Windows 10: DisplayPort audio not appearing in device manager

Discus and support DisplayPort audio not appearing in device manager in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 with 2x HP S240uj monitors with built-in B&O speakers.Up until two weeks ago I was running audio through one of the monitor speakers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NW_187, Nov 25, 2021.

1. NW_187 Win User

DisplayPort audio not appearing in device manager

Running Windows 10 with 2x HP S240uj monitors with built-in B&O speakers.Up until two weeks ago I was running audio through one of the monitor speakers via DisplayPort connection. I could see both monitors as output audio devices in both sound settings and device manager, and could switch between them and the default PC speakers. Now, both monitor audio sources are gone. Only the PC speakers appear as an output device. No amount of restarting or playing with settings on the monitors has helped.Any assistance would be appreciated.

:)

NW_187, Nov 25, 2021
  2. entant Win User

DisplayPort audio issue with Windows 10

I'm using a Surface Pro 2. After my upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I'm not getting any audio out from the DisplayPort.

I use DisplayPort to HDMI to a receiver. I've upgraded to the latest RealTek audio drivers, but it's not helping. Could there be a different driver issue at play?

Any suggestions appreciated.

entant, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Nov 25, 2021
  4. DisplayPort audio not appearing in device manager

port COM and LPT in the Devices Manager are not appearing

Hi Luis,

I suggest you follow the steps to check for hidden devices, and check if it helps.

1.Press Windows + X and click on Device Manager.

2.Click on View menu and select Show hidden devices. See if this helps in getting the ports to list.

3. Expand the Ports under device manager. Uninstall any entries which appear grayed out, then restart.

4. Right-click your computer name in Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes. Device manager scans your system and automatically reinstalls your device.

If the issue persists, then I recommend you to install the latest drivers for your motherboard.

Do let us know the result.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

DisplayPort audio not appearing in device manager

1. DisplayPort audio not appearing in device manager - Similar Threads - DisplayPort audio appearing

2. No audio through DisplayPort

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio through DisplayPort: More specific:-My laptop is HP Folio 9470m, running Windows 10 22H2. There is no HDMI but DiplayPort on this device. Other video output is VGA.-I connect it through a DP to HDMI adapter, then to HDMI cable to the TV. There is video appear, but audio still only laptop built-in...
  3. No audio through DisplayPort

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio through DisplayPort: More specific:-My laptop is HP Folio 9470m, running Windows 10 22H2. There is no HDMI but DiplayPort on this device. Other video output is VGA.-I connect it through a DP to HDMI adapter, then to HDMI cable to the TV. There is video appear, but audio still only laptop built-in...
  4. No audio through DisplayPort

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver isn't Appearing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver isn't Appearing in Device Manager: Recently my computer had froze because of high CPU usage I was running multiple instances of a game for testing and I shrugged it off after pressing the power button and turning it on again, only to find out my audio stopped working, along with the Realtek HD Audio Manager....
  6. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver isn't Appearing in Device Manager

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver isn't Appearing in Device Manager: Recently my computer had froze because of high CPU usage I was running multiple instances of a game for testing and I shrugged it off after pressing the power button and turning it on again, only to find out my audio stopped working, along with the Realtek HD Audio Manager....
  7. DisplayPort audio not appearing in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DisplayPort audio not appearing in device manager: Running Windows 10 with 2x HP S240uj monitors with built-in B&O speakers.Up until two weeks ago I was running audio through one of the monitor speakers via DisplayPort connection. I could see both monitors as output audio devices in both sound settings and device manager, and...
  8. DisplayPort audio not appearing in device manager

DisplayPort audio not appearing in device manager: Running Windows 10 with 2x HP S240uj monitors with built-in B&O speakers.Up until two weeks ago I was running audio through one of the monitor speakers via DisplayPort connection. I could see both monitors as output audio devices in both sound settings and device manager, and...
  9. No audio device in device manager

No audio device in device manager: I bought a cheap Dell Optiplex desktop PC for my mum to watch Netflix on her TV, it has SSD and HDMI out, so I thought it'll do the job she needs it for. I bought it off ebay a couple of months ago, but was so busy working, I'm only just plugging it in now, so probably too...
  10. Windows 10 Audio Drivers not installing/appearing on device manager - No Audio output...

Windows 10 Audio Drivers not installing/appearing on device manager - No Audio output...: Well to start off, I have been having this problem for about 2 weeks now. I am currently having a large 'x' on my speaker icon, and I believed I have tried every trick in the book, from re-installing drivers from the motherboard's manufacturer website to actually...