Windows 10: Displayport Adaptor once plug in, wifi is disconnected.

Discus and support Displayport Adaptor once plug in, wifi is disconnected. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok, So Im trying to run a second monitor so I bought a display-port adapter. Now as soon as it's plug it in, the internet is cutt. No idea why, I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KylerBracey, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Displayport Adaptor once plug in, wifi is disconnected.

Ok, So Im trying to run a second monitor so I bought a display-port adapter. Now as soon as it's plug it in, the internet is cutt. No idea why, I just spend hours trying to figure out why and install drivers and playing around to only find out it's some poorly coded part of windows conflicting with the adapter. Please advise as the threads I have read look like they were answer by a bot and not someone who can even read the posts.

:)

KylerBracey, Nov 22, 2019

2. Cannot install Windows 10 due to wifi adaptor

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for posting your response.

As you have stated that your computer is stuck in the splash screen after the first boot, I would suggest that you power down your computer and then restart the system and check. To do so follow the steps below.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

if you roll back to the previous Window, you can also try to install the latest drivers for your wifi adaptor and check if it helps you proceed with the installation. The above issue that you are facing is due to the wifi adaptor, and I recommend that
    you contact the manufacturer of the device that is Broadcom to check for compatibility.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 22, 2019
  3. USB WiFi adaptor

Ah yes, the famous Windows 10 USB WIFI adaptor driver issue. You could try unzipping the drivers and from device manager selecting "have disk" and pointing to the inf file. But I have my doubts for success from posts like this:

Displayport Adaptor once plug in, wifi is disconnected. [​IMG]

F5D8053N - Windows 10 - Belkin Community

I currently have a desktop MB that has wifi on the chip and this solved my USB wifi problems once and for all. You can check this thread when I had a similar problem (post 15).
    Solved USB Wi-Fi adapter not showing on tray - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

The D Link DWA-182 firmware C worked for me in Windows 10. You have to make sure you have the revision C model (not A). However, even with that there were issues. Windows 10 recognized it as the realtek (chip) drivers. To get the D link drivers showing up (and working) in Windows 10 I had to extract the drivers and point to them in device manager. Then they installed and I didn't have disconnect issues after that (well, most of the time).

You could try this D Link one but make sure your store has a return policy just in case. Otherwise I would suggest a search on all the adaptor manufacturers (Asus, etc) to see if their model actually has a Windows 10 driver to download. If they don't, good possibility there will be an issue.

specialkone, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Displayport Adaptor once plug in, wifi is disconnected.

wifi disconnecting

Dear Sirs,

Relative to WIFI issues or WIFI disconnects after the Windows Creators update , I notice that the update CHANGED WHICH WIFI ADAPTOR MY SYSTEM WAS USING.

I had purchased an external USB NETGEAR AC1200 adaptor to solve previous and similar Windows 10 WIFI issues, but the Creators Update had changed my enabled and selected WIFI adaptor back to the original Dell built in wifi adaptor that has always had problems
    with Windows 10.

So I am very sure this is my only problem, and I have once again disabled the Dell wifi adaptor, and reselected my newer Netgear AC1200 adaptor external USB Wifi adaptor.

Hope this helps some people.

Jay DeArmond

jaybird_886, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Displayport Adaptor once plug in, wifi is disconnected.

1. Displayport Adaptor once plug in, wifi is disconnected. - Similar Threads - Displayport Adaptor once

2. WiFi Disconnect If When A Portable HDD Is Plugged In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Disconnect If When A Portable HDD Is Plugged In: What happened:Every time I plugged my USB HDD to the PC, the WiFi disconnects and wouldn't reconnect again even if I turn on and off the WiFi from Windows AND unplug then plug in the WiFi module again until I unplug the HDD.My USB WiFi :...
  3. W10 disconnects WiFi when ethernet is plugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 disconnects WiFi when ethernet is plugged: Hello,We have problem on Windows 10. When we connect ethernet cable, the WiFi automatically disable WiFi adapter. We try to connect but it only works 5 seconds. We checked BIOS, properities of adapters also try to update and rollback them, check registry and GPO, and nothing...
  4. AC adaptor plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AC adaptor plugged in but not charging: Hi, my surface laptop seems to be having some charging issues. When I plug in the adaptor, it says '...% available plugged in' but it doesn't necessarily charge my device and stays at the same % as it is. I've tried running troubleshoot, also looking at device manager and...
  5. Wifi auto disconnect after plug in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi auto disconnect after plug in: Hi, I have a question here. The problem I have encountered is some what weird. When my laptop is on battery mode, everything works fine but after I plug in to charge my laptop, then I cant connect my wifi anymore and I have to restart to solve the problem. I have just...
  6. Cheap DisplayPort to HDMI adaptors?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Cheap DisplayPort to HDMI adaptors?: I just bought a new Games PC the other day and decided to invest in a cheap bootleg DisplayPort to HDMI adaptor so I could connect it to my TV as well, and this was working great for a while until it didn't and now I'm worried I might have fried the DisplayPorts on my...
  7. Wifi Adaptor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Adaptor: I have a windows 10 laptop HP that when i plug a USB programming cable in the WIFI adaptor disables. The cable connects to a radio which has an IP address but i have used it fine before with WIFI. Now its treating the cable like its a ethernet cable. Thanks Mike...
  8. Wifi disconnects when plugged in but not on battery

Wifi disconnects when plugged in but not on battery: I can connect my laptop to the router with a cable and there are no problems. If I use WiFi there are sometimes drops. I run the troubleshooter and that will fix it for a while. If my laptop was plugged in to battery, I can unplug it and the problem goes away. I have two...
  9. WiFi disconnects when ethernet is plugged in

WiFi disconnects when ethernet is plugged in: Hello, we have problem on Windows 10. When we connect ethernet cable, the WiFi automatically disable WiFi adapter. We checked BIOS, properities of adapters, check presence of third party programs and nothing is set wrong to do that. It started doing after Windows 10 update on...
  10. wifi adaptor

wifi adaptor: i just bought my laptop, sometimes the internet error when it's pluged in, what happen?, is it my software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wifi-adaptor/c7aeccaa-47bb-4235-8c69-d6c1ac9f915d