Windows 10: displaying CR3 images

Discus and support displaying CR3 images in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I upgraded my Canon camera to a new one that takes CR3 raw images. When can I expect Windows 10 to display these files? thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FrankMH61, Jan 11, 2020.

1. FrankMH61 Win User

displaying CR3 images

Hi,

I upgraded my Canon camera to a new one that takes CR3 raw images. When can I expect Windows 10 to display these files? thanks

:)

FrankMH61, Jan 11, 2020
  2. Vivian_S Win User

New Canon RP file extension cr3 is not showing thumbnails in file explorer

Hi Beth,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to preview thumbnails of CR3 files.

The CR2 and CR3 requires additional Raw Image Extensions in order to display the thumbnails in File Explorer as well as in Photos App.

Although, there are extensions available for CR2 and other formats (Raw
    Image Extension
    ) in Microsoft Store, at the moment this does not support CR3 format.

However, you can contact
    Canon Support
    and check if there are any updated codecs for the format.

Meanwhile, you may also make use of the
    Feedback Hub
    , where you can provide feedback to Microsoft about Windows 10 and send suggestions to help us improve your Windows experience.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Jan 11, 2020
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jan 11, 2020
  4. damtachoa Win User

displaying CR3 images

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

displaying CR3 images

1. displaying CR3 images - Similar Threads - displaying CR3 images

2. Image Shortcuts in OneDrive not displaying image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image Shortcuts in OneDrive not displaying image: When creating a shortcut of a jpg file like "test.jpg" that exists in a local folder like c:\temp, then the shortcut shows the image as thumbnail a smaller image representing the original image. This is fine.When this "test.jpg" is copied to a OneDrive folder and a shortcut...
  3. Image Shortcuts in OneDrive not displaying image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image Shortcuts in OneDrive not displaying image: When creating a shortcut of a jpg file like "test.jpg" that exists in a local folder like c:\temp, then the shortcut shows the image as thumbnail a smaller image representing the original image. This is fine.When this "test.jpg" is copied to a OneDrive folder and a shortcut...
  4. Image Shortcuts in OneDrive not displaying image

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Embed Image Not Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Embed Image Not Display: Hi Everyone. I'm having embedded image LOGO in autocad format error paintbrush image. It shows BLANK WHITE in windows 11. BUT it don't have problem in windows 10. Here is my case : Microsoft Support [Case #:1033304061] - paintbrush image error.They reply to revert back to...
  6. Windows 10 issues - Thumbnail CR3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 issues - Thumbnail CR3: Hi !I have strange problem...i'm with Windows 10,i have a Canon EOS R using CR3 raw files,Windows 10 started to not showing all CR3 files in thumbnails...for example...if i have a folder with 100 pictures,it will show thumbnails only on 20-30,and when i click on the CR3...
  7. display of photo image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    display of photo image: I have catalogued my stamp collection on the Microsoft 10 operating system with the 365 upgrade.This involves capturing an image of each stamp. Most of the bmp files show the stamp image however a few of the bmp files simply show the photo symbol and not the image. Is there a...
  8. Windows Photos on Windows 10 slow on loading image orientation data on .cr3 files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Photos on Windows 10 slow on loading image orientation data on .cr3 files: I'm currently having issues with opening portrait .cr3 files on the Windows photo app. For portrait oriented photos ie. orientation set to rotate 90 degrees it loads the file as a landscape shot first at 75% size, then adjusts to the correct orientation and size with an...
  9. Canon cr2+cr3 files

Canon cr2+cr3 files: I can`t view my photos in window 10 as I only shoot raw files in camera to save space and convert to jpeg for posting on the web. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-cr2cr3-files/daec7058-3dc4-44b2-a7ab-07afa8ba0845
  10. Canon CR3 RAW FIles

Canon CR3 RAW FIles: How do I view a Canon CR3 RAW File in Windows 10 (64bit) Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-cr3-raw-files/e35f411e-8b08-4174-86d6-e90c94e2c1bc"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cr3 thumbnails