Windows 10: Display won't turn off after a set number of minutes - Windows 10 2004, NVIDIA 1080 GTX...

Discus and support Display won't turn off after a set number of minutes - Windows 10 2004, NVIDIA 1080 GTX... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As I've never had this problem before after a feature upgrade, I wanted to mention that my monitor (ASUS PG278Q) will not sleep after a set number of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chappellkm, May 29, 2020.

1. Display won't turn off after a set number of minutes - Windows 10 2004, NVIDIA 1080 GTX...

As I've never had this problem before after a feature upgrade, I wanted to mention that my monitor (ASUS PG278Q) will not sleep after a set number of minutes ever since I took the upgrade. This was not a problem in the previous 1909 build of Windows 10.

I assume this has something to do with lack of proper display drivers for Windows 10 2004, but I haven't seen anyone mention any problems. Has anyone run into this problem and, if so, have you been able to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/chappellkm
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chappellkm, May 29, 2020
  2. RMayhem Win User

Nvidia GTX 1080 performance issue.

Original title: NVidia GTX 1080 Running Slow

Hi,

I have recently finished building another PC the components are.

CPU: Intel 5820K

GPU: GTX 1080 (Asus)

Ram: 32GB

MOBO: Asus Sabertooth

I did have a GTX 770 installed until the GTX 1080 came out but i'm not getting very good graphic response. I use my PC for work for editing videos and Photos but it just doesn't seem that powerful and is performing on par with my old GTX 770 witch is a massive
    step underneath the new GTX 1080. I don't have any idea why its doing this unless is a Windows Driver Issue i cant seem to find anyone with the same problem, please help if you have any ideas!

Thank you for your time.

Rob

RMayhem, May 29, 2020
  3. My GTX 980ti won`t let me upgrade to Windows 10?

Still says my Nvidia GTX 980Ti won`t work with Windows 10, so I can`t upgrade!!

RichardH754, May 29, 2020
  4. auggy Win User

Display won't turn off after a set number of minutes - Windows 10 2004, NVIDIA 1080 GTX...

Nvidia GTX 1080 performance issue.

When you installed the GTX 1080 card did you uninstall the driver that was installed for the GTX 770 and then install the driver for the GTX 1080 ?

If not, try that, using the latest driver from NVIDIA for the reinstall that supports the GTX 1080 :

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

auggy, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Display won't turn off after a set number of minutes - Windows 10 2004, NVIDIA 1080 GTX...

1. Display won't turn off after a set number of minutes - Windows 10 2004, NVIDIA 1080 GTX... - Similar Threads - Display won't turn

2. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  3. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  4. LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES: My laptop display will turnoff after few min. Computer is up to date. The computer is running but after a few mintues display goes away. I do have 2 external monitors but i need my 3rd, Main Laptop Display As Well! I've been working & researching this for over a month! My...
  5. LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES: My laptop display will turnoff after few min. Computer is up to date. The computer is running but after a few mintues display goes away. I do have 2 external monitors but i need my 3rd, Main Laptop Display As Well! I've been working & researching this for over a month! My...
  6. GTX 1080 compatibility

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GTX 1080 compatibility: Hi. I have a system with an i7 6700K, 16 Gigs of DDR4, Win 10 Home and a GTX 1080 However, the GTX 1080 will flicker and refuse to install its drivers if paired with a Ryzen 5 2600 on a B450 motherboard so I had to buy a Radeon RX 5700 XT for that system, that works very...
  7. GTX 1080 compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GTX 1080 compatibility: Hi. I have a system with an i7 6700K, 16 Gigs of DDR4, Win 10 Home and a GTX 1080 However, the GTX 1080 will flicker and refuse to install its drivers if paired with a Ryzen 5 2600 on a B450 motherboard so I had to buy a Radeon RX 5700 XT for that system, that works very...
  8. how to set the number of minutes before the monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to set the number of minutes before the monitor turns off: My screen used to turn off automatically frequently--probably after 30-60 minutes. The last two days it hasn't turned off at all. I looked at the Power and Sleep settings, they showed 10 minutes for the display. I changed them to 5 minutes, so that I could troubleshoot more...
  9. Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Support
    Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity: Hello I have used this site before for help with my computer problems and it never failed, but now I can't find the answer, hope this thread helps I have had my pc for 5 years now, it always worked fine. GA-X79-UD7 I7-3930k GTX 770 Last week the monitor started...
  10. NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1080

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1080: [MEDIA] [IMG] Powered by Pascal Architecture, Delivers up to 2x Performance and 3X Efficiency of GeForce GTX TITAN X NVIDIA today announced the NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 -- the first gaming GPU based on the company's new Pascal™ architecture -- providing up to...