Windows 10: displaying disc content

Discus and support displaying disc content in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i am having no success at dispalying disc content when the disc is inserted into the laptop. anyone know how to get that content onto the screen? Thank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SusanGordon5, Nov 7, 2020.

1. displaying disc content

i am having no success at dispalying disc content when the disc is inserted into the laptop. anyone know how to get that content onto the screen? Thank you

:)

SusanGordon5, Nov 7, 2020
  2. mike s Win User

DVD-R disc - contents not recognized

Of course, you answered what would be my first question (are they finalized?) in your post. Your other info suggests that you know the drill, and have excluded some of the usual reasons. I suspect that your DVD recorder is producing discs that break the rules for either the Windows 10 file system drivers or your Win10 machine's DVD drive firmware, or both, in a subtle way.

I assume you are trying to import the video to your editing software.

What about trying alternate means of getting the files off the disc (ISObuster for generic optical media recovery; DVD ripping software like DVDFab, AnyDVD HD, etc). Or connect an external USB DVD drive, preferably another brand from your internal, and see if it will read the discs.

I have an ancient Panasonic standalone DVD video recorder which once produced discs that my PC could not read just as you describe. In the end I discovered that there was a formatting issue (after finalization it was writing bad blocks at the end of the disc, which fooled the PC into thinking it was unformatted). This was ultimately solved with a firmware update for the recorder. In the meantime, I used DVDFab (which bypasses CDFS rules because it must deal with copy protection schemes) to extract the contents of the disc and it allowed me to do what I wanted to.

mike s, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Windows Media Player is unable to access media contents from disc.

Hello Miriam,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Did you check if the content of the disc is visible in the File Explorer view?
    • Did you check if Windows Media Player is able to access media contents from other media devices (USB/disc)?
    • Do you receive any related error messages or is it simply unresponsive?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to place the computer in a Clean Boot state and check if there are any third party application/software to be causing the issue.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: As the article is designed for Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and Windows 7. Unlike launching step for 'System Configuration', options and steps to Clean Boot are same for Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 7, 2020
  4. displaying disc content

Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

displaying disc content

1. displaying disc content - Similar Threads - displaying disc content

2. Displaying the contents of shadow copy in the explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Displaying the contents of shadow copy in the explorer: Good day to you all.Came not so much for a solution to the question, but for information, what is the behavior of the system, when in Explorer we open the contents of the snapshot and always see a mirror of the actual contents of this or that object. I can't google the...
  3. no content on DL discs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no content on DL discs: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSD5 LV00 Hitachi DVD-Burner does not burn DL discs under Windows 11. It worked fine under Windows 10. The burn programm does its work in the usual way , but finally no content on the disk. Single layer discs no problem. No new drivers or firmware, working...
  4. no content on DL discs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no content on DL discs: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSD5 LV00 Hitachi DVD-Burner does not burn DL discs under Windows 11. It worked fine under Windows 10. The burn programm does its work in the usual way , but finally no content on the disk. Single layer discs no problem. No new drivers or firmware, working...
  5. display discs in system icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    display discs in system icons: I forgot how to display all discs icons in the system i.e. C: , D: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-discs-in-system-icons/214c7806-96b9-4d5e-bd22-e9741a4b2385"
  6. Displaying contents of OneCloud

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Displaying contents of OneCloud: how do I display contents of OneDrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/displaying-contents-of-onecloud/cb3ddfd9-ae58-4a75-a52a-6587b989c37a
  7. deleting content on a cd-r disc in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting content on a cd-r disc in windows 10?: How do I delete content on a cd-r disc? So that I can burn new music on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-content-on-a-cd-r-disc-in-windows-10/87e3d3aa-533a-4fbe-8e23-ea52c0f0d9d8"
  8. Control of display screen contents.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Control of display screen contents.: Have rolling screen up and down; jerky screen. OS win 10 with all up dates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-of-display-screen-contents/48d6a2fd-44b1-4e80-bf4b-cfb25c2965f8
  9. Edge is not displaying all content

in Browsers and Email
    Edge is not displaying all content: For the last two days when I try to open Edge it only shows the search bar and favorites. Non of the news and features photos and stories are shown. This appears to have started with the latest WU Please advise, *Huh Roger Pillow 65837
  10. DVD-R disc - contents not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD-R disc - contents not recognized: I have several DVD discs that were recorded on a standalone DVD recorder and finalized. The content of these discs is non-commercial: home movies transferred from a Mini-DV camcorder. Windows 10 shows the discs as being blank. When viewed in Disc Management, it shows the file...