app or tab in small windownot full screen,it doesn't display on screen. it display only if i open desktop. i can see only full screen apps. And when I bring my mouse on an icon on task bar, it shows tabs on task bar but I can't click on them, it disappears...
  5. display not filling screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display not filling screen.: I recently downgraded to a Radeon 5770 and the display does not fill the monitor. I've tried downloading the drivers and changing my resolution but it still doesn't change anything please help...
  6. Display screen doesn't come on after windows update on laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display screen doesn't come on after windows update on laptop: Display screen doesn't come on after windows update on laptop. The laptop turn on, I hear laptop running but the display screen doesn't come on....
  7. how to get display to fill whole screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get display to fill whole screen?: some how my diaplay screen no longer fills the screen on my win 10 mspro4 tablet. can some one tell me how to get display to fill whole screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-display-to-fill-whole-screen/73c557f9-03ff-4a3d-aef3-80e68513e6ea
  8. laptop display doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop display doesn't work: had a windows 10 upgrade a few days ago. every since my monitor screen is fully working but my laptop screen shows icons, etc but not "cortana" ? mouse works on monitor but nothing on lap top again laptop has my start screen but is "frozen" went to devices and shows 2...
  9. Display does not fill the screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display does not fill the screen: Just taken delivery of a Dell U2717D lovely display except for this: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 graphics acrd set to 2560 x 1440. If I now display a photo of 2560 x 1440 pixels I would have expected the screen to be full, but no. I have a black border over an inch in depth on...
  10. Display won't fill screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display won't fill screen: Someone played with my Surface Pro and now there is a black border around the scree. The display image doesn't fill the screen as it did before. There is about a 1" black border around the display. I can't find a "full screen" setting. Any help?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop screen does not show complete window