Windows 10: Displaying wrong account and security settings not working

Discus and support Displaying wrong account and security settings not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've been struggling with this issue. It's been a week or so since I changed my primary alias in my Microsoft account, but then I decided to change it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BrokenAccountPlsHelp, May 12, 2020.

1. Displaying wrong account and security settings not working

I've been struggling with this issue.

It's been a week or so since I changed my primary alias in my Microsoft account, but then I decided to change it back to the first I had in use. After that, all my PC account settings and info displayed the wrong data: first, my user name disappeared; the email attached to my PC admin account still displayed the alias I assigned before changing it to the first I had for example, it displayed "email 2" instead of "email 1" in Account>Your Info, and also in the PC Sign-in screen; for last, my PIN was removed and can no longer be added as a Sign-in option, every time I try to add a PIN it shows a message that says "We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later.".

In contrast to the data displayed in my PC, all my Microsoft account info seems to be right but only in the Microsoft web page.

Thanks for the help beforehand.

:)

BrokenAccountPlsHelp, May 12, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, May 12, 2020
  3. The security account manager (SAM) or local security authority (LSA) server was in the wrong state to perform the security operation.

Hi Dinny,

Error "The security account manager (SAM) or local security authority (LSA) server was in the wrong state to perform the security operation" may occur due to a system file corruption. For us to properly
    assist you, provide more information by answering these questions:

• May we know what prompted you to install UC browser?
    • Are you using a local or Microsoft account to sign in on your computer?
    • Aside from using Malwarebytes Adwcleaner, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

Your reply is highly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 12, 2020
  4. Displaying wrong account and security settings not working

Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Displaying wrong account and security settings not working

1. Displaying wrong account and security settings not working - Similar Threads - Displaying wrong account

2. Security settings microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security settings microsoft account: We need some help resolving an issue. My Son's Microsoft account only had one security device. His old phone number.He now has a different phone number so we tried to change the security information.We have added his g-mail account as an alternative and offcourse also want to...
  3. Security settings microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security settings microsoft account: We need some help resolving an issue. My Son's Microsoft account only had one security device. His old phone number.He now has a different phone number so we tried to change the security information.We have added his g-mail account as an alternative and offcourse also want to...
  4. My setting is displaying everything wrong...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My setting is displaying everything wrong...: I have absolutely no idea why it become like this, in pictures shown. Anyone have any idea how to fix it? Cuz I just can't search and found anyone who had the same case as mine......
  5. My setting is displaying everything wrong...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My setting is displaying everything wrong...: I have absolutely no idea why it become like this, in pictures shown. Anyone have any idea how to fix it? Cuz I just can't search and found anyone who had the same case as mine......
  6. Display Settings Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Settings Not Working: Help Display settings isn't working at all it worked before but now it doesn't I have tried sfc \scannow and creating a new user but still nothing works all it does is open settings and show me the blue window with a gear when i try to open it from settings it gets stuck and...
  7. PC set up with wrong Microsoft account

PC set up with wrong Microsoft account: Hi, My mum was trying to set up her new computer (Windows 10) and created a Microsoft account (not local). Then she realised that she could not log on to the computer and from what I could gather (I'm helping her remotely as I'm working overseas), I believe that she must...
  8. Display settings not working

Display settings not working: hi i have a problem with windows on my imac. It is stuck on portrait and wont change back how do i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-settings-not-working/9af5e806-21a5-4c5b-8a0c-2363fd6f3599
  9. Display Settings not working

Display Settings not working: So my computer screen is always unnecessarily bright, and today I went to turn down my brightness, and I can't. The brightness setting doesn't show up under the display settings section, so I can't turn it down. And the settings help and Cortana have told me I can't do...
  10. Setting App "System" menu displaying the wrong text.

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting App "System" menu displaying the wrong text.: Hi all, I'm seeing the following issue on Windows 10 Enterprise 1607. As you can see from the screen shot the "System" menu in the Settings App is being displayed wrongly. The 2nd screen shot shows a correct menu: Broken_Menu [img] Normal_Menu [img] We're...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i set up acer new laptop with incorrect microsoft account