Windows 10: Display won't 'Show only on 2'

Discus and support Display won't 'Show only on 2' in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, tldr; The new WQHD (3440 x 1440) monitor I bought yesterday isn't projecting its resolution from my laptop properly. ----- The laptop spec's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by asdfsadfsadf, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Display won't 'Show only on 2'

Hi,

tldr; The new WQHD (3440 x 1440) monitor I bought yesterday isn't projecting its resolution from my laptop properly.

-----
    The laptop spec's : Asus ROG STRIX GL702VM-DB74 w/ Core i7-6700HQ, 16GB, 256GB SSD + 1TB, 17.3in FHD, GTX 1060, Win 10 at Memory Express
    The monitor: LG 34UM88C-P 34in Ultra Wide IPS WQHD LED LCD Monitor at Memory Express
    -----

I bought a new desktop*monitor.
    I own a laptop as*PC.
    I am using my laptop to connect to my new monitor.
    It's a WQHD (3440 x 1440) monitor.
    It won't display it's max resolution properly.
    It is the only monitor I want running.
    I do not want to have to run both my laptop and desktop monitor.
    Only the desktop.

I have four options:

- Duplicate these displays
    - Extend these displays
    - Show only on 1
    - Show only on 2

Duplicate on these displays - will 'see' the WQHD (3440 x 1440) option but when I select it the resolution on*the desktop monitor*seems distorted in a way that magnifies everything. It is definitely not the proper resolution.

Extend on these displays - will not 'see' the WQHD (3440 x 1440) option but will properly show the 3440 x 1440 resolution on my monitor and it will show the 1080p of my laptop. So this option seems to work properly. But I don't want this option because I want to only have one monitor (my brand new WQHD monitor) working.

Show only on 1 - works normally. It shows my laptop monitor at normal resolution.

Show only on 2 - (THIS IS THE OPTION THAT I WANT TO WORK PROPERLY) will show the 1080p resolution which I presume is from my laptop on the WQHD monitor. It looks terrible.

So why why why why in the **** isn't the monitor working properly?!?!!

ps. None of the category titles*are appropriate for my question. So I'll have to just guess.

:)

asdfsadfsadf, Mar 22, 2017

2. Re: Display won't 'Show only on 2'

I've also tried about 5 different Nvidia drivers, and all face the same problems.

Is_this_forum_working, Mar 22, 2017
  3. Is_this_forum_working, Mar 22, 2017
  4. Display won't 'Show only on 2'

I've also tried about 5 different Nvidia drivers, and all face the same problems.

asdfsadfsadf, Mar 22, 2017
Thema:

Display won't 'Show only on 2'

1. Display won't 'Show only on 2' - Similar Threads - Display won't 'Show

2. How to change show only display 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change show only display 2: I had two moniters in which one i had not used and wanted to use it with my main computer so i bought a vga cable and connected it in the begening it was ok because it was on default extend these display . Next day i set it on only show display 2 and turned off my main...
  3. How to change show only display 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change show only display 2: I had two moniters in which one i had not used and wanted to use it with my main computer so i bought a vga cable and connected it in the begening it was ok because it was on default extend these display . Next day i set it on only show display 2 and turned off my main...
  4. How to change show only display 2

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to reset show only display 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to reset show only display 2: I had two moniters in which one i had not used and wanted to use it with my main computer so i bought a vga cable and connected it in the begening it was ok because it was on default extend these display . Next day i set it on only show display 2 and turned off my main...
  6. How to reset show only display 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset show only display 2: I had two moniters in which one i had not used and wanted to use it with my main computer so i bought a vga cable and connected it in the begening it was ok because it was on default extend these display . Next day i set it on only show display 2 and turned off my main...
  7. How to reset show only display 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to reset "show only display 2" setting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset "show only display 2" setting?: Hey! I've got a PC with Windows 10 and one monitor. I wanted to add a second monitor note that this one's an old 4:3 display w/ VGA cable. I bought an adapter from VGA to HDMI my graph card has 1 HDMI and 3 DP slots, one of the latter is for my main monitor. The first time I...
  9. Show only on display 2 does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Show only on display 2 does not work: I have a Surface book pro 2 with windows 10 and whenever I want my desktop to only show up on my main display at home (a LG extra wide screen) it goes all black. I have tried both a usb-c to hdmi and a usb-c to displayport connector with the same results. I have used the...
  10. Multiple displays "Show only on 2" not working (at times)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multiple displays "Show only on 2" not working (at times): I'm using my Dell Inspiron 64 bit laptop as a base station mostly, except when I go out of town. That's when I lug it with me. Attached is a ViewSonic display, and a Microsoft "natural" keyboard. Yes, I'd like the large display to be my main (and only) one but on...