Windows 10: DisplayPort audio issue with Windows 10

Discus and support DisplayPort audio issue with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using a Surface Pro 2. After my upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I'm not getting any audio out from the DisplayPort. I use DisplayPort to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by entant, Feb 16, 2016.

1. entant Win User

DisplayPort audio issue with Windows 10

I'm using a Surface Pro 2. After my upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I'm not getting any audio out from the DisplayPort.

I use DisplayPort to HDMI to a receiver. I've upgraded to the latest RealTek audio drivers, but it's not helping. Could there be a different driver issue at play?

Any suggestions appreciated.

:)

entant, Feb 16, 2016
  2. PMP8498 Win User

Digital Audio (HDMI) is permanently muted.

I do not hear audio from my PC speakers or TV speakers when connected from the PC (EliteBook 2540P) via HDMI to the TV when using Skype, also cannot hear audio (mic works) on a WebEx - keep in mind this is an HP laptop using DisplayPort with an HDMI converter.
    Speakers work fine for other applications and I can output audio to TV if it is YouTube or other videos with the same DisplayPort to HDMI connection.

I have the IDT High Definition Audio Codec installed, v. 10.0.10240.16384. Intel(R) HD Graphics driver, v. 8.15.10.2900. Windows 10.

The IDT HD Sound Audio Control Panel lets me control all of the parameters with the exception of the Digital Audio (HDMI) selection which is Muted (red button) and will not let me unmute.

This is the first time trying Skype and WebEx on this PC so I cannot relate this issue to previous codecs or versions.

Any ideas how to get Digital Audio (HDMI) enabled?

PMP8498, Feb 16, 2016
  3. PC with Dual Displayport output with two TVs plugged in can only get Audio to output on one of the TVs?

Thank you for your input. I'd still like to figure this one out, as we may run into this on other standard PC implementations. It could be any HDMI or Displayport output device....a monitor with built in sound, etc. The Question is can you output audio
    to two different devices when you have 2X Displayport or HDMI output graphics card. Windows does not appear to have an option for more then one audio output. Someone has to have run into this?!

Jim Landley, Feb 16, 2016
  4. DisplayPort audio issue with Windows 10

Right-click on your volume icon and click playback devices. Ensure it's selected.

samsonbiatch, Feb 18, 2016
  5. entant Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've confirmed that the correct playback device is selected, but it makes no difference.

entant, Feb 19, 2016
  6. batlhilz Win User
    have you checked that your DP is DP++ as in capable of pushing out audio? if you got some reaally old DP-HDMI cable or adapter, might be that it hasnt got that ++ qualification

batlhilz, Feb 20, 2016
  7. entant Win User
    The same cables were working fine when I was using Windows 8.1. So it doesn't seem to be a hardware issue.

entant, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

DisplayPort audio issue with Windows 10

1. DisplayPort audio issue with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - DisplayPort audio issue

2. No audio coming from DisplayPort.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio coming from DisplayPort.: I've got headphones connected to my monitor, which has been working fine. But when I switched my monitor's connection from HDMI to DP DisplayPort, I lost audio. My monitor is connected to my Nvidia graphics card, and it's recognizing it as an audio output source, but there's...
  3. No audio coming from DisplayPort.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio coming from DisplayPort.: I've got headphones connected to my monitor, which has been working fine. But when I switched my monitor's connection from HDMI to DP DisplayPort, I lost audio. My monitor is connected to my Nvidia graphics card, and it's recognizing it as an audio output source, but there's...
  4. No audio through DisplayPort

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio through DisplayPort: More specific:-My laptop is HP Folio 9470m, running Windows 10 22H2. There is no HDMI but DiplayPort on this device. Other video output is VGA.-I connect it through a DP to HDMI adapter, then to HDMI cable to the TV. There is video appear, but audio still only laptop built-in...
  5. No audio through DisplayPort

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio through DisplayPort: More specific:-My laptop is HP Folio 9470m, running Windows 10 22H2. There is no HDMI but DiplayPort on this device. Other video output is VGA.-I connect it through a DP to HDMI adapter, then to HDMI cable to the TV. There is video appear, but audio still only laptop built-in...
  6. No audio through DisplayPort

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Fix DisplayPort No signal issue on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix DisplayPort No signal issue on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Occasionally, on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC for some users, you may encounter issues like Generic PnP Monitor not detected, External monitor not detected, Stretched Screen display problem, 144Hz option not showing up in Display options. In this post, we provide...
  8. DisplayPort Monitor issues

DisplayPort Monitor issues: Hello, I have two Samsung Monitors connected to my PC. One monitor uses HDMI and I have the second connected to DisplayPort both streaming 1080p. My issue is that after shutting my computer down, the monitor connected to the DisplayPort does not end up being recognized...
  9. Bootcamp Windows 10 Issues with External Monitor on DisplayPort

Bootcamp Windows 10 Issues with External Monitor on DisplayPort: I am running a MacBook Pro 2016 on Windows 10 BootCamp and am having issues connecting to my external display Sceptre C27. I know the issue is not with the cable because I have tried two new USB C - DP cables. On Bootcamp, HDMI works perfectly fine and on Mac, the monitor...
  10. DisplayPort issues...

DisplayPort issues...: So recently, I received my brand new MSI RX 580 and after installing everything, I immediately started playing. At first, there weren't any issues but the next day Display Port was working very well in the sense that I had to restart my monitor many times so that it would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. displayport audio windows 10

2. audio issue displayport

3. any audio from displayport?

4. audio display port 10 issues,
  5. win10 installation problem with displayport cable,
  6. issues with displayport on win 10 pro,
  7. windows 10 displayport audio muted