Windows 10: DisplayPort behaves like it's been disconnected for a split-second after waking from sleep,...

Discus and support DisplayPort behaves like it's been disconnected for a split-second after waking from sleep,... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am not the first person to have this problem, but solutions I've found in other threads did not work for me. I have several monitors, and just added... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/preciouslemon, May 27, 2020.

1. DisplayPort behaves like it's been disconnected for a split-second after waking from sleep,...

I am not the first person to have this problem, but solutions I've found in other threads did not work for me.

I have several monitors, and just added a new DisplayPort one to use as Primary. If I manually power off/sleep my PC, no problems with windows/display arrangement. If I let the screen turn off with "turn screen off after x minutes of inactivity", when I wake it up there's a quick graphical glitch/flash, and any windows on the DisplayPort monitor are moved to another screen. Inconvenient!

I think the HDMI/DVI connections wake up instantly, while the DisplayPort monitor takes a split-second longer. So it thinks I disconnected the Primary while asleep, it sets another screen to be Primary and moves all my windows, then it registers the DisplayPort as reconnected an instant later and resets that to be Primary, but doesn't move my windows back. DisplayPort behaves like it's been disconnected for a split-second after waking from sleep,... :mad:

My connections, GPU: EVGA 1070Ti SC (no Nvidia driver updates available):

• Displayport 144hz (Primary) (into GPU)
    • HDMI 60hz (into GPU)
    • DVI 60hz (into GPU)
    • DVI 60hz (into mobo, intergrated graphics, I don't think this monitor is relevant to the problem)

If there's no legitimate fix, there's 3rd Party software that should work but I'd rather not run additional software: https://www.ninjacrab.com/persistent-windows/

Registry Edit things I've tried that didn't work:

• "TMM fix", this regedit folder doesn't exist with my current Win 10 install.
    • Checking resolutions for active size/prim surf size keys, they were correct. Located at: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration.
    • Deleting all entries from \GraphicsDrivers\Configuration and \GraphicsDrivers\Connectivity, and restarting PC.

Thank you for any help! There's so many threads of people with the same problem, I can't believe Microsoft hasn't fixed this common DisplayPort annoyance. People have been having this problem for 5+ years.

Related threads:

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsuppor...0_isnt_saving_window_positions_for_secondary/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5jlk82/how_to_prevent_windows_from_rearranging_when/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/8jby81/windows_10_sleeps_display_and_all_open_programs/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dedsgm/how_to_prevent_windows_from_resizingmoving/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/36gb6z/windows_is_always_resizing_my_windows/

https://superuser.com/questions/453446/how-can-i-stop-windows-re-positioning-after-waking-from-sleep

submitted by /u/preciouslemon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/preciouslemon, May 27, 2020
  2. ajcarb329 Win User

Displayport computer not fully sleeping or waking up

Hi - I have 2 monitors. when I connect them via HDMI it is fine (but my graphics card only has 1 HDMI). It has 3 display ports so I am trying to use those. when I try to connect the displayports it works fine but then when you sleep the computer it doesn't
    fully sleep (the LEDs remain on but all the fans and everything stop) and when you try and wake it, it will not wake up.

However, when you sleep it and then unplug the displayport connections it goes fully to sleep (lights go off) and you can wake it up again.

Any ideas how to fix?

ajcarb329, May 27, 2020
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, May 27, 2020
  4. DisplayPort behaves like it's been disconnected for a split-second after waking from sleep,...

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 27, 2020
Thema:

DisplayPort behaves like it's been disconnected for a split-second after waking from sleep,...

1. DisplayPort behaves like it's been disconnected for a split-second after waking from sleep,... - Similar Threads - DisplayPort behaves been

2. Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From Sleep: Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From SleepI have dual monitors and I extend them, however, every time my computer wakes from sleep, the second monitor loses signal and I have to restart the computer. I tried to go to display and extend it again, but it won't work. I...
  3. Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From Sleep: Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From SleepI have dual monitors and I extend them, however, every time my computer wakes from sleep, the second monitor loses signal and I have to restart the computer. I tried to go to display and extend it again, but it won't work. I...
  4. Wifi keeps disconnecting after waking PC from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi keeps disconnecting after waking PC from sleep mode.: Hi, every so often, my PC will experience this issue were it won't detect my wifi. The only solution to this issue so far has been to reset my modem, which can be difficult due to the positioning of it. I know this issue has to do with my PC as no other devices in the house...
  5. Wifi keeps disconnecting after waking PC from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi keeps disconnecting after waking PC from sleep mode.: Hi, every so often, my PC will experience this issue were it won't detect my wifi. The only solution to this issue so far has been to reset my modem, which can be difficult due to the positioning of it. I know this issue has to do with my PC as no other devices in the house...
  6. Wifi keeps disconnecting after waking PC from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Second monitor not waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Second monitor not waking up from sleep: Hey there,I have a problem with my dual monitor setup and the problem is that my second monitors seems to have a problem with waking up from sleep mode. Primary monitor doesn't have this issue, which makes me kinda confused.The monitors are use Asus ProArt PA278QV, they both...
  8. Windows 10 disconnects Wi-Fi after waking from sleep

Windows 10 disconnects Wi-Fi after waking from sleep: I unchecked the "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power" option beside all Wi-Fi adapters in the Device Manager yet it still happens. Any reply is appreciated!...
  9. DisplayPort monitor disconnects when waking

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DisplayPort monitor disconnects when waking: I recently upgraded to a new monitor (MSI Optix G271) and wanted to take advantage of the 144Hz refresh rate, which my old video card (Radeon HD5850) can only support via DisplayPort. Everything works great except for the fact that whenever the monitor goes to sleep after...
  10. DisplayPort second monitor disconnects when it sleeps

DisplayPort second monitor disconnects when it sleeps: I have 2 monitors, an HDMI and a DisplayPort. It seems that, by design, the DisplayPort disconnects when it sleeps. This causes all of the open windows on that monitor move to the HDMI monitor because the DP monitor no longer exists. The only solution is to not put the...