Windows 10: Display won't turn off after any amount of time

Discus and support Display won't turn off after any amount of time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want my PC to not go to sleep, but I do want the monitor to just turn off after ten minutes of idling or however long amount of time. No screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/courtlandj, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Display won't turn off after any amount of time

I want my PC to not go to sleep, but I do want the monitor to just turn off after ten minutes of idling or however long amount of time.

1. No screen saver
    2. Sleep after: never
    3. Allow hybrid sleep: no
    4. Hibernate after: never
    5. Allow wake timers: enable
    6. Turn off display after: (any value at all)
    7. Video card drivers are updated

Whatever I enter for "Turn off display after", it goes to the Lock Screen & its wonderful slideshow, but it does not turn off the display. If I set the time to 1 minute, it waits one minute and goes to the lock screen, but 12 hours later, the monitor will still be on.

submitted by /u/courtlandj
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/courtlandj, Mar 28, 2020

2. Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Mar 28, 2020
  3. My caps lock won t turn off

I'm typing a letter in word, it was fine then started using all caps it won t turn them the usual way

SallyGardner47, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Xjoejoex Win User

Display won't turn off after any amount of time

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

Display won't turn off after any amount of time [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Display won't turn off after any amount of time

1. Display won't turn off after any amount of time - Similar Threads - Display won't turn

2. PC won't turn off display after specific time anymore after hardware upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't turn off display after specific time anymore after hardware upgrade.: I recently updated my GPU, case with new USB controllers for fans, and AIO, everything is running good except the display won't automatically turn off anymore, it would go black for a second and turn right back on. The system could still go to sleep automatically when I turn...
  3. PC won't turn off display after specific time anymore after hardware upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't turn off display after specific time anymore after hardware upgrade.: I recently updated my GPU, case with new USB controllers for fans, and AIO, everything is running good except the display won't automatically turn off anymore, it would go black for a second and turn right back on. The system could still go to sleep automatically when I turn...
  4. My display wont come back on after turning on monitor after a certain amount of time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My display wont come back on after turning on monitor after a certain amount of time: hello ive had a problem with my pc display not coming back when i turn on my monitor after having it turned off for a certain amount of time. I have turning screensavers and sleep off to prevent this from happening but it still seems to happen. When i turn on the monitor it...
  5. My display wont come back on after turning on monitor after a certain amount of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My display wont come back on after turning on monitor after a certain amount of time: hello ive had a problem with my pc display not coming back when i turn on my monitor after having it turned off for a certain amount of time. I have turning screensavers and sleep off to prevent this from happening but it still seems to happen. When i turn on the monitor it...
  6. Turn off secondary display after x amount of inactivity?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off secondary display after x amount of inactivity?: Hi there! Currently I have 2 display that I use for work in WFH and I would like for one of display to turn off if I’m not at the computer after 10 minutes but want the keep the other one ON forever. Is this achievable? Thanks! submitted by /u/Grapeflavor_ [link]...
  7. Monitors won't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitors won't turn off after specified time: Hello, I'm having an issue with my power settings, basically my monitors won't go to standby mode. Doesn't matter if I turn off all background apps or lock the screen, they still remain on indefinitely. I need to have this computer running 24/7 for other reasons, but I would...
  8. Display won't turn off after specified time?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display won't turn off after specified time?: My display won't turn off after specified time. I've tried many solutions given online, I've also tried troubleshooting it and it didn't do anything. Everything worked fine until I turned off my computer yesterday and back on, and it ran some updates. Very disappointed in...
  9. Laptop display won't turn off after set time in power options

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop display won't turn off after set time in power options: I have my laptop display set to turn off after 15 minutes when it's plugged in, but it never does. I've tried changing the time & it still never turns off. Is there an application that could causing this? Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Oh & I'm running Windows 10. 25634
  10. Time to turn off display not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Time to turn off display not working.: I noticed my power options only seem to work once. If i go into power settings and set it to turn the monitor off in 1 hour it will work. Once i move the mouse and turn it back on it wont work a 2nd time until i change the time to a different number like 45min. Anyone else...