Windows 10: Displaying Windows side by side How?

Discus and support Displaying Windows side by side How? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a large screen monitor which is wide enough and high enough to display 2 A4 size sheets in portrait orientation side by side. I have just moved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MacNala, May 24, 2016.

1. MacNala Win User

Displaying Windows side by side How?

I have a large screen monitor which is wide enough and high enough to display 2 A4 size sheets in portrait orientation side by side.
    I have just moved to Windows 10 with this machine and it refuses to position two windows in this manner. I have been using the task bar, right clicking and select Show windows side by side. What happens is that the two windows form the left most 2/3 of the screen side by side, but not fully occupying the screen area.
    Can it be done?

:)

MacNala, May 24, 2016

2. Side By Side Config Error side-by-side

Hi,

There are several reasons why your system would crush at a certain time, in this case some of the components of the game is corrupted or the drivers of your PC needs to be updated.
    To isolate the issue, here is a link on
    how to download and use the Apps Troubleshooter.

Don't forget to let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, May 24, 2016
  3. Side By Side Config Error side-by-side

Thank you for your response. Here are 2 more methods to troubleshoot Config Error:

Method 1:

Here is a
    link
    on how to perform a clean boot in Windows.

Method 2:

Here is a
    link
    on how to make programs to be compatible on version of Windows.

Update us if the issue persists.

Jomari Arc, May 24, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, May 24, 2016
  5. Try dragging one window to the left of the screen and the other window to the right of the screen - that should present the layout you want.

Slartybart, May 25, 2016
  6. MacNala Win User
    If you mean drag do you mean using a touch screen. If not where do you drag?
    It is not a touch screen. Would I have to do this every time?
    I was accustomed in Win 7 to click the button on the right click taskbar menu for Show windows side by side.

MacNala, May 25, 2016
  7. Fafhrd Win User
    Drag the title bar of the window until the pointer meets the side of the screen.

Fafhrd, May 25, 2016
  8. Displaying Windows side by side How?

Change the focus (select) the Window you want half screen. Then press the Windows logo key *Start and the left or right arrow key. That will snap it to the left or right side of the screen. Then select the other window and snap it to the other side.
    Holding down the *Start and pressing the arrow key twice will move the window from side to side and monitor to monitor. Up arrow will make it full screen again.

alphanumeric, May 25, 2016
  9. MacNala Win User
    I understand but why does the "Show windows side by side" option not work in the right-click taskbar dropdown not work.
    I also read up on window snapping, another thing I had never ever seen. Seems to have come in with Win 8 and is improved in Win 10.

MacNala, May 25, 2016
  10. I don't know? Show side by side kind of works for me, they are side by side, but they are weird sizes? Snap showed up in Windows 8, and has gotten better in Windows 10. I use it occasionally, not often but occasionally. On my laptop mostly. I run triple screens on my desktop PC.

alphanumeric, May 25, 2016
  11. I find snap easier to use since I often have many windows open at a time and don't want all open windows to be side-by-side, just the two I'm focused on at the moment.

There might be some 3rd party software helping
    See if Troubleshooting with a Clean Boot resolves the issue.

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Displaying Windows side by side How? - Similar Threads - Displaying side side

2. How to correct the side-by-side configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to correct the side-by-side configuration: I'm not able to open Microsoft Edge - get the message "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect..." I went to settings and "repaired" Edge, as directed, but that did not fix the problem....
  3. How to correct the side-by-side configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to correct the side-by-side configuration: I'm not able to open Microsoft Edge - get the message "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect..." I went to settings and "repaired" Edge, as directed, but that did not fix the problem....
  4. How to correct side-by-side configuration?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to correct side-by-side configuration?: I am going bananas trying to resolve this 'side-by-side configuration is incorrect' error. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. I downloaded the C++ registry and I am also unable to install it and I am unable to...
  5. How to correct side-by-side configuration?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to correct side-by-side configuration?: I am going bananas trying to resolve this 'side-by-side configuration is incorrect' error. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. I downloaded the C++ registry and I am also unable to install it and I am unable to...
  6. Why does "Show windows side by side" sometimes display windows in a grid, and NOT side by...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does "Show windows side by side" sometimes display windows in a grid, and NOT side by...: When I have a few windows open and I right click the task bar and select "Show windows side by side" like this: [ATTACH] The screenshot below is not the result I expect, but it's what often happens: [ATTACH] It doesn't happen all of the time. Sometimes the windows...
  7. "Show windows side by side"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Show windows side by side": "Show windows side by side" putting two or more windows side-by-side on the screen, but stacking them. Obvious error. Is there a fix to this? If so,, how do I get access to this fix? If not, when could I expect a fix? I used "Show windows side by side" frequently in...
  8. Side by side not displaying or working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Side by side not displaying or working: Windows 1903 side by side and stacked does not display and will not function. This occurred all of a sudden after working. 138903
  9. show windows side-by-side

show windows side-by-side: When I right click on the taskbar and then click on "Show windows side by side" it only shows the windows vertically side by side and not horizontally. I can drag the window edges to get them side by side, but that is a pain in the neck. How do I get them side by side...
  10. Side by side windows

Side by side windows: How can I open 2 windows side by side? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/side-by-side-windows/29ab9fb4-4bcf-43d4-a6d5-2db416bef5a0