Windows 10: Display won't turn off after specified time?

Discus and support Display won't turn off after specified time? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My display won't turn off after specified time. I've tried many solutions given online, I've also tried troubleshooting it and it didn't do anything.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by francocanedo, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Display won't turn off after specified time?

My display won't turn off after specified time. I've tried many solutions given online, I've also tried troubleshooting it and it didn't do anything. Everything worked fine until I turned off my computer yesterday and back on, and it ran some updates. Very disappointed in myself for letting this happen, as I know that updates always ruin everything... turning off automatic updates ASAP.

Any help? I always need to keep my computer running all night, but I want my display off, of course.

:)

francocanedo, Dec 26, 2019
  2. sisavic Win User

Display won't turn off after specified time

Display won't turn off after specified time

sisavic, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Display won't turn off after specified time

Hi Sergio,

There is an option in the Windows operating system to manage the display settings so you can put the display to sleep. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click Start, type power options and press
      Enter
    • Click Change plan settings of your current preferred plan.
    • Select your preferred time under Turn off the display and click
      Save changes.
    Let us know if you have any other questions.

Kristoffer Abs, Dec 26, 2019
  4. Display won't turn off after specified time?

Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

Display won't turn off after specified time?

1. Display won't turn off after specified time? - Similar Threads - Display won't turn

2. Monitor doesn't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor doesn't turn off after specified time: I just bought a new Windows 11 laptop, which I plan to use mostly as if it were a desktop. As I did with my old Windows 10 laptop, I used my HDMI port to connect my monitor, and I set the lid setting to do nothing when I close the lid.But I can't get the display to shut down...
  3. Monitor doesn't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor doesn't turn off after specified time: I just bought a new Windows 11 laptop, which I plan to use mostly as if it were a desktop. As I did with my old Windows 10 laptop, I used my HDMI port to connect my monitor, and I set the lid setting to do nothing when I close the lid.But I can't get the display to shut down...
  4. Windows won't turn off monitor after specified time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows won't turn off monitor after specified time: Hello,I've been to many different guides, tried many different things couldn't find the culprit. Windows won't turn off the monitor after a specified time. I haven't changed any hardware. It was working before. This a desktop PC. I don't have sleep turned on. I'm including...
  5. Display not turning off automatically at specified time

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display not turning off automatically at specified time: Hi, I am on [Version 10.0.19042.867]. This has recently started. Dispay does not turn off at all. If I go to the Power and Sleep options and specify the time, it works for the session. But the setting goes off after restart. Has anybody faced a similar situation?...
  6. Display not turning off automatically at specified time

in Windows 10 Support
    Display not turning off automatically at specified time: Hi, I am on [Version 10.0.19042.867]. This has recently started. Dispay does not turn off at all. If I go to the Power and Sleep options and specify the time, it works for the session. But the setting goes off after restart. Has anybody faced a similar situation?...
  7. Screens don't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screens don't turn off after specified time: Good evening I have a computer with Windows 10 Professional, version 20H2, compilation 19042.804, with all updates installed.It turns out that the screens don't turn off after the specified time. So far I have tried a lot of solutions. The first thing that I tried was to...
  8. Monitors won't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitors won't turn off after specified time: Hello, I'm having an issue with my power settings, basically my monitors won't go to standby mode. Doesn't matter if I turn off all background apps or lock the screen, they still remain on indefinitely. I need to have this computer running 24/7 for other reasons, but I would...
  9. Display won't turn off after any amount of time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display won't turn off after any amount of time: I want my PC to not go to sleep, but I do want the monitor to just turn off after ten minutes of idling or however long amount of time. No screen saver Sleep after: never Allow hybrid sleep: no Hibernate after: never Allow wake timers: enable Turn off display after: (any...
  10. WIN10 Screen won't turn off after specified time (SOLUTION!)

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN10 Screen won't turn off after specified time (SOLUTION!): Hey guys, I'm actually so happy right now xD cuz I finally found the solution to this annoying issue. So some time ago, I configured my screen to shut down after 1 min, but it only turned it off, it didn't lock it, which was my intention. So I went to screen saver options:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows screen wont turn off