Windows 10: Displaying Tags/Titles with JPG photo files

Discus and support Displaying Tags/Titles with JPG photo files in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Before Win10 I could add a tag or title to a JPG picture and have it display on screen then I displayed the pictures full screen. Now in Win10 I can... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Art45, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Art45 Win User

Displaying Tags/Titles with JPG photo files

Before Win10 I could add a tag or title to a JPG picture and have it display on screen then I displayed the pictures full screen. Now in Win10 I can add it to the details tab for the picture, but it won't show when the picture is shown full screen. Can this be done?

:)

Art45, Apr 24, 2019

2. tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 24, 2019
  3. tags and titles

Hello Angela, my name is Alexander. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you!

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents have different titles.

Title is a name of a photo or a document that gives main information about the content. So, each document has its own title. Tags are words that help in searching this specific photo or document, so each document or photo can have several tags. Tags help to
    group photos or documents together using the common information.

You might want to follow the steps to add tags or title to your photo:

Right click on the photo you want to tag.

Choose Properties

Chosse Detail tab

Find the Description section, and select tags or title

Now you can add tags and the title. Click on OK

Best regards,

Alexander B.

Alexander Bertnikov, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Displaying Tags/Titles with JPG photo files

How to display photo titles when using Photos app

Is it possible to display the photo Title information (metadata) as part of a slideshow within the Photos app?

Even the 'File information' that can be viewed using the 'right-click' option within the Photos app seems to exclude a lot of the file metadata that is visible through Windows Explorer, including useful fields such as Title and Tags, etc. Is there a reason
    for this?

Thanks

StephenMc_964, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Displaying Tags/Titles with JPG photo files

1. Displaying Tags/Titles with JPG photo files - Similar Threads - Displaying Tags Titles

2. manage photo tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    manage photo tags: How do I edit spelling of photo tags and delete unwanted ones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manage-photo-tags/41c92d35-8ee3-4207-bfb9-fe83b0f88eaa
  3. Tagging Photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tagging Photos: I have a lot of untagged photos on One Drive. Is there a way I can tag multiple photos at once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tagging-photos/35479a17-c720-4a4d-b523-f0fe2a96a375
  4. Metadata & Tags in photos

Metadata & Tags in photos: I have a folder of 250 photos with various tags applied to each of them. The photos are at full resolution. I need to down res the 250 photos and place in another folder. If I resize these photos but keep the same photo names, is it possible to copy the metadata tags and...
  5. Tagging people in photos

Tagging people in photos: I am running Windows 10 and want to tag all the people in my photos from an external hard drive. A few mug shots have shown up and I have renamed them as appropriate, however this is only a few of the hundreds of faces I have in the photos. I have linked the folders but...
  6. tags and titles

tags and titles: I know that photos have a tag and a title but I cannot tell the difference. Could you explain what the difference is. hank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tags-and-titles/cf6bf693-0f5a-4b6c-b2c7-fe9e892cb877"
  7. tags or title for pictures / photos

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    tags or title for pictures / photos: What is the difference between a tag and a title for a picture / photo and how can i learn how to use them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tags-or-title-for-pictures-photos/62b0fd54-1dec-40d2-a10d-b887dccc5ced"
  8. Adding Title/Comments/Tags to Folders + Sort in File Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding Title/Comments/Tags to Folders + Sort in File Manager: Two questions:- 1. Does anyone know of a simple method to add titles, comments, or tags, to folders in Windows 10? There was something called HobComment that worked on XP but there does not appear to be a Win10 X64 version. 2. Is it possible to have File Manager...
  9. Printing a JPG photo

in Windows 10 Support
    Printing a JPG photo: I have Windows 10 and have a photo in my pictures folder in jpg format. There is no icon on that screen enabling me to print that photo. How to do it? 41412
  10. JPG files are Photo after Creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    JPG files are Photo after Creators update: I want JPEG file to be recognized as JPEG not as Photo after creators update, but I do want to keep "photo" as standard program to open. Robby 81436