Windows 10: Displayport Connection + Monitor sleep = Resolution Reset & Windows Explorer crashes

Discus and support Displayport Connection + Monitor sleep = Resolution Reset & Windows Explorer crashes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, Hoping someone can help. A couple of weeks ago, I got a new monitor - well, a 43" 4K TV. For the first time I'm connecting with the Mini... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ptrichardson, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Displayport Connection + Monitor sleep = Resolution Reset & Windows Explorer crashes

Hi,

Hoping someone can help.

A couple of weeks ago, I got a new monitor - well, a 43" 4K TV. For the first time I'm connecting with the Mini Displayport port on my laptop, which connects to the TV with HDMI at the other end.

It largely works great.

However, if I lock the screen and go away for a while, when I come back the TV has gone into standby mode. When I wake it up and unlock Windows 10, I notice that any applications I had open have been re-sized and moved. Seemingly the resolution had changed while everything was "off".

It wouldn't be the end of the world, but I noticed one of my applicatio would crash every single time. I have to force-close it and restart. A little bit of a pain.

But then I noticed that the Windows Key on my keyboard AND the actual Windows Start button on the screen also stop working. As in, nothing happens when I click on Start.

Until I close take on explorer.exe

Obviously this isn't a small bug, and I can't just ignore it. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Many thanks.

:)

ptrichardson, Apr 21, 2021
  2. Andrey_VI Win User

Fall creators update Displayport monitor won't go to sleep

Same issue after today's update to 1709 version: monitor won't go to sleep after configured time or after Win + L.

My configuration:

• Intel HD Graphics 3000 (driver version 9.17.10.4459)
    • Monitor connected via DisplayPort
    • Sleep disabled
    • Screen are set to turn off after 10 minutes
    Please help to fix this!

Andrey_VI, Apr 21, 2021
  3. DisplayPort second monitor disconnects when it sleeps

I have 2 monitors, an HDMI and a DisplayPort. It seems that, by design, the DisplayPort disconnects when it sleeps. This causes all of the open windows on that monitor move to the HDMI monitor (because the DP monitor no longer exists). The only solution
    is to not put the monitors to sleep.

Is there any preferred setting for keeping a monitor on 24/7/365? Should I put up a black screen saver? If not what can I do to not burn out my monitors by having them on. I also don't want them bright all night long.

2 new HP PCs

2 Acer ET322QU monitors on each

1 HDMI - 1 DisplayPort

TonyBeecher, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Displayport Connection + Monitor sleep = Resolution Reset & Windows Explorer crashes

Monitor is not working with DisplayPort to HDMI adapter

I have a HP EliteDisplay E222 and it is not able to recieve signals using a HDMI to DisplayPort adapter. I have tried plugging in the DisplayPort side of the adapter into my computer and into my graphics card and both of them give me no signal and that makes
    me think it is the monitors issue. However, when I plug the current monitor I am using into the HDMI side of the adapter (when the DisplayPort side of the adapter is connected to my computer) I also get no signal.

I have confirmed that the adapter works on my other computer but I just can not find out why it is not working on my main one.

I have tried:

1. Letting windows pick graphic card drivers (RX 570)
    2. Installing the latest drivers
    3. Taking the power cable out of my second monitor for one minute
    4. Resetting the monitor
    5. Turning off the power saving setting in the monitor
    6. Turning power mode to high performance in Windows 10

Unfortunately my current monitor has no DisplayPort port. If it did, I could of connected the DisplayPort side of the adapter to it to determine if the graphic card is the problem or if the monitor is.

DaleViljoen, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Displayport Connection + Monitor sleep = Resolution Reset & Windows Explorer crashes

1. Displayport Connection + Monitor sleep = Resolution Reset & Windows Explorer crashes - Similar Threads - Displayport Connection Monitor

2. Displayport monitor never goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Displayport monitor never goes to sleep.: Hey,I recently updated to Windows 11, and I have the weirdest glitch since.I have 2 monitors, connected to a Nvidia 2060, one on DVI 1080p@60Hz, another one on DisplayPort 1080p@144Hz/HDR/GSync.All sleep modes on windows are disable, except the Screen timeout, which should...
  3. Displayport monitor never goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Displayport monitor never goes to sleep.: Hey,I recently updated to Windows 11, and I have the weirdest glitch since.I have 2 monitors, connected to a Nvidia 2060, one on DVI 1080p@60Hz, another one on DisplayPort 1080p@144Hz/HDR/GSync.All sleep modes on windows are disable, except the Screen timeout, which should...
  4. Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange: I'm talking about this https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/avoid-unexpected-app-rearrangement/many articles have been written about this but meanwhile things still don't workI tried joining the Insider Program, but it didn't offer me any new updates. I feel like that...
  5. Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange: I'm talking about this https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/avoid-unexpected-app-rearrangement/many articles have been written about this but meanwhile things still don't workI tried joining the Insider Program, but it didn't offer me any new updates. I feel like that...
  6. Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. DisplayPort Monitor issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DisplayPort Monitor issues: Hello, I have two Samsung Monitors connected to my PC. One monitor uses HDMI and I have the second connected to DisplayPort both streaming 1080p. My issue is that after shutting my computer down, the monitor connected to the DisplayPort does not end up being recognized...
  8. DisplayPort second monitor disconnects when it sleeps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DisplayPort second monitor disconnects when it sleeps: I have 2 monitors, an HDMI and a DisplayPort. It seems that, by design, the DisplayPort disconnects when it sleeps. This causes all of the open windows on that monitor move to the HDMI monitor because the DP monitor no longer exists. The only solution is to not put the...
  9. Displayport goes weird by resuming monitor from sleep.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Displayport goes weird by resuming monitor from sleep.: Hi, some days ago I installed AOC G2460VQ6 75hz monitor with a displayport cable. I saw in windows settings that It is correctly set to 75hz. Unfortunately, with a frequency of 1/3 times, monitor, after resume from sleep (not pc suspension mode, only monitor), will look...
  10. Displayport Switchbox / resolution problem?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Displayport Switchbox / resolution problem?: In my home desktop setup, I have four systems attached to a StarTech displayport KVM switch, which I use to switch back and forth between computers when necessary and the rest of the time I just work on them them using UltraVNC. I just upgraded a Windows 8.1 machine to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monitor disconnected and connecting windows sleep displayport