Windows 10: DisplayLink Manager application high cpu usage when connect to docking

Discus and support DisplayLink Manager application high cpu usage when connect to docking in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all.. i don't know where this issue come from. This problem happens on my DELL XPS 13 QHD 2015. anytime i am plugging my laptop to my DELL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Yax1, May 5, 2016.

1. Yax1 Win User

DisplayLink Manager application high cpu usage when connect to docking

Hi all..
    i don't know where this issue come from.
    This problem happens on my DELL XPS 13 QHD 2015.

anytime i am plugging my laptop to my DELL D3100 USB 3 docking station and watching a movie through YouTube or anything else(like VLC and MediaPlayer) i experience high CPU usage that come from Displaylink Manager Application service - it goes around 56-80% of usage and my laptops fan going crazy and very noisy..
    i also checked with CPU ID and found out that my CPU temperature goes up to 97-103 Celsius.

does anyone had this issue before and know what to do?

i am really frustrated cause i am a student and i just can't watch my classes (playbacks) through my second screen (27" Full HD Screen) which is much more convenient.

Thanks a lot for your help *Smile.

edited: i have the latest driver according to DisplayLink website.

:)

Yax1, May 5, 2016

2. Audio not working through a docking station

Identical problem. Dell XPS 13", Windows 10, All updates applied, DisplayLink Manager v 7.0.630, Dell branded DisplayLink docking station with Plantronix Savi W740. Headset works fine when connected directly to USB port on laptop, but not through the
    DisplayLink docking station. When is Microsoft going to fix this? It worked fine on WIndows 8.1 prior to the Windows 10 upgrade.

Ken_PeckERAU, May 5, 2016
  3. TomGurgui Win User
    Surface Pro 4 Display Scaling issues with IE11 (Not Edge) & Skype for Business

I had this same problem with my brand new Surface Pro 4 when docked to multiple monitors. Outlook, Excel, Word and Skype worked well; but PowerPoint, Internet Explorer and Skype for Business apps had poor resolution (the header / ribbon font size was enormous).

I rectified this today by uninstalling the DisplayLink drivers, then rebooting the Surface and reinstalling the DisplayLink drivers. Now all of my applications appear correctly when docked with multiple monitors.

TomGurgui, May 5, 2016
  4. pete1208 Win User

My experience has been that display link software causes more problems than it solves. The way it captures video eats CPU. (Very bad when gaming too). I uninstalled it and got a mini-display port to DVI cable instead. Problem solved.

pete1208, May 8, 2016
  5. Yax1 Win User
    I see... thanks.
    I am still looking for some other solution that will allow me to use the docking through hdmi, it's because I want to have two screens connected..
    anyone else???

Yax1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. DisplayLink Manager application high cpu usage when connect to docking - Similar Threads - DisplayLink Manager application

2. noticing high CPU usage in the task manager when it is idle...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    noticing high CPU usage in the task manager when it is idle...: Hello Microsoft. I have Windows 10 Pro 21H2 installed on hp ProBook 450 G4. I am noticing high CPU usage in the task manager when it is idle, or when i'm not doing CPU intensive task, like browsing, text editing, etc. When I change focus to task manager, everything cools...
  3. Cpu Usage high when opening task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cpu Usage high when opening task manager: Hello Microsoft Community, recently my pc has started to have a 1 second spike when opening programms. I dont think if downloaded any malware, because ive just been playing games like i normally do. I found out that when i disable all microsoft services in msconfig, my pc...
  4. Cpu Usage high when opening task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cpu Usage high when opening task manager: Hello Microsoft Community, recently my pc has started to have a 1 second spike when opening programms. I dont think if downloaded any malware, because ive just been playing games like i normally do. I found out that when i disable all microsoft services in msconfig, my pc...
  5. Cpu Usage high when opening task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Connected to internet CPU usage High

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected to internet CPU usage High: When I connected my pc to internet, My CPU goes to 99%.I disable most of the start up application.During connecting to internet,it shows antimalware service causing high power usage.I disable some windows defender function like-Cloud Delivered Protection,Automatic Sample...
  7. Connected to internet CPU usage High

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected to internet CPU usage High: When I connected my pc to internet, My CPU goes to 99%.I disable most of the start up application.During connecting to internet,it shows antimalware service causing high power usage.I disable some windows defender function like-Cloud Delivered Protection,Automatic Sample...
  8. High CPU usage displayed when task manager is opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU usage displayed when task manager is opened: After updating to windows 11, I am often noticing the CPU usage displayed as 100% as soon as I opened the task manager. I have reported it on the feedback hub a few months ago, but not yet received a proper fix even after an official response stating - "Thank you for taking...
  9. Task Manager high CPU usage right when it's opened.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task Manager high CPU usage right when it's opened.: So lately i've been extremely paranoid about my computer having malware. It doesnt according to the many scans of Avast, windows defender, and malwarebytes Though I have noticed that everytime I open up task manager, for about a second I see i'm at 100% CPU usage this is...
  10. High CPU usage when opening task manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High CPU usage when opening task manager: Hey, so as said in the title, my CPU usage is unusually high when I open task manager. After about a second, the CPU usage starts dropping down to around 5%. I've ran malwarebytes multiple times, but the issue still persists. I would like to avoid resetting my PC if possible....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop cpu with displaylink

2. display link driver high cpu

3. display link causing cpu spike

4. display link manager high cpu,
  5. displaylink consuming cpu,
  6. displaylink interrupts,
  7. displaylink driver usage,
  8. displaylink using all cpu,
  9. displaylink process in task manager,
  10. display link high cpu,
  11. can a docking station cause cpu spikes,