Windows 10: Displayed shared printer names

Discus and support Displayed shared printer names in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with shared network printer. We have one Ricoh IM C4500 printer and I made different shared printers each with a specific... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RudiJetten, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Displayed shared printer names

Hello,

I have a problem with shared network printer. We have one Ricoh IM C4500 printer and I made different shared printers each with a specific configuration to choose from when you want to print: Size A4 of A3, black or color print... I made 6 shared printers on my windows 2019 server. When I install these shared printers on a Windows 10 pro client It shows the printer model name in stead of the share name, making it impossible to see what configurtion I choose. Installing the same shared printers on a Windows 7 client works perfect. On the Windows 10 client it only shows the correct name on the default printer. When I change the default printer the name changes back to the printer model name... Can anyone help me .. I have tried everything .. different driver.. switched all setting on and of for each shared printer.

Displayed shared printer names e8ff828a-b1f9-45b4-9c65-9170b4c1c06e?upload=true.jpg

Thank for any help...

Rudi

:)

RudiJetten, Jul 4, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Printer Sharing

Hi Bransby,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps

Computer you are sharing from

1. Type "Device and Printers" in the web and windows box

2. Find your printer

3. Right click on the printer

4. Select “Printer properties"

5. Click on the sharing tab

6. Check "sharing this printer"

7. Give the printer a Name

8. Click apply

Computer you are trying to share to:

1. Type "Device and Printers" in the web and windows box

2. Check for printer the devices and printers.

3. if it is not there click "add printer"

4. If the printer does not show up click “The printer that i wanted wasn't list"

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jul 4, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Displayed shared printer names

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Displayed shared printer names

1. Displayed shared printer names - Similar Threads - Displayed shared printer

2. Shared Printers with incorrect names pops up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared Printers with incorrect names pops up: Windows Server 2016 AD ServerI have imported printers into AD and then created a basic GPO for roll-out company-wide.Without realizing, the server name was missing a character.I then removed the GPO and deleted them from AD, then reimported the printers, and created a new...
  3. Shared Printers with incorrect names pops up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared Printers with incorrect names pops up: Windows Server 2016 AD ServerI have imported printers into AD and then created a basic GPO for roll-out company-wide.Without realizing, the server name was missing a character.I then removed the GPO and deleted them from AD, then reimported the printers, and created a new...
  4. Printer sharing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer sharing: So I have been having an issue for a while now with a label printer at a location that I work at. This label printer does not have an ethernet port on it so instead it is connected to one of the computers at the front desk and is shared across the network to the other...
  5. Printer sharing

Printer sharing: I have LQ 2190 shared printer after windows 10 update printer couldn't share the user "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is denined" Please assist me to solve this issue....
  6. Forward slash "/" in printer driver name and sharing

Forward slash "/" in printer driver name and sharing: This is to inform Microsoft that "names" of any printer driver for windows 10 should not include forward slash "/". Including forward slash "/" in the printer driver "name" will cause issues at sharing time from other PCs. Sharing will not possible because windows will...
  7. printer sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    printer sharing: i am unable to share drives and printers over network from win 10 pc to win 7 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-sharing/ebd345c9-6ab1-4b18-add1-9b1d0bfce2b1
  8. Printer sharing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer sharing: I have two PCs working in a Home Workgroup. When i upgraded both PCs to version 1803 i lost the ability to share the printer on PC2 with PC1. The PC1 printer could still be shared with PC2. I have struggled with this problem for several months, trying everything i could...
  9. Shared Printer

Shared Printer: With homegroup disappearing, I'm struggling to set up a shared USB printer between computers. I had previously set up a network through the wireless router, that allowed us to share the printer, but with the latest windows update, that no longer seems to work. Now when...
  10. Sharing a printer

Sharing a printer: I have a computer running windows 7 & 2 computers running windows 10 pro. At the moment one of the Windows 10 computers and the Windows 7 computer share the printer connected to the windows 10 computer via a homegroup. What I want to do is replace the Windows 10 computer...