Windows 10: Displaying Photos on map

Discus and support Displaying Photos on map in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a relatively easy way to display the location of a photo on a map, based on the GPS coordinated stored in the photo? I can see the coordinates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Swifty, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Swifty Win User

Displaying Photos on map

Is there a relatively easy way to display the location of a photo on a map, based on the GPS coordinated stored in the photo? I can see the coordinates in Picasa3 but getting to a location of a map is a bit of a fiddle (so far).

Ideally, I'd like the map to be either Google Maps or Google Earth, because I'm familiar with those.

If the date of the photo (or file) could also be displayed then so much the better.

I have a folder containing over 1500 photos from our recent tour of central Europe. We struggle to remember details of our holiday, and being able to trace our route from the locations and dates of the photographs would be very helpful. Especially when people ask us "what were the highlights". I can get the dates of photos easily enough, but turning them into a location is not so simple for me.

I can transfer the photos to my Android Tablet is there's a better solution there.

:)

Swifty, Jul 15, 2017

2. N8 & Maps 3.09. No photos

Hi. I have upgraded a couple of N8 (Belle) to Maps 3.09. But on one of the N8, there is no display of geo-tag photos in Maps display. There is simply no such option available to display photos. Any idea how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

optiplex330, Jul 15, 2017
  3. krizanand Win User
    krizanand, Jul 15, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Displaying Photos on map

Google Photos can handle that, research Google Photos/Backup and Sync.

Windows Live Photo Gallery maps items that have Geo tags to Bing Maps in your default browser:
    (coordinates are often inaccurate though!)

Displaying Photos on map [​IMG]

I'm not sure if Microsoft Photos/Maps has the capabilities.

Edwin, Jul 15, 2017
  5. Swifty Win User
    Windows Live Photo Gallery seems to require Windows Live, but installing that failed almost instantly.
    I was already using Google Photos to display our photos on our Chromecast/TV. I'll persevere with this.
    Thank you.

Swifty, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Displaying Photos on map

1. Displaying Photos on map - Similar Threads - Displaying Photos map

2. Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.: This is all I'm getting. So far I have Reset microsoft store; Reinstalled Microsoft maps; Enabled Location globally and for maps specifically.. Notice how I can't access any settings for downloading offline maps because they're blanked out..Any help much appreciated....
  3. Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.: This is all I'm getting. So far I have Reset microsoft store; Reinstalled Microsoft maps; Enabled Location globally and for maps specifically.. Notice how I can't access any settings for downloading offline maps because they're blanked out..Any help much appreciated....
  4. Google maps and weather maps display black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google maps and weather maps display black screen: This morning, these and other apps involving maps now show instead a black/blank area. This is on Windows 11 Home, an HP AIO PC using Intel UHD Graphics 770.Any ideas on what's going on here?...
  5. Google maps and weather maps display black screen

Google maps and weather maps display black screen: This morning, these and other apps involving maps now show instead a black/blank area. This is on Windows 11 Home, an HP AIO PC using Intel UHD Graphics 770.Any ideas on what's going on here?...
  6. MS Photos not Synchronising correctly displaying new photos for a Local Networked Mapped Drive

MS Photos not Synchronising correctly displaying new photos for a Local Networked Mapped Drive: Hi MS,I work for an organisation where we need our products to be flawless, and we're currently migrating a user to windows 10 from Windows 7.PICASA was what our clients used to use, which even google now dislikes, and tries to force towards their cloud offering. However, it...
  7. MS Photos not Synchronising correctly displaying new photos for a Local Networked Mapped Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Photos not Synchronising correctly displaying new photos for a Local Networked Mapped Drive: Hi MS,I work for an organisation where we need our products to be flawless, and we're currently migrating a user to windows 10 from Windows 7.PICASA was what our clients used to use, which even google now dislikes, and tries to force towards their cloud offering. However, it...
  8. Photos not displaying

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos not displaying: I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but in the past when looking in the Photos folder they would appear. Instead, now, something like this display:[ATTACH] May someone help me with this, please?...
  9. Photos App and Maps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos App and Maps: Been using the win10 64 bit photos app and lots of my photos have location information in them. When viewing the photos in the app, click on the "File Info" and it displays a small map with location at the left side, but, it also has under the small map "Open Map" which you...
  10. Photos not displaying

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos not displaying: Im using windows 10, i have a bunch of older photos JPEG that i can see in small and medium thumbnails perfectly, however when i open them to view in photos or view them in large thumbnails they appear with a grey or white band that covers over half the photo. Help???...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to view a large number of photos on a map in windows