Windows 10: display won't turn off according to power settings

Discus and support display won't turn off according to power settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; External monitor doesn't follow power settings. Never turns off. This occurred after recent update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nancy Dorighi, Jan 29, 2023.

1. display won't turn off according to power settings

External monitor doesn't follow power settings. Never turns off. This occurred after recent update.

:)

Nancy Dorighi, Jan 29, 2023
  2. Try3 Win User

Power setting turns display off as set but then it turns right back on

Verna,

But you did not look at that tutorial's list of related tutorials for all the other
    Add or Remove ... from Power Options - TenForumsTutorials
    ones. That's what I suggested. The link to that particular tutorial was just a way in to the set of them.

display won't turn off according to power settings 1370d1627109171t-power-setting-turns-display-off-set-but-then-turns-right-back-related-tutorials.png

And you'll find even more of the set by searching the list of tutorials.

Denis

3. AddRAM Win User
    Power setting turns display off as set but then it turns right back on

Do you have allow wake timers set to disabled ?

But you never put the PC to sleep, so it won`t be that.

Do you turn the PC off when you`re not using it ?

Boot into safe mode as Try3 has suggested.

I would also disconnect your track ball and plug in a normal usb mouse and see if it still comes right back on, if you haven`t tried that yet.

AddRAM, Jan 29, 2023
  4. jorog(2) Win User

display won't turn off according to power settings

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Jan 29, 2023
Thema:

display won't turn off according to power settings

1. display won't turn off according to power settings - Similar Threads - display won't turn

2. display won't turn off according to power settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    display won't turn off according to power settings: External monitor doesn't follow power settings. Never turns off. This occurred after recent update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-wont-turn-off-according-to-power-settings/7954efb7-f242-4c62-9e7c-6c02b86f1557
  3. display won't turn off according to power settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    display won't turn off according to power settings: External monitor doesn't follow power settings. Never turns off. This occurred after recent update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-wont-turn-off-according-to-power-settings/7954efb7-f242-4c62-9e7c-6c02b86f1557
  4. Power setting turns display off as set but then it turns right back on

in Windows 10 Support
    Power setting turns display off as set but then it turns right back on: Windows 10 version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.1110) I have a Dell Inspiron 7700 All-in-One computer. I have the power setting set to turn off display in 10 minutes and the put the computer to sleep set to never. After 10 minutes of no activity the screen turns off but then turns...
  5. Laptop sleeps when display turns off, regardless of power settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop sleeps when display turns off, regardless of power settings: Hello - When my laptop display turns off after the number of minutes set in "When plugged in, turn off after" the computer goes to sleep even though it's not set to do so. It does not seem to matter what value is set for "When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after", the...
  6. Display turning on immediately after turn off timer in power settings.

Display turning on immediately after turn off timer in power settings.: Whenever the timer goes off, the monitors turn black, but immediately power back on as if something is constantly waking them up. My desktop has had a similar issue before of the monitor never turning off, but that turned out to be a controller being plugged in issue for some...
  7. Windows 10 Turn off Display Power Setting

Windows 10 Turn off Display Power Setting: I have an MSI laptop that I use for streaming, so I leave the computer on almost all the time. I want my monitors to turn off though after a period of inactivity. I have my power plan settings set to turn the monitors off after 15 minutes. When 15 minutes is up, the displays...
  8. turn off display option missing in system power settings

in Windows 10 Support
    turn off display option missing in system power settings: I just got my first laptop 2 days ago from HP. Already in hindsight, I kind of wish I hadn't because of the lame support options, but the laptop itself is just fine with excellent display & performance. The keyboard is nice but the backlighting at my preferred sitting angle...
  9. Laptop display won't turn off after set time in power options

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop display won't turn off after set time in power options: I have my laptop display set to turn off after 15 minutes when it's plugged in, but it never does. I've tried changing the time & it still never turns off. Is there an application that could causing this? Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Oh & I'm running Windows 10. 25634
  10. Screen does not always turn off according to Power & sleep settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen does not always turn off according to Power & sleep settings: DESCRIPTION Please advise, I am trying to solve this puzzle.. Basically screen wont always turn off according to the settings set in Power & sleep. Sleep, on the other hand, works. Sometimes monitor will turn off correctly after a set time, say if I set a minute or two...