Windows 10: Displaying data where it isn't actually stored.

Discus and support Displaying data where it isn't actually stored. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running windows server 2016 on a dell desktop to server TV shows and such to the computer on the network. However, my smart TV's look for videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wolfgang R.Badenhope, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Displaying data where it isn't actually stored.

I am running windows server 2016 on a dell desktop to server TV shows and such to the computer on the network. However, my smart TV's look for videos to play in C:\users\%Nameofuser%\videos\. How can I get the data to show up here, but not have it stored there? All the data being served is on a different drive than the one that is running the OS, but it is in the physical computer.

Also, how can you change the text displayed through out windows? I personally don't like the demeanor of "You need some updates" It's rather demanding and unprofessional sounding. And the 'working on it' instead of 'Loading'

:)

Wolfgang R.Badenhope, Apr 17, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Apr 17, 2019
  4. damtachoa Win User

Displaying data where it isn't actually stored.

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Displaying data where it isn't actually stored.

1. Displaying data where it isn't actually stored. - Similar Threads - Displaying data where

2. WHERE IS THE ACTUAL PROBLEM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHERE IS THE ACTUAL PROBLEM?: SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎02-‎03-‎2023 17:19StatusReport sentProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 109Parameter 1: a39fd35bcb4055abParameter 2: b3b6dfe21dbea360Parameter 3: fffff80335009504Parameter 4: 1OS version: 10_0_22621Service Pack:...
  3. WHERE IS THE ACTUAL PROBLEM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHERE IS THE ACTUAL PROBLEM?: SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎02-‎03-‎2023 17:19StatusReport sentProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 109Parameter 1: a39fd35bcb4055abParameter 2: b3b6dfe21dbea360Parameter 3: fffff80335009504Parameter 4: 1OS version: 10_0_22621Service Pack:...
  4. Where is fast startup data stored?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is fast startup data stored?: My friend is having some problems regarding fast startup, so I wanted to know that where and in which file is the data when shutting down with fast startup is stored? The problem basically is that with fast startup enabled, Windows hangs while loading. I just want to know the...
  5. Where is fast startup data stored?

Where is fast startup data stored?: My friend is having some problems regarding fast startup, so I wanted to know that where and in which file is the data when shutting down with fast startup is stored? The problem basically is that with fast startup enabled, Windows hangs while loading. I just want to know the...
  6. Does storing too much data on the Desktop actually affect performance?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does storing too much data on the Desktop actually affect performance?: Hi. For a while I've been storing LOTS of data on my desktop (400 gb) because I set up a dedicated program files folder there as a safety realizing different backup methods don't always keep your Program files and only backup the User folder (my computer died and geek squad...
  7. Where is the data stored for the new Clipboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is the data stored for the new Clipboard?: I have been trying for a while now to locate where these items are being stored with no luck. Thanks in advance for your help! Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 151663
  8. Where are the results of "Data Usage by App" stored?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are the results of "Data Usage by App" stored?: "Data Usage Overview" has the ability to "View Usage by App" where one can see a breakdown of the amount of internet traffic that is used by each application. Can anyone tell me where this information is stored?... disk file? registry? I would like to be able to export this...
  9. Where is my Microsoft Calendar data stored?

Where is my Microsoft Calendar data stored?: I do not have an Outlook account or any other account that I sync my data from/to. I entered all the calendar data on my computer. It should not be linked to any mail account. What file is it stored in or where on my computer can I find the information? I am running Windows...
  10. Where is EXIF data stored in an image file?

Where is EXIF data stored in an image file?: Hello, There is often metadata stored with image files that are produced by digital cameras, things like camera model, GPS information, aperture size, whether the flash was on, etc. Where is this info stored? Is it in a header at the front of the file or a footer at the...